+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Conveting video and more.

is a discussion within the

Music / Video

forums, a part of the

Media

section;
A few questions: I am trying to convert MKV (no subtitles or anything) to Mp4 to play on my iPhone 4. I have Windows 7, plenty of system resources. I
    iPhone? More like MyPhone AmadeusKaelPyralis's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Conveting video and more.
    A few questions:

I am trying to convert MKV (no subtitles or anything) to Mp4 to play on my iPhone 4. I have Windows 7, plenty of system resources. I need a free program that will convert these MKV in groups, and that works relatively quickly. I have tried the following programs with limited success:

Laewo (comes with spyware AND when used seems to overheat my computer, although works the fastest so far. A h256 converts from MKV in about 30 minutes for a 23 minute file)

Internet Video Converter (extremely slow, 45 minutes to convert one file and in the end the file was not converted properly and would not play.)

A half dozen "freeware" converters that turned out to be trial versions and would convert nothing unless I paid terrible prices.

Second question, which is not quite related to this forum put perhaps someone will know. Recently updated to 4.2.1 and am enjoying all the new text tones... but being a jailbreaker I like to add my own. Replacing the standard text tones was easy (sms-received1.caf)... how do I replace the new ones so I can add a whole whack of text tones to one theme? (I guess I am asking there they are located in the system and what their names are to "replace" them).

Thanks
    Thanked 1,139 Times in 889 Posts

Handbrake works great.

iPhone? More like MyPhone AmadeusKaelPyralis's Avatar
    Thanks

I used to use handbrake, but there was something wrong with it. I am not sure what that was as it was about a year ago... but my brother-in-law uses 'FormatFactory'. I just tested it, and it works wonderfully.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,139 Times in 889 Posts

After a very long time HandBrake had a update a month or two ago. Updated many items in it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Have a Mac book pro and need a file converter so I can convert avi files to mp3 files , like to find one for free but if I have to buy one that's cool too,,,, if anybody has any ideas let me know please

iPhone? More like MyPhone Janet55's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joedogg2112 View Post
    Have a Mac book pro and need a file converter so I can convert avi files to mp3 files , like to find one for free but if I have to buy one that's cool too,,,, if anybody has any ideas let me know please
    You could start a new topic.
    Well, as stated above, Handbrake is great. Im using the Handbrake and ifunia combination, one for straight convert, and the other for a little bit of tweaking.
    Life is like music. It must be composed by ear, feeling and instinct, not by rule.