+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Why is my Music being duplicated ??

is a discussion within the

Music / Video

forums, a part of the

Media

section;
Hi there . . . I recently got this iPhone 4g and I am uploading (through iTunes) some of my music , but there are a couple of albums that
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Why is my Music being duplicated ??
    Hi there . . . I recently got this iPhone 4g and I am uploading (through iTunes) some of my music , but there are a couple of albums that are getting duplicated , not on my Desktop but on my iPhone , what gives ?? why is this happening ??

When I say they are being duplicated is that if I open the "music" app on my iPhone and go to albums , I see 2 albums with the same name and the same amount of songs , although I must say that on a couple of albums only 7 songs were duplicated , not all of them , only 7 , I really have no clue what or why is this happening

Any input , comments or advice will be highly appreciated , thank YOU very much

iPhone? More like MyPhone Hillefied's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LokoTripper View Post
    Hi there . . . I recently got this iPhone 4g and I am uploading (through iTunes) some of my music , but there are a couple of albums that are getting duplicated , not on my Desktop but on my iPhone , what gives ?? why is this happening ??

When I say they are being duplicated is that if I open the "music" app on my iPhone and go to albums , I see 2 albums with the same name and the same amount of songs , although I must say that on a couple of albums only 7 songs were duplicated , not all of them , only 7 , I really have no clue what or why is this happening

Any input , comments or advice will be highly appreciated , thank YOU very much
    iTunes is no perfect library. There is an easy solution. Open your iTunes and click on File > Show Duplicates

Highlight all the duplicates and delete. Resync your phone and that should do it. Be sure to click on File > Show All so you can see your whole library again.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hillefied View Post
    iTunes is no perfect library. There is an easy solution. Open your iTunes and click on File > Show Duplicates

Highlight all the duplicates and delete. Resync your phone and that should do it. Be sure to click on File > Show All so you can see your whole library again.
    I did what you said , only to find out that "all" my library is duplicated ?? or maybe I am doing something wrong ??

iPhone? More like MyPhone Hillefied's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LokoTripper View Post
    I did what you said , only to find out that "all" my library is duplicated ?? or maybe I am doing something wrong ??
    This has happened to me before. I found out that I accidentally put my music in my library twice. Simple human error. The reason that File > Show Duplicates is there is to allow you to quickly delete the duplicates. I don't believe you did anything wrong.

Thanks

I have tried using the "show duplicates" function in order to identify which of my tracks are duplicates, however, it should be noted that iTunes shows BOTH the original and the duplicate file next to each other with no apparent difference. Jut make sure not to delete the original as well. I have found a more precise way to identify and remove iTunes duplicates through a free tool called TuneTastic. Here is the tool in action:

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm also face that type of problem actually... Nice sharing...