Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Goodbye ModMyiF0ne. Hello ModMyi.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I think the new name suits the site better anyways. This isn't just about iPhones so I like it. Without this site I would have a plain jane phone that looked and acted like everyone elses that I know.

So when they ask me how I figured out how to Pwn my phone...I send them here

I think modmyipwn would have be a good kick in the nuts for apple.
    Maybe next time.
    Mobi

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Love this place ... not surprised the 'big bull' was prancing around - and with all their $$$, they would legalize anybody to death. God forbid those who have a name similar to Apple, McDonalds, or the rest of the bullies.

Regardless of the name, the enjoyment continues.

Thought my DNS server was going wackey this morning .. with the redirect to modmyi -- then a time-out. I kept re-typing in the correct (oops ... old) name and it would change it back. Then I got in and didn't even bother to notice the change (viewing from an iPhone).

Good luck all MMI ... and thanks for ...

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

Tear atleast you guys are not going away anytime soon
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    If it wasn't for sites like these the iphone (ups, can I still say that here??) wasn't half as "big" as it is. Also things at that company will not change thus it's not even worth talking about it.

thanks to the MMi crew for a great year and keep it up

How about ModMyiFunnest.com? This site is about fun; it's not about iPhones! Or ModMyiBone.com (and you can sell apple-shaped dog biscuits)! And didn't Cisco have a trademark on the word "iPhone" before Apple? Apple is not so innovative, is it? Maybe the iPhone 3G should be called the iPhail?

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

what if all I care about is the iPhone and I don't want to see mac news on the front page? I suggest you have an option to opt out of all non iPhone news.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JazJon View Post
    what if all I care about is the iPhone and I don't want to see mac news on the front page? I suggest you have an option to opt out of all non iPhone news.
    Uh, yah, that's been there since we went live on new domain this morning. Its the tab that says "iPhone" on front page.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

CaptainChaos (09-15-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone chbearsrock's Avatar
    Thanks

Got home late last night and didn't know what was going on..Glad to see the site is back up and better than ever .

Phuck the legal way.....someone would gladly of paid them and steve jobs a personal visit and its funny how causing pain can change their playin hardball tactics, they are not safe 24/7 ...muahahahaa.

Look at apple this way, if they want to threaten, and pick their style of war, there's never rules on how you return the fire
    Last edited by H0CKEY; 09-14-2008 at 10:41 PM.

Thanks for your great site.
    As others already said, the contents is what counts, not the name.

Companies are so sick when it comes to naming and branding.
    And laws support them which kinda makes me sick

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Phone isn't even spelt Fone. Maybe Apple needs to go ahead and get to work on making the iPhone run better with less bugs and have features that a phone should have instead of going after tiny *** companies that have the word "fone" in it. Why in the hell does my contact list still load slow and sometimes the phone locks itself and won't get off the black locked screen unless I force it to restart? That's poor quality. And why is it that the first Macbook Pro that I bought didn't work when I took it out of the box and they had to send me a new one? Poor quality. Why is it that the second Macbook Pro I bought had a failing motherboard on it and they had to replace it? Poor quality. And just an FYI, that isn't user abuse, I leave my Macbook Pro's on a desk and it never gets taken off of the desk unless it's being cleaned.

I think it was a Shakespearean term where he wrote: "1st thing we do is kill all of the lawyers!" I present NO avocation of such a thing, but this is just an example of our totally busted AND broken legal system and the judges that choose to try cases with NO merit. Money talks from the Big Boys and sucks it away from the Little guy. I admire you for hanging in there, and I like the ModMyi nomenclature!

Quote Originally Posted by w0by View Post
    Phone isn't even spelt Fone..
    I think the issue is with those who cannot spell PHONE and spell FONE, or, even, F0NE, instead as they attempt to search for iPhone related material. Apparently, Apple has decided ANY form of Phone - Fone - Fon - F0ne - F0ne, ad nauseum, is their right (and copyright). It is both an indictment on our education system as well as our legal system! And, SORRY, but is "spelt" even a word you know or did you mean "spelled"? I'm just axin' From othr sources: Spelt has a complex history. It is a hexaploid wheat species known from genetic evidence to have originated as a hybrid of a domesticated tetraploid wheat such as emmer wheat and the wild goat-grass Aegilops tauschii. This hybridisation must have taken place in the Near East because this is where Ae. tauschii grows, and it must have taken place prior to the appearance of bread wheat (Triticum aestivum, a hexaploid free-threshing derivative of spelt) in the archaeological record c. 8,000 years ago.
    Again, spelt is an ancient wheat (Triticum spelta syn. T. aestivum spelta) with spikelets containing two light red grains ; also : the grain of spelt

Oh, Lord, where is the education these days?

If you want to know my credentials for my iPhone, and my posts, I am on a jail-broken, unlocked, activated 2.1 firmware with iTunes 8.0 and all apps and Cydia apps working - not from Pwn, because I use Windows (I had to do it the hard way). I will most likely redo the entire process once the Windows Pwn is out.
    Last edited by mbaharvard; 09-15-2008 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i wud have preferred in even shorter by just having MMi. sounds a little more contemporary and slick.

anyways like everyone said, it isn't worth fighting Apple. Its like hitting yourself against a wall. so congrats on your new name.

geez....stupid apple and their lawyers....what are they gonna do next.....change the name of the actual fruit "Apple"?!?!?!

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Uh, yah, that's been there since we went live on new domain this morning. Its the tab that says "iPhone" on front page.
    Got it thanks, I've updated my bookmark to go straight to the iPhone news.

You guys r troopers, thanks for defending the community, hang in there.
    "Spaceships don't come equipped with rear view mirrors..." -Andre Benjamin the 3000th

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

MMi as a domain is out for two reasons:

1) We're the ModMy guys. ModMyMoto, ModMyGphone, ModMyi. ModMy, LLC, in fact. Its all ModMy.

2) All the 3 letter domains have been sold for years.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

My iPhone is a Part of Me 24trepid's Avatar
    Thanks

What's the new Installer repo ?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast