+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Meet the Staff: Simon / x98car

is a discussion within the

MMi Site News

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
Meet the Staff is a new series which over the next few weeks will be highlighting ModMyi.com's awesome staff. Hopefully this well let our readers and members get to know
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

Default Meet the Staff: Simon / x98car

Meet the Staff is a new series which over the next few weeks will be highlighting ModMyi.com's awesome staff. Hopefully this well let our readers and members get to know us a little better by learning a bit more about our staff's wealth of crazy and fun people.

So far we have covered the admin Broomhead of the site and the co-founders Cody Overcash and Kyle Matthews, Now we are going to work our way down the list of the awesome mods and super mods that do all the dirty work and help keep the site running smoothly.

Logan - Tell us a little about yourself. Your age, location, education, and what do you want to be when you grow up?

Simon - My name is Simon, also known as x98car till recently, I am 31 years old. I live in this beautiful hell hole called Bermuda. I have a Bachelor of Arts with a major in Economics, minor in History. My wife and I have been together for 17 years and married for the last 6. We have two beautiful children. I own a small business here and run it with my sister.

Logan - How'd you first get involved with the MMi community? How long have you been apart of MMi?

Simon - When I got my first iPhone in November, 2007. Signed up then but didn't become active as far as posting until early 2010. Now I can't stop posting (30K posts later)

Logan - What devices do you own? Is there one you can't wait to get!

Simon - Better question maybe what iDevices do i not own? I always get what's new, even non-Apple, but usually sell the non-Apple stuff after playing with them for a while.

Logan - What Cydia/Apple tweaks/applications can you not live without?

Simon - SBSettings, 3G Unrestrictor, Barrel, Osfoora, Facebook, and... seems to be everyones favorite, the ModMyi app.

Logan - What do you think of the new iOS5 and iPhone 4S?

Simon - Love it (although could have done with a slight redesign). It is super quick, love iMessage and Notification Center - and Siri is awesome.

Logan - If you could be any super hero who would it be and why?

Simon - Superman, because he is the best of the best. Almost invulnerable, heat vision, super breath, super speed and the dude can fly. You can't get much better than that. Also the mythology behind Superman is one of the most interesting out there (See Kill Bill 2 speech about it )

Logan - So you seem to be a jokester... got any funny moments you will never be able to live down?

Simon - Uh ya, I was 18 I think and was a tad drunk (drinking age is 18 in Bermuda). Went for a drive with a bunch of my friends (driver was not drunk). Can't remember what exactly we were talking about but it led to them daring me to do something so they stopped the car, I got out and they drove off. It was a pretty out of the way street, so when I saw headlights coming towards me again I figured they were on their way back. I jumped in front of the car (speed limit is 35km/h here so they weren't going fast) and started to make "Hulk Hogan" type moves. Went as far as laying on top of the car, rolled around in front of it for a bit then got up and stepped to the side so they could drive up and let me back in. Instead the car drove off, so I was kinda confused. Then a second car came down the road and stopped beside me - and this was the car with my friends in it. They saw the whole thing and were laughing their tails off. I can only wonder what the people in that first car thought they were dealing with when some crazy person jumped out in front of their car and started flexing muscles like Hulk Hogan. lol

Hope you guys are enjoying the series and getting to know us all a little better! Stay tuned tomorrow for another interview with another staff member....
    Last edited by Kyle Matthews; 11-01-2011 at 08:58 AM. Reason: quick edit
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Just leaving my opinion here... I think it would be nice if these were a once a week thing or something. I feel like cowboy has a goal here: to pump these all out as soon as possible. Once a week seems like a good number. More than that and I find I'd rather just skip the article all-together.

Thanks

Sorry you feel that way I am not trying to pump them out but we have a lot of staff and the goal was for it to be a 10 day venture

Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks

I like them too.

We should do "Meet the core members"
    EDM

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

I like em. Git to know them all

Thanks
    Thanked 1,717 Times in 1,170 Posts

Simon is one cool guy, I ask him all my jailbreaking questions. He has never not had the answer. Cheers buddy

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Broomhead For This Useful Post:

Simon (11-01-2011)

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah if you have questions about jailbreaking Simon is the man!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to thetoothfairy For This Useful Post:

Simon (11-01-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,529 Times in 5,848 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Broomhead View Post
    Simon is one cool guy, I ask him all my jailbreaking questions. He has never not had the answer. Cheers buddy
    Ditto, Simon is my go-to guy also. He is perhaps one of the top and best additions (and there are many) to our team. Much love Simon.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

Simon (11-01-2011)

Thanks

I'm enjoying them, it's nice together to know bait more about these guys/gals.

Thanks

Thanks you sir

Thanks

Hm for a superhero i thought he say magic johnson but i guess i was wrong

Thanks

We have the same first name! Simon is the man for any questions, never left me hanging and always willing to help out. I don't feel these are being pumped out at all... i am really enjoying them! To each is own

16. The Following User Says Thank You to mmaboi21 For This Useful Post:

Simon (11-01-2011)

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol your drunk incident was funny. Nice meating you

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    Sorry you feel that way I am not trying to pump them out but we have a lot of staff and the goal was for it to be a 10 day venture
    Ignore him, people will never be happy. Thank you for what you do

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hogcia For This Useful Post:

Cowboy (11-01-2011), Simon (11-02-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    Well if it's a 10 day venture, by definition you are trying to pump them out ASAP, right? Didn't know that was the goal. Anyway, just voicing my opinion is all

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post

Ignore him, people will never be happy. Thank you for what you do
    Seems even if a person gives constructive criticism, he must be ingored. All I said was it seemed to rapid for my taste. Why should that be ignored?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

No your opinion wasnt take negatively by me I know what you mean. And I was just voicing where I stand and what I am doing.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

It's wonderful to have you on the team, Simon! You're really bright when it comes to jailbreaks. You always serve us with great explanations and straightforward answers.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Simon (11-02-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Your kids have your eyes lol. Too cute.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

Simon (11-04-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 14,786 Times in 6,879 Posts

Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Thanks