+ Reply
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ModMyi.com is All New . . . take 3ish

is a discussion within the

MMi Site News

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
Originally Posted by blkcadi Give us time guys, I think you will love the end result. eagerly awaiting
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,505 Times in 3,754 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Give us time guys, I think you will love the end result.
    eagerly awaiting

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Not feeling it at all.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Wow, I so hate this new layout.

A) on a widescreen, it occupies 40% of the available space.
    B) the word wraping around the images in the news section leaves a very narrow portion for the words to the right, making it awkward to read.
    C) the heck is with all these "cleaner" interfaces? I know I know, you want it to be easier to read on a iOS device. Ok fine, detect the browser and redirect to a "cleaner" mobile site, but please for the love of all that is holy, some of us still use *gasp* laptops and or desktops too!

szr
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Waverley73 View Post
    Yep, after a full day on this new layout I am totally over it. Nothing flows, posts all run into each other, info is missing, it feels all sterile and lifeless and it seems the people who can change it are busy doing something else, despite the number of people who are giving similar sorts of feedback.

I cannot for the life of me understand how a site that has this many users can have an 'update' rolled out that looks like this.
    I have to sort of agree. In my experience doing these sort of updates, it has always been test run a new design as a secondary selectable forum/site theme, which allows it to be beta-tested/previewed first by the masses. In my experience, it's just never a good idea to just thrust out an entirely new design as the primary theme. I realize this new design is not finished, but currently it has the appearance of a site with missing background images that haven't loaded, which is what I thought the very first time. I know the people working on it have a lot on their hands right now and I do feel confident that all this feedback is being taken into consideration and that the end result will look great. I just think it would have been a good idea to at least make the classic theme selectable (as VB allows for this), assuming it still exists and even works with VB 4.
    Last edited by szr; 05-24-2011 at 11:41 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,101 Times in 6,940 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by szr View Post
    I have to sort of agree. In my experience doing these sort of updates, it has always been test run a new design as a secondary selectable forum/site theme, which allows it to be beta-tested/previewed first by the masses. In my experience, it's just never a good idea to just thrust out an entirely new design as the primary theme. I realize this new design is not finished, but currently it has the appearance of a site with missing background images that haven't loaded, which is what I thought the very first time. I know the people working on it have a lot on their hands right now and I do feel confident that all this feedback is being taken into consideration and that the end result will look great. I just think it would have been a good idea to at least make the classic theme selectable (as VB allows for this), assuming it still exists and even works with VB 4.

Kyle answered the question about going back to the old theme already earlier in the thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Matthews View Post
    We've got a list about 50 items long of bugs, features, and tweaks needed still. Apologies for the mess folks.

We're taking all the feedback into account. We should be able to address all the bugs within a week, maybe 2 for some of the larger issue fixes (stuff that's not just cosmetic).

The old design will not be available or coming back - vBulletin destroyed the ability to use any previous version themes with the new system they moved to. This new system will be better in the long run though.

We may make a style similar to this one when we've ironed out all the bugs, but with a darker bg (not much, but a little more contrast for people who hate white space). I doubt it though - the answer if there's an overwhelming majority who hate the white space is simply to better differentiate the relevant bits WITHIN the white space. We've tested this style for literally months, but it will alter over the next couple months as we get user feedback and see what works best.

Either way, thanks for the feedback.

Thanks

The theme could be made cleaner still if you made the text white as well
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

szr
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Kyle answered the question about going back to the old theme already earlier in the thread:
    Thanks, seems I missed that post previously. I feared as much with themes between 3.x and 4.x, seems to happen when ever there are major changes to the underlying page structures (html, css, etc) and thus the theme templates no longer match and are thus invalidated. I can still recall similar headaches going from VB 2.x to 3.x way back, as well with IPB 1x -> 2x and especially with PHPBB 2.x -> 3.x, so it is understandable. Though, even if a theme can't be used outright, elements of it, like art and styles, can be woven in. I just hope that the end result is not too much of a deviation from what helped visual establish this site's identity and separate it from all the others.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by szr View Post
    Thanks, seems I missed that post previously. I feared as much with themes between 3.x and 4.x, seems to happen when ever there are major changes to the underlying page structures (html, css, etc) and thus the theme templates no longer match and are thus invalidated. I can still recall similar headaches going from VB 2.x to 3.x way back, as well with IPB 1x -> 2x and especially with PHPBB 2.x -> 3.x, so it is understandable. Though, even if a theme can't be used outright, elements of it, like art and styles, can be woven in. I just hope that the end result is not too much of a deviation from what helped visual establish this site's identity and separate it from all the others.
    I am sure the final product will be appealing to most. I am actually a fan of the white, I find it very "sexy" looking

I wouldnt mind a bit of color being splashed here and there though. Let's let the owners get all the bugs taken care of first as well as the mobile site and iPhone app working again then I am sure they will take people's opinions about the theme into consideration. Unfortunately there is no way to please everyone though.

Thanks

woohoo we can get to older news posts now!

Still not liking the user/post stats hidden in drop-down link. At least make the posting date and time both visible on every post. Having the stats underneath the avatar usually works well for most forums and is kinda where most people are probably used to looking for that information.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94 View Post
    woohoo we can get to older news posts now!

Still not liking the user/post stats hidden in drop-down link. At least make the posting date and time both visible on every post. Having the stats underneath the avatar usually works well for most forums and is kinda where most people are probably used to looking for that information.
    That is on the to-do list

Thanks

Please put the mobile version of the site up
    It loads less and it's alot easier to navigate

iPhone? More like MyPhone phoenix81's Avatar
    Thanks

Why doesnt my app work, I need my Modmyi

Thanks
    Thanked 9,626 Times in 5,901 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DinoDrew View Post
    Please put the mobile version of the site up
    It loads less and it's alot easier to navigate
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix81 View Post
    Why doesnt my app work, I need my Modmyi
    Will be taken care of soon we hope, please bare with us during the switch over.

Thanks

The update broke the app. The owners of MMi are working on a update to submit to Apple to fix it.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

+1
    It is taking a bit longer then what was expected bumps in the road
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks

Wow, talk about over kill........................lolz

Thanks
    Thanked 10,505 Times in 3,754 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Will be taken care of soon we hope, please bare with us during the switch over.
    Bear with us or bare with us? I dun mind the latter

or

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

Your just to quick tonight
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lao3hero View Post
    Bear with us or bare with us? I dun mind the latter
    bare

• verb uncover and reveal.
    bear1
    Still not sure which is correct.

• verb (past bore; past part. borne) 5 manage to tolerate; endure: I can’t bear it. 6 (cannot bear) strongly dislike. 7 give birth to (a child). 8 (of a tree or plant) produce (fruit or flowers). 9 turn and proceed in a specified direction: bear left.

— PHRASE bear with be patient or tolerant with.

Bear with me a moment while I explain. It's good that you ask this as I sometimes have to think about it myself. The verb "to bear" has many meanings: 1. To carry, bring or take; 2. To show eg to bear the marks of suffering/success etc; 3. To produce (fruit or offspring) 4. To sustain, eg to bear the cost or weight of something, or to put up with it; 5a. To carry in thought eg "I'll bear that in mind"; 5b To carry arms ie weapons.
    The noun bear is of course the animal
    The verb "To bare" means to reveal eg "he bared his soul/ body" etc
    The adjective "bare" means uncovered or plain: "these are the bare facts"

"I bear here in my hands that which I made with my bare hands"

However the sentence "I cannot bare this any longer and must now put on my clothes" would be correctly spelt either way.
    Last edited by blkcadi; 05-25-2011 at 09:00 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

lao3hero (05-25-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks

This site has too many ads and now is too convoluted and looks like buttttts

bash me all you want i wont ever visit this garbage again...

All the **** u guys talked about the scene, it is clear that this site is just a money maker and no longer a place to share info.. Total buttts

mod edit