Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New iPad Section Here @ MMi

We have to see what Steve was trying to accomplish here. The iPad wasn't supposed to be a tablet PC to end all tablet PCs. It was supposed to combine the portability of an iphone with the accessibility of a laptop, which is basically what apple has presented.

Am I disappointed, somewhat. Will I get one, maybe. Will I complain enough so that in 8-12 months they will come out with a new and improved iPad with a camera, flash, OSX, etc., HELLZ YEAH.

Oh and since when has apple EVER been concerned with their pricing?

Thanks

not sure if ill get one..but will see what jailbreaking can make it really do then ill get one..=) yeah bit bum no cam for ichat..apple needs to put it on 4G iphone to keep up and ahead..in japan most cell can video chat at least give it and have use use it over wifi...i want one but not really..ill wait for iphone 4G..
    THANK ME THANK THANK AGAIN..

Green Apple
    Thanks

When it is released, it will be jailbroken almost immediately. 7*7 icons on main screen with 7 more in the dock sounds good. And the camera adapter with a USB input will(hopefully) be hacked so we can use flash drives and other USB devices. Wait until midway through this summer, once hackers have had the iPad in their hands for a while, and we will see the true power of this machine. 1 GHz proc. and a rumored 1 GB RAM, this has far more capabilities than the iPhone or iPod Touch. Now to raise the cash... Anybody wanna buy an old VAIO?...jk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Drew0420 View Post
    I am not excited about the i tablet at all, it seems to be a macbook with no top...i think its gonna end up being a waste...
    Thats what Windows PC people said about the iPhone. We see how wrong they were. As always.

Quote Originally Posted by lolcats1 View Post
    no one cares. it's junk. i'm PISSED that there is no: 4.0 os, new iphone/ipod, multitasking,widgets, etc. ipad is junk. it's using last years OS. and why carry around a 10 in tablet, when you can carry around a 14 inch macbook that can do 100X what the tablet can? you wouldn't.
    Two years from now, this thing will out number in sales all of the net book companies.....COMBINED!!!
    Last edited by VBLUE42; 01-27-2010 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

question: is this being released in canada i noticed that the canadian apple website isn't showing the ipad? odd.

has anyone thought about the IMPORTANT fact that u cannot load programs to this device???!?!?! SMH at apple for another pointless keynote.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by londinoson View Post
    has anyone thought about the IMPORTANT fact that u cannot load programs to this device???!?!?! SMH at apple for another pointless keynote.
    what?

iPad can run all iPhone apps unmodified, new iPhone SDK out today lets developers tweak apps for iPad use -- Engadget

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

I will buy one only if can be both jailbroken and tethered to my iPhone. It just isn't worth $130 for the ability to pay $360 a year on top of what I already pay with my iPhone.

Thanks

i think this will grow on people just like the iphone...

iPhone? More like MyPhone iMack007's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple, IMHO, have outdone themselves again!! Why do I think this?

They have done what they always do....incremental improvements on top of an already established and hugely successful platform...the iPhone.

The improvements simply address some of the major issues of complaint 'us' users have made and had stopped potential millions of new customers who like the multi-touch and intuitive GUI approach of the iPhone/Pod Touch family devices, from jumping aboard anything 'i'.

I hate how Apple do business....but they are damn good at it. I just love their implementation & application of new & existing technologies.

This iPad will be hugely successful even if some of us here refuse to acknowledge it's potential, because we have already been spoiled with this exact same technology in our iDevices.

Laptops are mobile desktop alternatives & replacements. This iTablet or iPad is not in the same category. It has, through the recorded success of the iPhone/Pod Touch & the shortfall of the 'too small a screen' syndrome, created a niche market of providing a portable bit of tech that addresses accessibility to high quality entertainment of varying types whilst allowing end users to simultaneously combine enjoyable digital social interaction (large display Facebook, Twitter etc) whilst providing an easy to use email app for social & business use alike. Add to that over 140k apps of varying kinds, from the get go! ...on a near 10" display!

Of course they could have made it Adobe Flash compatible with a front facing camera etc etc, but that wouldn't be good business now, would it?

But at least us Geek-heads would be happier, right?

I say, more power to them, because what are the other tech manufacturers doing to give us what we really want? Not a lot. They sit on the newer technologies too, constantly withholding from us what we know they can sell us today.

Take Windows Mobile for example. That's why I left that scene over 2 years ago.

The sheer size of Apple's user base community, let alone the innovative hacking communities and Apples approach to design with the tech, will ultimately, IMHO, keep them in front of the competition, until the other big players combine their technologies to create something that even Apple cannot compete against.

i.e. Android O/S, NVidia latest Graphics chip, 1GHz CPU, 12 Megapixel Cam plus front facing cam, 2 GB RAM, GPS chip, 4G Connectivity with backwards HSDPA compatibility etc etc.....all this has already been available for some time (save the 4G tech), but from different companies who don't play together very well. They are all simply too greedy and thus leave the Market wide open to the likes of Apple, who are now reaping the rewards, not for giving us what we want, but for giving us something very different and better than the rest.
    Last edited by iMack007; 01-28-2010 at 03:23 AM.

Jeez, there are some apple fan boys on here!! This thing is garbage, its an over sized iPhone, that cant make calls! No flash, no camera, I predict this to be a huge fail for apple, and so far they don't know what that is like (to fail) don't get me wrong, i love my iPhone, but wouldn't want to carry a 10' around with me......

3/10 Apple

iPhone? More like MyPhone iMack007's Avatar
    Thanks

@ iMister
    Fanboy? Indeed....if technology, not Apple. I just go with those who are innovating.

Ipad runs windows every 28 days.

I am still waiting for Steve Jobs to come on screen with Ashton Kutcher and tell us we all got Punked and show us the actual device that.....err, doesn't suck so poorly.
    IPSW?

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

@ raseri

Lol. man thats jokess!

Default Packaging
    Check out the new packaging for the iPad!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -ipad.jpg  

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by raseri View Post
    I am still waiting for Steve Jobs to come on screen with Ashton Kutcher and tell us we all got Punked and show us the actual device that.....err, doesn't suck so poorly.
    lol

My iPhone is a Part of Me JAG2621's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by londinoson View Post
    And where did you get that info? Must have been from microsoft. LOL
    If anything was usefull a thanks would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by VBLUE42 View Post
    Thats what Windows PC people said about the iPhone. We see how wrong they were. As always.

Two years from now, this thing will out number in sales all of the net book companies.....COMBINED!!!
    I give it a year to outnumber netbook sales.

Quote Originally Posted by iMister View Post
    Jeez, there are some apple fan boys on here!! This thing is garbage, its an over sized iPhone, that cant make calls! No flash, no camera, I predict this to be a huge fail for apple, and so far they don't know what that is like (to fail) don't get me wrong, i love my iPhone, but wouldn't want to carry a 10' around with me......

3/10 Apple
    Apple does know what it's like to fail. You must be a young kid that doesn't remember the 80's and 90's. My guess, you were born in the mid/late 90's.

All these naysayers, where is Steve Ballmer??? I wonder what he has to say about the iPad. Plenty of people in the industry talked **** about the iPhone when it was announced,they all said that they would have an iPhone killer within months. It took Google almost 3 yrs to introduce the Nexus One, which is the closest competition to the iPhone from what I have seen/read. The Palm Pre didn't do anything to get close to the iPhone, yet it was touted as being better. Plenty of other phones were introduced, nothing came close to the iPhone.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast