Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The New ModMyi.com Cydia Dev Portal

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,807 Times in 1,227 Posts

Default The New ModMyi.com Cydia Dev Portal
    We've been testing our new Dev Portal for submitting Cydia packages over the last few months, and are now officially launching it as a 1.0.

As one of the largest default Cydia repositories, and in fact the first Cydia repo to exist other than saurik's himself, we have thousands of packages we host in Cydia for you all. Many of the artists and developers who host with ModMyi.com have quite a few packages hosted with us. Updating these or adding new ones used to mean an email to me personally, and as the repo got larger and larger our response time was slower and slower trying to keep up. It was also hard to keep track of which of your packages were hosted with us, what version was live, and what the descriptions, stats, and screenshots were for each, etc.

That's changed now.

When you log in to the Dev Portal (just use your normal ModMyi.com forum info - if you're already logged in here, you're logged in there, too), you are shown a list of all your packages we host. If it's your first time, and you already have packages with us which aren't in there (they already will be if your forum username is tied to the same email you use as your Cydia contact), there's a link to claim your packages, where you can automatically have them added to your Dev Portal.

At a glance you can quickly see which packages we are hosting, what versions are live, what screenshots are being shown for those packages, and have a link to check stats or update the package. You can easily add or edit any of those packages by simply clicking Update next to it.

Once you're editing a package, you can add an actual new version of the package, along with the changelog and any additional screenshots you'd like, or fresh screenshots. You can also choose not to put a new version number, and update metadata only (description, screenshots, or depiction links).

One cool feature we've added in today's 1.0 update to the Dev Portal is the ability to add/edit depiction links. The depiction is the page you see when you pull up a package in Cydia. By default, our depiction pages contain a description of your package, and 3 links - Screenshots, Recent Changes, and Live Download Stats. In the Dev Portal, you can add depiction items at any time. Some of the common uses for this are linking to a PayPal donate button, your Twitter page, or your home site. Here's an example of what the depiction item addition looks like:

and what that would add to a normal depiction:

You add your own icon for what you'd like to show up, and we include links for a PayPal or Twitter icon, as those are popular ones.

The past few months we've already had this system in place, and have been ironing out bugs and adding features based on user feedback. As of today's 1.0 update, it's really become a thing of beauty - I'd say we've got the most advanced Cydia repo out there.

Feel free to give it a try, post your thoughts here if you're already using it, and please let us know how we can make it better, or what you love about it - it's all about making submitting Cydia packages easier on you guys!

Submit a Package to Cydia!

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

Australia730 (02-07-2012), barsoverbeats (05-21-2010), Entombed Sh4dw (06-18-2010), HeavyD4 (08-21-2010), henftling (09-17-2011), Jahooba (09-11-2010), Late_Nights (05-21-2010), mooritexxx (05-22-2010), mrmyco (05-10-2011), nassermoli (12-22-2010), reaves205 (05-21-2010), Sellbars (01-07-2011), Simon (06-26-2013), Sk37cH (08-30-2012), toyvan (05-21-2010), zausser (05-21-2010)

very nice job thank you

good job. (me patting u on the back). I've always had confidence in you!

Thanks

Very Nice addition well done..

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

Awesome.

Nice! Finally an easy way to upload commercial/paid themes to Cydia! is there a commission split between the devs with Saurik or you? I'd rather give my $$$ to u..

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Nope, we take no money for the service - we just put an ad on the depiction page for the time and bandwidth.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Matthews View Post
    Nope, we take no money for the service - we just put an ad on the depiction page for the time and bandwidth.
    how does this work if my themes were previously being purchased via appsidy and still show up in Cydia as an appsidy purchase? do I just reupload a new package? I don't see and option to remove/delete all together...
    Last edited by toyvan; 05-21-2010 at 02:59 PM.

am i an idiot or did i just miss how to access said portal?

edit:

its because im not in your repo, big boss

Fatal error: Call to undefined method ModMyX::query() in /home/mmi/public_html/mmi/module/devportal.php on line 298
    Last edited by ryanstylee; 05-21-2010 at 02:56 PM.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by toyvan View Post
    how does this work if my themes were currently being purchased via appsidy and still show up in Cydia as an appsidy purchase? do I just reupload a new package? I don't see and option to remove/delete all together...
    You should have received an email from Appsidy when they shut down asking you to contact your repo maintainer (me, in your case) to get all the info to move over.

Shoot me an email and I'll let you know what I need from you - all we do once it's added to the Cydia Store is move the current package from authorizing through Appsidy to doing so through the Cydia Store.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanstylee View Post
    am i an idiot or did i just miss how to access said portal?

edit:

its because im not in your repo, big boss

Fatal error: Call to undefined method ModMyX::query() in /home/mmi/public_html/mmi/module/devportal.php on line 298
    What were you doing when you got this error?

First sentence has a link to the Dev Portal, or you can click "host your app/theme on Cydia" in the right bar of the site, or Submit a Package to Cydia from the Cydia drop-down menu in our site navigation.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanstylee View Post
    thanks, this is fixed now!
    Last edited by Kyle Matthews; 05-21-2010 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

ryanstylee (05-21-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Matthews View Post

What were you doing when you got this error?

First sentence has a link to the Dev Portal, or you can click "host your app/theme on Cydia" in the right bar of the site, or Submit a Package to Cydia from the Cydia drop-down menu in our site navigation.

thanks, this is fixed now!

thanks alot, my next update will be submitted here!

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

I love ModMyi!! Only place I go for iPhone news/help, and it's so exciting checking ur page throughout the day to see if there's any big news! One question: will this add a "recent changes" button to all ur hosted apps, or is that the choice of the developer? It's always frustrating updating a app but having no idea what that update entails. Anyways, thank u for ur work

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

We have Recent Changes for all our packages, and require a changelog for all updates.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Sweet, if only all repo's were on your level!

this is good for all theme creators. nice addition.

yay, for all those who are wondering my theme should be up by next week, great timimg for the release
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Default Donations
    MMI should really include a Donate Paypal button, for free themes/apps

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bryman21 View Post
    MMI should really include a Donate Paypal button, for free themes/apps
    heh... did you read the story? The DevPortal allows you to do this...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

awesome this will mean easier update for devs and quicker updates for users. Nice work

23. The Following User Says Thank You to v1shal For This Useful Post:

vikash94 (05-21-2010)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast