Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Meet the Staff: Broomhead / Tim

Default Meet the Staff: Broomhead / Tim

The last couple days I have posted stories on the Co-Founders who started ModMyi to justify purchasing a $600 dollar "Geek Toy" Cody Overcash and Kyle Matthews. Lets continue meeting everyone by learning about our Moderator Admin - and one of my heroes.

Logan - Tell us a little about yourself. Your age, location, education, and what do you want to be when you grow up?

Tim - My name is Tim and I'm 38 years old. I live in Chicago Land (30 miles east in northwest Indiana). I've been married 15 years now to my high-school sweetheart. We started dating in 7th grade. My wife and I have three girls. They're 5, 3 and 1.

I've worked construction all my adult life. Started out as a rough framer running a crew that was responsible for framing 35-45 houses a year. I did that for ten years.

Then we moved to Seattle to start my own construction/remodeling business, but my real reason for moving there was the mountaineering. I love the mountains and the outdoor lifestyle you get living in the Pacific Northwest. After 10 years in Seattle and two babies, we moved back to Chicago land and had our third child, another girl. Here in Indiana I worked for a green building company as Director of Production, but now I'm self employed and loving the hours I get to set for myself.

Logan -
    How'd you first get involved with the MMi community? How long have you been apart of MMi?

Tim - I first heard about MMi from a friend (TheMadProfessor) I told him about this app iFuntastic that I found by googling iPhone hacks and he said I needed to check out ModMyiPhone. I joined right then September 2007 and became very active right away. I became a mod about 6 weeks later.

Logan - What are your hobbies and interests?

Tim - Well other than work, family, and Apple stuff I enjoy drawing, but not on paper - on people. I am an amateur tattoo artist. I have been doing it for a few years now and really enjoy it. I have seen enough bad tattoos in my time to realize I could do better and for a much cheaper price than most pros charge. I am also a vegetarian or a "non-practicing vegan" I started cutting out meats from my diet about 8 years ago now starting with beef, then chicken, and then finally pork. I have now been meat free for right at 3 years. I do occasionally eat a nice fish though. Also to top my list of hobbies I am an avid cyclist. I just love riding my bike and leaving the car at home. I enjoy riding the bike somewhere that I know I could have made it just as easy by hoping in the car and starting the key. I have a bike trailer I throw my kids in sometimes and also doubles as a grocery basket; the looks I get from other people in SUVs is priceless. It is what I love and it is what makes me happy so I don't care what the others think.

Logan -
    You're referred to by Broomhead. How'd you come up with that name?

Tim - I was given this nickname by some friends back in middle school. I had a slim build and spiked hair, so the name was fitting for me. I have always gone by this name and answer to it as if was my given name Tim.

Logan -
    What devices do you own?

Tim - iPod second generation, iBook, Mac mini with original apple cinema display, iPhone 4, and an iPhone 4S!

Logan -
    Is their one can't wait to get?

Tim - iPad 2, Macbook Pro, and the iPhone 5. I am very excited about a possible redesign for the iPhone with a larger screen and improved battery life - "my wish for Apple." Apple keeps making great improvements but with all the rumors that have merged, I am HOPING that Apple will do something more amazing and make something more beautiful than any of us could dream that our phone could be....

Logan
    - What Cydia/Apple tweaks/applications can you not live without?

Tim - SBSettings, WinterBoard, Barrel, and the beloved MMi app.

Logan -
    What do you think of the new iOS5 and iPhone 4S?

Tim - I think the new iPhone 4S is amazing, loving the speed that my iPhone 4 was lacking. iCloud, iMessage & Siri are a lot of fun!

Logan -
    If you could be any super hero who would it be and why?

Tim - I think Superman is the way to go. The man of steel, what else would you need.

Now we have meet all the Admins that yell at the rest of the staff in the private forums. Stay tuned tomorrow when we start rolling out some of the super mods!
    Last edited by Kyle Matthews; 10-31-2011 at 09:26 AM.
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks

I like him.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Sure is a sexy man

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

A Real sweet person!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Brooms! You and I weren't always on the same page in the beginning, but today I consider you very respectable and an all-around fun guy to run into in Staff.

This interview is cool. Good to see who these people are who keep our beloved modmyi allive.
    I'm still thankfull for your support Bromhead. You are an excellent example for a friendly person: not only helping but on top with a friendly and polite note. Good for modmyi that we have guys like u around here

Thanks
    Thanked 15,464 Times in 7,082 Posts

Brooms taught me everything I know......about moderating that is. Jailbreaking is a different story lol

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

Broom seem to be a great Guy.

Thanks

These interviews are by far my favorite articles. Besides new jailbreaks, fantastic write up and broom head seems awesome!

He seems like someone you don't want to mess with

You seem like a pleasure to be around!

These interviews are great.

The joy of the Internet is that you get to know people who, in real life, you would avoid like the plague!

A vegetarian, cycling tattoo artist? I'm so glad I got to know he's a great guy before I found that out....
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

I always wondered where your handle BroomHead originated. Also thanks for your help in the past.