+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: .avi to iPhone the right way

is a discussion within the

Music / Video

forums, a part of the

Media

section;
I just ordered an Apple Composite AV Cable so I can watch movies on my TV from my iPhone. I am using Total Video Converter to convert from avi to
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default .avi to iPhone the right way
    I just ordered an Apple Composite AV Cable so I can watch movies on my TV from my iPhone. I am using Total Video Converter to convert from avi to iPhone, but the problem is the file size exceeds the one of the original... I tried different settings and same result, the only time I get a smaller file size is when I reduce the video size.

The settings I used: picked iPod Mpeg-4 and set everything to use the original of the avi file
    Original file size: 0.7 GB
    After conversion: 1.3 GB

Am I doing anything wrong? I currently connect my PC to the TV when I want to watch a movie and would like to use the iPhone for that, but also get the same quality. What I need to know is if it is possible (and if yes, how) to convert the avi to a format iPhone supports (I need subtitles too), while keeping the same quality/size and preferably the same file size or at least close to the original.

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

Are you on Win,or Mac?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Windows Vista

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

From my experience, mpeg4 files usually are bigger than avi, I'm on a mac and I use VisualHub for video conversions.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cmyk328 View Post
    From my experience, mpeg4 files usually are bigger than avi, I'm on a mac and I use VisualHub for video conversions.
    So, are my results normal?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey dude
    I use videora ipod nano video converter. Have had no probs and its got a decent sorta UI

Hope this helps.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by videospot View Post
    For Total Video Converter, you can set the video bit rate to enlarge or decrease the converted file size. Larger bit rate, larger output file size.
    Or you can select the AVC h264 output format, in normal, it is smalller than mpeg4 codec MP4 format.
    I was setting the bit rate to be as the one of the original and I was hoping get the same file size out of it. I tried the AVC h264 and got a 800 MB file that is a lot better than my previous one.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by rossmnz View Post
    Hey dude
    I use videora ipod nano video converter. Have had no probs and its got a decent sorta UI
    I downloaded and installed the Videora iPhone video converter and it has no subtitle support or I couldn't find it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

how to sources address tipe iphone install