+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Movie Conversion!

is a discussion within the

Music / Video

forums, a part of the

Media

section;
ok, i like to download axxo dvd rip torrents, i have been using visual hub to convert, works great, i was converting to 480x320 and fit perfect but the movies
    Thanks

Default Movie Conversion!
    ok, i like to download axxo dvd rip torrents, i have been using visual hub to convert, works great, i was converting to 480x320 and fit perfect but the movies were a little scrunched up from sides inward. is there a better resolution to convert to, i think on video playing there is a fit option with arrows at the top, think if i just convert to normal ipod video res it would look fine, i want them to fill the whole screen without too much croping and no squeezing the pic in?

Bump?
    Last edited by jasunto; 07-28-2007 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,269 Times in 652 Posts

I use visualhub, on the ipod setting, optimized for ipod, quality set on go nuts, and H.264 encoding checked. Works great, looks great, is great.

oh, and axxo is THE man
    Last edited by Cody Overcash; 07-29-2007 at 12:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

oh hey, so it does fill the whole screen every pixel? or do your axxo vids show up with black bars at top and bottom?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,269 Times in 652 Posts

depends if i use the zoom in pic or not. movie screen size will have the black bars at the top and bottom. you can use the zoom in thingy on the iphone and it cuts off the sides a bit. This will be the same with every widescreen movie regardless of what program you use . . . . unless of course you choose to size to the screen leaving stretched and scrunched movies, not my cup of tea

Banned
    Thanks
    change the aspect ratio to 640x480

Thanks

hey anyone use Videora? cuz i wanna know how to get a widescreen dvd to show fullscreen on the iPhone? and yes i double tap on the screen and it just zooms in a bit and i'm still left with the black borders on top&bottom