+ Reply
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ModMyi.com is All New . . . take 3ish

is a discussion within the

MMi Site News

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
Please read the whole thread to see the issues already mentioned and answers that were given. App problem has been partially answered. The stats for the posts has been answered
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Please read the whole thread to see the issues already mentioned and answers that were given.

App problem has been partially answered. The stats for the posts has been answered by Cody.

Thanks

Ooooooooooooooooooooo, nice

iPhone? More like MyPhone General Klinger's Avatar
    Thanks

Someone likes the "white" theme a little too much LOL The ability to switch themes would be outstanding.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Xenthis's Avatar
    Thanks

the bar with the search thing is half stuck in the modmyi main bar- also- a background would be nice- too plain for me

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

No mobile version an ymore? Difficult on the device :-(

Thanks

Thanks for all the hard work to update the forum. But i agree with a lot of peeps on here. my eyes are about to fall out from all this white. Actually hurts your eyes after a few

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I like the new design, going to take some getting used to though. However I have had a couple of problems with logging in...

Thanks

I really like the new website.

iPhone? More like MyPhone broncosi's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xenthis View Post
    the bar with the search thing is half stuck in the modmyi main bar
    same for me, like the html is messed up. Also i cant get to the next page of news on the home page.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

It's so bright! I kind of wish it was easier to distinguish posts from each other, the white just seems to blend everything in. But I like the color change

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

wow, really light....... still deciding if i like it a lot or a little. It looks good to me so far.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Is there no mobile version anymore? Or a
    I missing something in settings? Having made a sticky and other threads sime answers would be appreciated.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm not really feelin' all this whitespace. I hope this is still a work in progress.

!zy
    Thanks

hey kyle, yes am enjoying the forum a lot better than before solely because i am able to surf alot quicker than before but i am finding a lot harder to find post that am looking for.

you should have left the small icons besides the post or made the titles standout some oher way, but right now in my opinion its just like like mactheme

iPhone? More like MyPhone Eagleye's Avatar
    Thanks

Everything looks pretty clean, I like it! Think im gonna miss the blue tho.. One thing I hope can happen is to have every other comment in the forum slightly greyed or something to better help distinguish between user's posts. I do really like the "featured" bar at the top... that will be cool to keep track of the top news stories.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,223 Posts

We've got a list about 50 items long of bugs, features, and tweaks needed still. Apologies for the mess folks.

We're taking all the feedback into account. We should be able to address all the bugs within a week, maybe 2 for some of the larger issue fixes (stuff that's not just cosmetic).

The old design will not be available or coming back - vBulletin destroyed the ability to use any previous version themes with the new system they moved to. This new system will be better in the long run though.

We may make a style similar to this one when we've ironed out all the bugs, but with a darker bg (not much, but a little more contrast for people who hate white space). I doubt it though - the answer if there's an overwhelming majority who hate the white space is simply to better differentiate the relevant bits WITHIN the white space. We've tested this style for literally months, but it will alter over the next couple months as we get user feedback and see what works best.

Either way, thanks for the feedback.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

Darkness777 (05-23-2011), jepp376 (05-23-2011), lao3hero (05-23-2011)

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,000 Times in 564 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Matthews View Post
    We've got a list about 50 items long of bugs, features, and tweaks needed still. Apologies for the mess folks.

We're taking all the feedback into account. We should be able to address all the bugs within a week, maybe 2 for some of the larger issue fixes (stuff that's not just cosmetic).

The old design will not be available or coming back - vBulletin destroyed the ability to use any previous version themes with the new system they moved to. This new system will be better in the long run though.

We may make a style similar to this one when we've ironed out all the bugs, but with a darker bg (not much, but a little more contrast for people who hate white space). I doubt it though - the answer if there's an overwhelming majority who hate the white space is simply to better differentiate the relevant bits WITHIN the white space. We've tested this style for literally months, but it will alter over the next couple months as we get user feedback and see what works best.

Looks great Cody and Kyle! You did a great job! Also no post icons available at this time....

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Thanks

The new site is great, but I have two questions. Will the mobile site be updated to work with this? And, How long til the app works again? Keep up the great work guys

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Matthews View Post

Nice job, keep up the good work. I guess it'd be cool to have a slightly darker background, but I think you should focus on the bugs before the aesthetics.

Wow, just realized that because of the update we broke the record for most users online at once, the old one had been set when the 3GS came out, almost 2 years ago!
    Last edited by whereswaldo; 05-23-2011 at 08:18 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 47,011 Times in 9,819 Posts

Hi Kyle, I see that the version of vBulletin is 4.1.3. I came across a skin which I think will look good on the forum or if you could somehow design forum to be undercut because the moment somehow not many things seem sorted

CompletevB Demo vB4

respectfully: Darkness

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Ewww, there's too much white, everything's weird, get rid of the white, I can't stand it, it's as though you guys didn't do anything to make the site better.

Well of course, it's going to be Thinner, Lighter and Faster if the sites just as simple as it can be.