+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTunes & iPhone 4 Size mismatch

is a discussion within the

Music / Video

forums, a part of the

Media

section;
I have the newest iTunes and iPhone 4 running 4.1. My problem is the music size. iTunes reports I have 9.3GB of music (small, I know, I'm picky about my
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default iTunes & iPhone 4 Size mismatch
    I have the newest iTunes and iPhone 4 running 4.1. My problem is the music size. iTunes reports I have 9.3GB of music (small, I know, I'm picky about my library), but the iPhone claims I have 12.3GB on it. I've tried removing all music, and just removing the playlists (thinking there was a "double up" problem), all to no avail.

Anyone else notice this or have an idea how to remedy this? I'm not super concerned about the space, but 3GB is 3GB.

regards

pry

Thanks

Do you have apps or video on it

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Mine does this on everything. Apps, pictures, music you name it. It always tells me in iTunes that I have for free space than I actually do. Must be a bug in iTunes.
    HK-Z on Game Center

Thanks

I do have about 2gb in apps and 6 in video. I cleared everything off, started over. Same thing. Weird thing I noticed, when I hit the sync button, the graph slides down to 10.3 GB (still a gb over), and when the sync is finished, it jumps back up to 12.3 GB.

According to sbsettings, the free space is about 8 gb, which would fit with the 12.3 GB size...but if my library is only 9.3 GB (according to itunes), what is the other 3 gb?