+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: TV Out won't work

is a discussion within the

Music / Video

forums, a part of the

Media

section;
OK so I bought a cable to connect my iPhone 2G to my Flat screen TV and when Iplug it in it plays the audio but I don't see the
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unhappy TV Out won't work
    OK so I bought a cable to connect my iPhone 2G to my Flat screen TV and when Iplug it in it plays the audio but I don't see the video component. Anyone can help me on this?
    Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm assuming you got a 3rd party cable, not Apples.

Unfortunately a lot of 3rd party video cables do not work. I think it has something to do with the chip or lack there of in the cable itself.

I had the same experience with one of those 3rd party cables.
    I just got audio and no video, also got the popup about "accessory not supported".

Some 3rd party cables do work so it's best to try and find reviews of them before buying.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yes, I have the same problem with the tv out. I only hear audio and cant see the movie? anyone can help me please?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You need to download unsupported from Cydia.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My display out is not displaying anything only screen. I've tried almost every cable in existence including and currently the OEM component cables from Apple but still cannot get anything to display on the television. I've switched to multiple televisions all HD and switched back and forth to and from PAL to NDSC with nothing. My phone will not load when i restart it if any cable is plugged in. I have the iPhone 4 running 4.2.1 OS. Any solutions? I've tried TV Mirror Out as well and still cannot get an image on the screen of any kind. My iPod also seems to crash when I'm using any of these programs. The only thing I have not tried that I can think of is rejailbreaking the phone. I'm under the impression that this is a problem with OS 4.2.1 and not the phone but I don't know.