+ Reply
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7891011 19 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ModMyi.com is All New . . . take 3ish

is a discussion within the

MMi Site News

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
Just wondering, is it possible to change the theme back to the old modmyi?
    The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Just wondering, is it possible to change the theme back to the old modmyi?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CabooseLoL View Post
    Holy balls. Its way different now lol.. Gonna take some getting used to.
    Uhm, ya.

Thanks

Can we get an ETA on the MMi app update? I hardly ever look at this site on my laptop.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,386 Times in 2,992 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy View Post
    I understand things are a work in progress and appreciate the effort. You guys here are awesome. That being said you should take note that not a single creator or modder has chimed in with any positive input. I'm not insinuating that they are the only ones with credible input, as every member here is as important as the next. BUT- these are the guys that have a sense of cosmetic sensibility. The ones that create the themes that bless these threads. This place for me was a outlet that promoted creativity and artistry. This new color scheme does just the opposite. In fact to be honest my eyes hurt after looking at threads for an hr. Ive said this before today but this should be viewed just like a theme wallpaper. Ive yet to see a plain white canvas on a successful theme and the simple reason is it is not visually appealing!!!! Maybe a couple, but in contrast to the thousands of other themes my point should be obvious. The thanks stats need to be implemented again. that's just the bottom line. That alone will make you loose a good portion of your followers that have worked hard to achieve a status in this community. Again I understand things can easily be changed and it is still a work in progress. That being said I really hope the input is being absorbed.
    I totally agree!!

But first: thanky to all involved for the update and the time and effort they put into it
    It surely was a massive amount on work and it still will be ...
    And hopefully we all will get a great final at least ...

Now: This white isn't the best choice imao
    Maybe it's just because I'm more in dark ...

But exactly that's the point: there are different tastes and there is no possibility to please all of them, except there would be a chance to alter the colours ourselves as we like it or to give at least the possibility to choose between a light and a dark theme ...

If this can't be done, colour is definitely needed! At least in pastell, if it has to be as light as possible ...
    Or what about an inverted version ... ?

All the other points had been mentioned several times, so I don't want to repeat them
    Imao the layout should be altered soon to provide the forums from loosing members ...
    Last edited by It's Mi; 05-23-2011 at 04:09 PM.

Have a nice day and lots of fun with your iPhone !!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to It's Mi For This Useful Post:

lao3hero (05-23-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The new Cydia app is not as good IMHO. It's really just like using Safari. A step backwards. I'd like to see presentation like the original app.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    What the ****. The theme threads.... No previews ? Can we please have that back...?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

For some reason my modmyi iPhone app won't let me log on. Asks me to retry or logoff everytime. Does this have to do with the new site and if so when will the app be compatible to work?

Thanks
    Thanked 15,269 Times in 7,004 Posts

Previews will be fixed as well as the MMi app. Just have to give them some time.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Petrit H's Avatar
    Thanks

and please give us the ability to use the old theme.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Just to show people that don't want to look at the pages of comments. Like an update for people just getting here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Overcash View Post
    ......... I literally am on a plane in 6 hrs and decided to put things live now . . . otherwise the site would be down until thursday
    All bugs could not be found by the few that had been testing on the test site. We did however find many; but as with many tests few people can find several bugs but when a member base of 700k gets a hold of it when it is live they are sure to find a ton more that were missed. We tested it on many different browsers also, IE v6-9, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera, etc.

The owners also mentioned in this thread that they will be working out some of the minor bugs while out of town. Owners and staff are making lists for the todo list for the owners; majority coming from this thread.

So keep the list coming but be aware it will take some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrit H View Post
    and please give us the ability to use the old theme.
    Here you go for that answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Matthews View Post
    The old design will not be available or coming back - vBulletin destroyed the ability to use any previous version themes with the new system they moved to. This new system will be better in the long run though.

We may make a style similar to this one when we've ironed out all the bugs, but with a darker bg (not much, but a little more contrast for people who hate white space). I doubt it though - the answer if there's an overwhelming majority who hate the white space is simply to better differentiate the relevant bits WITHIN the white space. We've tested this style for literally months, but it will alter over the next couple months as we get user feedback and see what works best.

Either way, thanks for the feedback.
    Last edited by Cer0; 05-23-2011 at 05:03 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Site looks like a big white turd. Also, it doesn't seem to display right in Chrome. Guess you decided to take on the Apple way of designing things eh.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GmAz View Post
    Site looks like a big white turd. Also, it doesn't seem to display right in Chrome. Guess you decided to take on the Apple way of designing things eh.
    We have staff members that use Chrome and alignment seems ok. Can you please post image?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Pronup's Avatar
    Thanks

I would have to agree with some of the other members. The white is just too much! I think the new layout will work well once all the bugs are worked out, but the original color was so perfect. It was easy on the eyes, easy to read, and the colors were kind of a part of modmyi. I mean just look at the logo, the blue and black was perfect!!

I know it's probably impossible to let us use the old design, but maybe the ability to use the old colors would be possible.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,869 Times in 6,032 Posts

I feel certain that we will see more colors, borders etc. Just give us some time.
    I find that site is much smoother and faster then before.

Bare with us during the "construction phase" as it were.

Thanks
    I don't like it. Everything is all jumbled. Where am I supposed to look? Too much going on yet too simple.

Thanks

Default new design
    agree - white is terrible -- plus what happened to the dates on comments ??? A lot if the time someone says a theme is 2-3 days away but now there is no date to see when the comment was posted ???

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    The white is too much, it faster but looks bad

My iPhone is a Part of Me nexus76's Avatar
    Thanks

hideous!!!looks unfinished at moment,does it come with free sunglasses or is this just virgin white month??,serious though its terrible,i had no probs with the old look or speeds.whats that saying?" if its not broken dont fix it!!"
    Last edited by nexus76; 05-23-2011 at 07:22 PM.

Thanks

sorry for being picky but on the homescreen the modmyi banner is overlapping some text. it drives me crazy haha

Thanks
    Thanked 10,505 Times in 3,754 Posts

While we wait for the site to be finished....

22. The Following User Says Thank You to lao3hero For This Useful Post:

nexus76 (05-24-2011)