+ Reply
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ModMyi is All New Again - MMiv5 is Live

is a discussion within the

MMi Site News

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
Originally Posted by szr Kudos on site so far, I honestly believe it's coming along really well. Aside from the RSS issue, I have one small suggestion I've noticed in
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,798 Times in 1,222 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by szr View Post
    Kudos on site so far, I honestly believe it's coming along really well. Aside from the RSS issue, I have one small suggestion I've noticed in the forum view. I noticed that all posts have the "subject" line (a common thing on vB based forums), which is empty most of the time, and sometimes my mind keeps wanting to think the separator line is the one that separates the body from the signature, and this for a few milliseconds I'm left wondering if I'm looking at the body or a sig, which quickly becomes apparent, so it's not a huge deal at all, but as a small suggestion, perhaps only make it visible when a post actually contains a subject (when the "Title" field has been filled in when composing), omitting that section, separator line et al, when it doesn't. In fact, this is exactly how the signature section acts.
    Will look at this today.

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94 View Post
    You're definitely not the only one and I agree. I just clicked on this article this morning: Apple, iPhone and iPad Forums at ModMyi - Shoot Pictures With Your iPhone and Send Them Directly to Photoshop which says it has 3 replies at the moment out on the main news page, but then when I click on it I only see 2 replies, unless I click to the link to the forum thread view for the news post.

I mean, what's the point of having the Reply box or even showing the replies if all the replies don't show up, and only the first 1 or 2 replies will show? It's kind of pointless. Please either don't show the replies at all and just have the link and say "click here to view and post replies" or whatever, or just have the main news page take you directly to the forum post. Or, fix it and make the news post view show all previous replies.
    The reply issue is not a design issue but a vBulletin one which we have a ticket in for. The "article view is differently styled than forum threads" issue is not an issue necessarily but a vBulletin decision. I agree they should match up, so will work to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    yes, sorry for not being clear
    The "article view is differently styled than forum threads" issue is not an issue necessarily but a vBulletin decision. I agree they should match up, so will work to do that.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

szr (09-12-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I like....but is there any visual way of telling which threads I post in when tapping "new posts"? Without having to tap forums>quicklinks>subscribed threads. Not sure why the quicklinks link isn't on the "new posts" tab though...but you have a "new posts" link on the new posts tab directly beside "new group messages"...kinda redundant? Also when you post in a thread....why doesn't this show up under "new posts" until another member posts after you in the same thread?
    Last edited by !Kernel Panic!; 09-12-2011 at 10:28 AM.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Default this title means nothing but is a test
    Quote Originally Posted by !Kernel Panic! View Post
    I like....but is there any visual way of telling which threads I post in when tapping "new posts"? Without having to tap forums>quicklinks>subscribed threads. Not sure why the quicklinks link isn't on the "new posts" tab though...but you have a "new posts" link on the new posts tab directly beside "new group messages"...kinda redundant?
    Hm, no, there isn't. I can look into that.

Quote Originally Posted by !Kernel Panic! View Post
    Also when you post in a thread....why doesn't this show up under "new posts" until another member posts after you in the same thread?
    Because New Posts is a list of threads which have had new posts in them since you last visited them. When you post in a thread, you're obviously already in that thread, so it doesn't have new posts. For other people, it would show as a thread with new posts.

Quote Originally Posted by szr View Post
    I've noticed in the forum view. I noticed that all posts have the "subject" line (a common thing on vB based forums), which is empty most of the time... perhaps only make it visible when a post actually contains a subject...
    Done.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

szr (09-12-2011)

szr
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Matthews View Post
    Done.
    Thank you, looks very nice

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Kyle, when viewing thankd threads, 'by' is incorrect. S/B from.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    Kyle, when viewing thankd threads, 'by' is incorrect. S/B from.
    It's saying the post is by you, not the thread.

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

It's saying the post is by you, not the thread.
    Sorry for the confusion. Inaccurate words.
    Including the user-name of the thanker would be helpful.
    Last edited by Mes; 09-12-2011 at 02:54 PM.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    Sorry for the confusion. Inaccurate words.
    Including the user-name of the thanker would be helpful.
    Yes, this is difficult and not in the scope of the mod, but something to add to the "for a rainy coding day" list.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

Mes (09-12-2011)

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SnowLeo View Post
    Small note: not sure I like how it wraps the words in the reply box. For example if i type word that is too long at the end of the line it splits the word instead of keeping the full word and moving it to the next line like it used to.
    Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    as I'm typing this the I've above has been split with the e on a different line, not sure how it will actually post.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkcrave View Post
    is the word wrap feature stock ? because it just makes WoT and no one wants to read WoT
    Quote Originally Posted by darkcrave View Post
    Wall of Text
    This has been fixed now. It was a vBulletin/WebKit bug (fix was here, and is being integrated into vB 4.1.7, although I added it manually to our 4.1.5 install).

Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    Also on the main page when I click on a news article and reply I can not see the rest of the replies. I have to go into the forums and find the topic to view all replies.
    Is this happening on all articles? This is a bug which I cannot reproduce.

A side note to all - article views are quite different than thread view, and for fundamental reasons. I'm leaning toward modifying the article view instead of changing it completely. We want NEWS articles (from the front page) to be in a more blog-style format, since a majority of the readers are folks who don't spend much time in the forums. We then want FORUM threads to look much as they do - extra info, large boxed areas, user info, etc. I may add SOME info into articles, but sigs/location/etc won't be in there.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i think that it looks great. very clean and its still easy to use.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to carolinamic For This Useful Post:

Kyle Matthews (09-13-2011)

Thanks

Is this happening on all articles? This is a bug which I cannot reproduce.

A side note to all - article views are quite different than thread view, and for fundamental reasons. I'm leaning toward modifying the article view instead of changing it completely. We want NEWS articles (from the front page) to be in a more blog-style format, since a majority of the readers are folks who don't spend much time in the forums. We then want FORUM threads to look much as they do - extra info, large boxed areas, user info, etc. I may add SOME info into articles, but sigs/location/etc won't be in there.
    Doing it right now to me on today's article about notes:

Apple, iPhone and iPad Forums at ModMyi - Easily Delete Notes in Notes.app with MultiNoteDelete

The news feed says it has 4 comments at the moment, but when I click to read the full article is says there is only one comment and only shows one comment (the first comment I believe).

Wanting the news feed article to look different than the forum is all well and good, we just want to see all replies without having to actually go into the forum and then back out again to read something else.

*edit* even after I posted in that article, it still only shows 1 comment if I click on the article from the News page.
    Last edited by PatrickGSR94; 09-13-2011 at 07:46 AM.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

The news feed says it has 4 comments at the moment, but when I click to read the full article is says there is only one comment and only shows one comment (the first comment I believe).

Wanting the news feed article to look different than the forum is all well and good, we just want to see all replies without having to actually go into the forum and then back out again to read something else.
    Completely agree - this is a bug, I am tracking it down.

Thanks

It appears to be okay now, on that particular article anyway.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

It appears to be okay now, on that particular article anyway.
    This might just be a cache issue then.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,354 Times in 1,307 Posts

does this update have any conflicts with firefox cuz ever since the update its a given that it will crash after being here awhile

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iZangetsu View Post
    does this update have any conflicts with firefox cuz ever since the update its a given that it will crash after being here awhile
    I've also noticed daily firefox crashes. Win7-32 bit.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I like the new design, I just wish I could get that stupid HP ad to actually close.

Thanks

Not sure if anyone else is having a problem but it seems for me that MMi has gotten painfully slow.

If I try to load this site: Apple, iPhone and iPad Forums at ModMyi - Home

it use to load and I could scroll and look at the headings. Now I have to wait for the ENTIRE page to load because it slows down my whole browser.

And right now as I am typing this it is going PAINFULLY slow at putting my text down.

On Win7 > Google Chrome. I actually type what I want and then 2 sec later text will actually show up. No other site is making my browser do this. So it must be something with MMI

My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

Another bug I'm seeing now is the main page does not refresh the entire page. It's the only site that's doing it for me so it's not on my end.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shanks12 View Post
    Not sure if anyone else is having a problem but it seems for me that MMi has gotten painfully slow.

If I try to load this site: Apple, iPhone and iPad Forums at ModMyi - Home

it use to load and I could scroll and look at the headings. Now I have to wait for the ENTIRE page to load because it slows down my whole browser.

And right now as I am typing this it is going PAINFULLY slow at putting my text down.

On Win7 > Google Chrome. I actually type what I want and then 2 sec later text will actually show up. No other site is making my browser do this. So it must be something with MMI
    Haven't seen this yet, no.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    Another bug I'm seeing now is the main page does not refresh the entire page. It's the only site that's doing it for me so it's not on my end.
    Can you give me a screenshot?