+ Reply
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ModMyi is All New Again - MMiv5 is Live

is a discussion within the

MMi Site News

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
I'm having the same issue as Shanks12. At the home page it just continues to load and never full loads. I'm on firefox the latest version and it's the only
    My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm having the same issue as Shanks12. At the home page it just continues to load and never full loads. I'm on firefox the latest version and it's the only site that does it. Hopefully all these bugs and problems are fixed by the time the iPhone 5 is released. Here is a screenshot after the page sitting there for a minute and the first 3 articles load and that's it. Okay I guess no screen shot there is no option to upload it anymore.

Okay I came back to edit it and I have the attachment button but it shows a blank rectangle box so I still can't add it. So many problems with this new site, I think I've mentioned 5 total.
    Last edited by GrandMstrBud; 09-13-2011 at 10:12 PM.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,223 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    I'm having the same issue as Shanks12. At the home page it just continues to load and never full loads. I'm on firefox the latest version and it's the only site that does it. Hopefully all these bugs and problems are fixed by the time the iPhone 5 is released. Here is a screenshot after the page sitting there for a minute and the first 3 articles load and that's it. Okay I guess no screen shot there is no option to upload it anymore.

Okay I came back to edit it and I have the attachment button but it shows a blank rectangle box so I still can't add it. So many problems with this new site, I think I've mentioned 5 total.
    This is very strange - none of our staff or testers can replicate this (not saying it's not happening, saying there's something we're missing, because for the MOST part it's not happening).

Can you upload the screenshot to an image sharing site? I just tested multiple attachments on various threads - works fine.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Thanks
    Thanked 4,354 Times in 1,307 Posts

He's prbly talking about this the green loading spinner never stops no matter how long the page is on the screen

hope this helps

Thanks

Very good looking redesign! I liked the original, thought the previous design looked pretty cool, and really dig this one! No matter how this site looks, it will always be the #1 iPhone site out there. MMi by far is my fav forums to be on :-) It seems that there are very few sites that have any sort of morals (regarding copyright, pricay, language, etc.) Luckily this is one of those sites :-) oh jeez, now I'm all warm and fuzzy inside lol

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Imahottguy For This Useful Post:

Mes (09-14-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Matthews View Post
    This might just be a cache issue then.
    Happening today on this article, I just posted the 12th comment yet it says there is only 1 comment.

Apple, iPhone and iPad Forums at ModMyi - Create Photo Icons on SpringBoard with SBPhoto

Also odd is that when I first came to the News page just a few moments ago (was on another site and clicked my bookmark), the "comments" link below each abbreviated article in the main news page only had a number showing for comments, such as simply "11" meaning 11 comments. After I posted in that article, all the articles on the news page changed to saying "xx Comments" instead of just a number, so that one changed to saying "12 Comments". But still when I clicked on it, only the first comment shows and it only says there is 1 comment unless I go to the forum view.

Thanks

Has anyone using Chrome experienced the same problems I was?

Sometimes is SO terrible slow to type and others its fine.

But everything does freeze basically when I am trying to load pages. Even after it finishes loading it like freezes my browser. Doesn't do this on any other site.

And.. I'm not sure why, but it only seems to do this the first time the page loads. If I refresh, it works fine.

But if I open a new page or go back to MMi News for first time.. it basically freezes when loading. Almost like I have dial up in 1990's or something

Thanks

This is very strange - none of our staff or testers can replicate this (not saying it's not happening, saying there's something we're missing, because for the MOST part it's not happening).

Can you upload the screenshot to an image sharing site? I just tested multiple attachments on various threads - works fine.
    Error 1
    b3e0d.jpg at Free Image Hosting

Error 2
    49bd8.jpg at Free Image Hosting

Error 3 (Attachments)
    Appears to be working now so no issue with attachments

Error 4 (Not really an error)
    When posting it goes back to page 1 instead of leaving off at the latest reply

Error 5 (Not really an error)
    Posts are not numbered anymore, not a huge deal but it was nice to have

Error 6
    When clicking on a news article and if it has more than 1 reply I click on that link it just sits there instead of taking me to the forum

FYI, as mentioned before I'm using the latest version of firefox and no proxies either

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iZangetsu View Post
    He's prbly talking about this the green loading spinner never stops no matter how long the page is on the screen

hope this helps
    hmm - with this issue, it's generally caused by Facebook not fully loading. Which means, it's actually fully loaded, just doesn't have the like button on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    Very good looking redesign! I liked the original, thought the previous design looked pretty cool, and really dig this one! No matter how this site looks, it will always be the #1 iPhone site out there. MMi by far is my fav forums to be on :-) It seems that there are very few sites that have any sort of morals (regarding copyright, pricay, language, etc.) Luckily this is one of those sites :-) oh jeez, now I'm all warm and fuzzy inside lol
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94 View Post
    Happening today on this article, I just posted the 12th comment yet it says there is only 1 comment.

Apple, iPhone and iPad Forums at ModMyi - Create Photo Icons on SpringBoard with SBPhoto

Also odd is that when I first came to the News page just a few moments ago (was on another site and clicked my bookmark), the "comments" link below each abbreviated article in the main news page only had a number showing for comments, such as simply "11" meaning 11 comments. After I posted in that article, all the articles on the news page changed to saying "xx Comments" instead of just a number, so that one changed to saying "12 Comments". But still when I clicked on it, only the first comment shows and it only says there is 1 comment unless I go to the forum view.
    This is a cache issue we are working through with the vB support team - when it happens, you'll also notice the nab bar is blank, and authors' names don't show up. A simple refresh fixes it, but so far neither we nor vBulletin have figured out what causes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanks12 View Post
    Has anyone using Chrome experienced the same problems I was?

Sometimes is SO terrible slow to type and others its fine.

But everything does freeze basically when I am trying to load pages. Even after it finishes loading it like freezes my browser. Doesn't do this on any other site.

And.. I'm not sure why, but it only seems to do this the first time the page loads. If I refresh, it works fine.

But if I open a new page or go back to MMi News for first time.. it basically freezes when loading. Almost like I have dial up in 1990's or something
    Haven't seen this yet, no.

Error 1
    b3e0d.jpg at Free Image Hosting

Error 2
    49bd8.jpg at Free Image Hosting

Error 3 (Attachments)
    Appears to be working now so no issue with attachments

Error 4 (Not really an error)
    When posting it goes back to page 1 instead of leaving off at the latest reply

Error 5 (Not really an error)
    Posts are not numbered anymore, not a huge deal but it was nice to have

Error 6
    When clicking on a news article and if it has more than 1 reply I click on that link it just sits there instead of taking me to the forum

FYI, as mentioned before I'm using the latest version of firefox and no proxies either
    Those screenshots are crazy! I have definitely not seen that yet. Are any ads on the page when you see those errors?

Thanks

The one where the main page doesn't load I don't see any adds.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm new here but so far I love it

12. The Following User Says Thank You to derwin252 For This Useful Post:

Kyle Matthews (09-15-2011)

Thanks

I have two suggestions.

Google Custom Search for the forum search function for returning better & more precise search results.

Have the forum search function button displayed also when the search results are displayed.
    So you don't have to go to the forum index to use the forum search function again or click the back button in your web browser.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas! View Post
    I have two suggestions.

Google Custom Search for the forum search function for returning better & more precise search results.

Have the forum search function button displayed also when the search results are displayed.
    So you don't have to go to the forum index to use the forum search function again or click the back button in your web browser.
    We actually just last night completely upgraded our search implementation. You should see much faster, more relevant results now. We also added search of many areas which weren't searchable before.

Thanks

This is a cache issue we are working through with the vB support team - when it happens, you'll also notice the nab bar is blank, and authors' names don't show up. A simple refresh fixes it, but so far neither we nor vBulletin have figured out what causes it.
    nab bar? Not sure what that is or if it was a typo, but I can see the name of the article author and who made the first comment. Just can't see other comments after that.

Apple, iPhone and iPad Forums at ModMyi - Is This a Leaked iPhone 5 Screen Protector?

That one there shows the article author name at the top, and says 13 comments towards the right. Clicking the 13 Comments takes me to the bottom where only 1 comment is showing. Refreshing doesn't do anything for me.

Apple, iPhone and iPad Forums at ModMyi - Valeo’s Park4U Demo Uses iPhone to Remotely Park a Car

Same thing with that one. 15 comments but only 1 showing.

All other articles from today display correctly with all comments. I don't understand what makes those 2 particular articles different from others posted today.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94 View Post
    nab bar? Not sure what that is or if it was a typo, but I can see the name of the article author and who made the first comment. Just can't see other comments after that.

Apple, iPhone and iPad Forums at ModMyi - Is This a Leaked iPhone 5 Screen Protector?

That one there shows the article author name at the top, and says 13 comments towards the right. Clicking the 13 Comments takes me to the bottom where only 1 comment is showing. Refreshing doesn't do anything for me.

Apple, iPhone and iPad Forums at ModMyi - Valeo’s Park4U Demo Uses iPhone to Remotely Park a Car

Same thing with that one. 15 comments but only 1 showing.

All other articles from today display correctly with all comments. I don't understand what makes those 2 particular articles different from others posted today.
    Meant nav bar, editor auto-corrected me.

Yes, this is a vB bug and not a skin bug, which we have a ticket in for right now.

Thanks

Can we please get the main homepage fixed? I'm missing some news because only the top 3 or so articles show

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Can we please get the main homepage fixed? I'm missing some news because only the top 3 or so articles show
    You are the only person I have seen with this issue - I can't reproduce it anywhere, on any machine, Mac or Windows. I have no idea what is causing it...

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,064 Times in 4,206 Posts

Loving the new look wish I was on my pc more then mobile thou

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i like the look of the forums but the default news page when going to modmyi.com is a little confusing to navigate around

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Yes much neater than before. Although it took me some time to find the forums page. I was expecting it to be at the top not at the bottom.

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Could you add a "show thanked posts" option to user profiles? thanks!