+ Reply
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ModMyi is All New Again - MMiv5 is Live

is a discussion within the

MMi Site News

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
Well 4 would never show all the posts from the main page news and it always gave some invalid token error when going back. Plus the interface or looks of
    My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

Well 4 would never show all the posts from the main page news and it always gave some invalid token error when going back. Plus the interface or looks of 4 was much worse than 3. I haven't had much time to use 5 yet but by my initial view it has a much worse look than 4. Hmmm, auto save popped up, I do like that. To me it's the looks of it and I'm one that just doesn't like change. Sure no ones really complained but most people won't but I will say what I think. It's my opinion is all. I stay around because I've learned so much from this site and they have the best information out there and the latest news.

EDIT: Why after I do a reply it goes back to page 1 instead of staying on the current page?

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    Although the whole line starting with New Posts is much higher now.
    Fixed. I'm a very happy camper
    A clean look, nice colors, easy navigation, and informative.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,786 Times in 6,879 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    Sure no ones really complained but most people won't but I will say what I think. It's my opinion is all.
    Lol, you must have missed the first update thread we had. People will definitely complain. That thread is proof: ModMyi.com is All New . . . take 3ish

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,797 Times in 1,222 Posts

Forum Actions, Community and Quick Links drop down box's are empty. Last night it was working
    Same on computer and iPad
    Fixed. I'm a very happy camper
    A clean look, nice colors, easy navigation, and informative.
    There ya go.

Quote Originally Posted by PathKiller29 View Post
    right about the selected Nav item is a line which IMO look awkward
    K, fixed that. I liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by PathKiller29 View Post
    the second nav just seems like its missing a background or something, its just white text on blue, IMO the Nav should stand out (kinda like the Main Nav does) what i see is the second nav looks like its just not part of it.
    Nah, this is fine this way. The second line is a minor nab, so doesn't need to be quite so pronounced.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    Well 4 would never show all the posts from the main page news and it always gave some invalid token error when going back. Plus the interface or looks of 4 was much worse than 3. I haven't had much time to use 5 yet but by my initial view it has a much worse look than 4. Hmmm, auto save popped up, I do like that. To me it's the looks of it and I'm one that just doesn't like change. Sure no ones really complained but most people won't but I will say what I think. It's my opinion is all. I stay around because I've learned so much from this site and they have the best information out there and the latest news.

EDIT: Why after I do a reply it goes back to page 1 instead of staying on the current page?
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Lol, you must have missed the first update thread we had. People will definitely complain. That thread is poof: ModMyi.com is All New . . . take 3ish
    What Simon said. People DEFINITELY complain when it's bad. I hear your v4 frustrations (which is what most of your post was) - hence v5. The only thing I could catch you said you didn't like on this version is "To me it's the looks of it"? Can you be more specific? This is pretty close to what we already had, just cleaner and more organized. Is there something specific in this theme bothering you?

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Thanks
    Thanked 1,217 Times in 588 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Matthews View Post
    There ya go.

K, fixed that. I liked it.

Nah, this is fine this way. The second line is a minor nab, so doesn't need to be quite so pronounced.

What Simon said. People DEFINITELY complain when it's bad. I hear your v4 frustrations (which is what most of your post was) - hence v5. The only thing I could catch you said you didn't like on this version is "To me it's the looks of it"? Can you be more specific? This is pretty close to what we already had, just cleaner and more organized. Is there something specific in this theme bothering you?
    okay, still good..
    thanks for the work!

i think u should make a rule where everyone has to have a sig that at least as cool as mine :P
    Last edited by PathKiller29; 09-09-2011 at 12:59 PM.

Thanks

Wow I am amazed at the iPad app... Feels soo native

Kyle the only thing I've noticed is that it still only shows the first page of comments on articles.
    ( app for iPad and iPhone)
    Last edited by mmaboi21; 09-09-2011 at 01:31 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,691 Times in 835 Posts

Looking a lot better! When everything was white it really bugged me. Please bring back the area that displays what device we're using! That makes it so much easier to troubleshoot problems!

Thanks

I don't see the link to get to my User CP. Also I'm not seeing any signatures below posts. Other than that it seems to be pretty good.

And just now when I posted this it took me back to the original news post and 1st pages of comments instead of directly to my post.

Okay so if I click "view original post" at the bottom of the news article, it takes me to the actual forum thread view where I can see all the thanks info, sigs, etc. And I'm betting if I make a reply while in the forum thread view instead of directly in the news article view, it will take me to my post instead of back to the beginning. Why the difference?
    Last edited by PatrickGSR94; 09-09-2011 at 01:35 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I definitely enjoy the streamlined comment UI. I don't have to do so much scrolling to get to the bottom.And, frankly, I don't care about all of those stats being shown next to everyone. But, it did help show who's a regular and who isn't.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jamesgunaca For This Useful Post:

Kyle Matthews (09-09-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 14,786 Times in 6,879 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94 View Post
    I don't see the link to get to my User CP.
    It is the "settings" link at the top of the page

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    Wow I am amazed at the iPad app... Feels soo native

Kyle the only thing I've noticed is that it still only shows the first page of comments on articles.
    ( app for iPad and iPhone)
    Huh? Screenshot. This thread is not about the app, it's about our new site design.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    Looking a lot better! When everything was white it really bugged me. Please bring back the area that displays what device we're using! That makes it so much easier to troubleshoot problems!
    Will check on that - were people actually keeping it updated?

I don't see the link to get to my User CP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    It is the "settings" link at the top of the page
    /\/\/\ This. /\/\/\

Also I'm not seeing any signatures below posts. Other than that it seems to be pretty good.
    Signatures show fine, but as stated earlier not in articles (front page news items are articles, forum posts are threads).

And just now when I posted this it took me back to the original news post and 1st pages of comments instead of directly to my post.
    Yes, this is a bug which only occurs on articles. It doesn't happen in the forum. We're looking into it.

Okay so if I click "view original post" at the bottom of the news article, it takes me to the actual forum thread view where I can see all the thanks info, sigs, etc. And I'm betting if I make a reply while in the forum thread view instead of directly in the news article view, it will take me to my post instead of back to the beginning. Why the difference?
    Articles and threads are two separate things, and have separate styles. We're working to make them look the same.

formerly known as Method2001 TheGrandFinale2001's Avatar
    Thanks

Ah, yes. This is definitely better lol. Looks great guys.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGrandFinale2001 For This Useful Post:

Green Apple
    Thanks

is the word wrap feature stock ? because it just makes WoT and no one wants to read WoT

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by darkcrave View Post
    is the word wrap feature stock ? because it just makes WoT and no one wants to read WoT
    The current way the words wrap is stock and we have a ticket in to change it.

WoT? WOT - What does WOT stand for? Acronyms and abbreviations by the Free Online Dictionary.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,354 Times in 1,307 Posts

Looks great but all the white is a lil overwhelming at times. feel alittle blinded should tone it down just a notch, should show all the smilies down the right side of this leave comment box might as well there is so much room there, i've noticed if I refresh the page after posting a comment it would not show sometimes and everything i typed in is back in the typing area. still a BIG improvement visual wise than the last just turn the lights down or make it to have a selectable theme light or dark

Green Apple
    Thanks

Wall of Text

Thanks
    Thanked 9,529 Times in 5,848 Posts

I hear ya. Been there - still praying for good things. Do you want the blue AND bold?
    That would be better, what happened to the dark red like it used to be? But Blue and Bold would be cool.
    Thank you for you kind words and thoughts Kyle.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iZangetsu View Post
    Looks great but all the white is a lil overwhelming at times. feel alittle blinded should tone it down just a notch, should show all the smilies down the right side of this leave comment box might as well there is so much room there, i've noticed if I refresh the page after posting a comment it would not show sometimes and everything i typed in is back in the typing area. still a BIG improvement visual wise than the last just turn the lights down or make it to have a selectable theme light or dark
    I'll look into a dark theme. The way it is now is the same we've had it since 2008 roughly though now that the sides are dark gray again.

Quote Originally Posted by darkcrave View Post
    Wall of Text
    Gotcha.

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    That would be better, what happened to the dark red like it used to be? But Blue and Bold would be cool.
    Thank you for you kind words and thoughts Kyle.
    Oh I see what you're saying - yah, right now it does that for the NAME, not the title. I'll check out why and see if I can change it.

Thanks

Huh? Screenshot. This thread is not about the app, it's about our new site design.
    Apologies, but it seems to work from time to time.

Thanks

A few minor problems and most have been fixed already - keep up the great work. Can't be easy catering for all us whingers!

+ Reply
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast