+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to add Videos to iPhone???

is a discussion within the

Music / Video

forums, a part of the

Media

section;
Believe it or not, i searched, googled, yada yada and found no help. I'm trying to add movies to my iphone. I already converted the avi to mp4 using a
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default How to add Videos to iPhone???
    Believe it or not, i searched, googled, yada yada and found no help.

I'm trying to add movies to my iphone. I already converted the avi to mp4 using a converter. Now when I open itunes, i click the Video tab and the video isnt there. I have no way of browsing for it either.

I have also tried to go File>Import and browse for the file, then click to open and nothing happens. The file does not get added.

I also tried opening the Videos library and going "Add file to library" and nothing happens again. I double click the file, and nothing happens.

How do I add a video to my iphone????

Thanks in advance!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

go to the movies tab on the left in itunes, then go to where you put the video on your computer, then click and drag it into the black area in the movies tab, then go to your phone tab on the left and then go to the phones videos tab and click the sync button on the bottom, and the video will sync to your phone and your done,

If that helps please hit the thank button on the bottom right of my post

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 1_iPhone_Lovin_Canadian For This Useful Post:

ArthurN (02-17-2008), stespider (11-18-2007), vazquezm (11-24-2007)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 1_iPhone_Lovin_Canadian View Post
    go to the movies tab on the left in itunes, then go to where you put the video on your computer, then click and drag it into the black area in the movies tab, then go to your phone tab on the left and then go to the phones videos tab and click the sync button on the bottom, and the video will sync to your phone and your done,

If that helps please hit the thank button on the bottom right of my post
    already tried that... it wont let me drag n drop.

Thanks

well then you dont have the file in the proper format so its probably something to do with how you changed it to mp4, if its mp4, then it WILL drag and drop in itune

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 1_iPhone_Lovin_Canadian View Post
    well then you dont have the file in the proper format so its probably something to do with how you changed it to mp4, if its mp4, then it WILL drag and drop in itune
    I'll screw around with it some more. I'll let u know when I figure it out

Thanks

First, you have to convert the video to mp4, mp3, or .mov~ this allows itunes to read your video! Personally,I use ffmpegx(free download) for converting~

After converting, this will allow to you use the drag/drop method~

Thanks

naw i have the same problem for a few of my files. THey work correctly while streaming, but you cant drag and drop into itunes because the framerate is 23.976........ Does anyone know a work around for this. I cant change the framerate because then the audio and vid aren't in sync that way.

Thanks

can it convert x264 mkv format to mp4

to mp4 at the framerate itunes needs while maintaining sync. My iphone plays the videos through the apache server. But they cannot be added to itunes because the framerate is 23.976 something and supposedly itunes can not process that framerate properly.
    Last edited by loujob; 11-19-2007 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

thr videora iphone video converter..its one of the best as far as i know..and its free too..it also converts a multiload of formats to ihones format..mp4...u can also set the quality of the video and audio
    Did I Help you?? Then Hit the Thanks button!
    16gb iPhone running 1.1.4
    Jailbroken and Unlocked!
    MMi ROCKS!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

guys;
    The solution from Green Apple works just drag and drop the movie to movie topic then start sync.
    I used itune 7.5 dvd 755 mb

Thanks

the problem with that is it cuts off all the buttons in xp, so I could load the video but the button to convert was off of the screen... still searching for a good one to use on windows that is free. I am using Cucusoft right now but the trial version puts a water mark over the video untill u purchase it :-( but so far its the only one that will sync after converting the file. Any help would be awsome. Iv also tryd psp9, as well as the iphone version of that, and a few others.

Thanks

Why not just use Hanbrake. I have over 10 DVD titles stored for iTunes and I keep 2 on the phone at any given time. I also have over 30 music videos that were also done with Handbrake. It's real easy to use and also gives great audio/video options. Just a recommendation.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I've put shrek the third on my iphone using xilisoft iphone converter but i had some terrible video/audio sync issues..the audio was about 10-12 seconds behind the video... Does anyone know which conversion program would be best to avoid this problem?

Thanks

Use Videora it is prolly the best, no watermark.

One issue is that when your converting to MP4 format, videora has New and old Format.

I kept using new format and the titles would not show up in itunes. I switched to old format and then all the titles show up no problem. I think "new" format, formats into mp4-1, not just simply mp4, which is what we need.

Thanks

I think handbrake is awesome, easy to use, and gets it done well.
    Just my two cents

Thanks

mp4Mobile is probably the best choice if you are willing to pay for it
    [url]http://www.vi
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 01-15-2011 at 11:20 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DirtyDan's Avatar
    Thanks

This is what helped me, and it will probably help you too. It tells you how to do this with DVDs and regular Video Files.

Good luck!

http://www.anders.com/guides/convert...d/windows.html

Banned
    Thanks

Does the iPhone video converter support converting HD video for iPhone?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Guys, i convert movie in mp4 and iTunes reads it but when i try to sync it with the phone nothing happens and iTunes says "There are no rented movies in your iTunes library that can be transferred". what to do?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hey guys, I would like to suggest another method for putting your DVDs in your iPhone. I previously used videora, but it was not as reliable as most say it is (at least in my experience). So I searched around and found another method. First I would use DVD decrypter to rip my DVD onto my computer (using the tutorial posted). Then I downloaded MediaCoder: Iphone edition. I left all the specs the same, except for format, I changed to H.264 (2-pass). This effectively converts files that itunes needs, and not only that, but it compresses the files more efficiently than Videora. Albeit, it does take time for the 2-pass (I believe it took me about 2-3 hours to convert Transformers using this method). But it works, so I wanted to pass on the word.