Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: the end.is a discussion within the
MMi Site Newsforums, a part of the
The End the last part or extremity, lengthwise, of anything that is longer than it is wide or broad: the end of a street; the end of a rope. a...
09-13-2008, 09:39 AM #1
- the last part or extremity, lengthwise, of anything that is longer than it is wide or broad: the end of a street; the end of a rope.
- a point, line, or limitation that indicates the full extent, degree, etc., of something; limit; bounds: kindness without end; to walk from end to end of a city.
- a part or place at or adjacent to an extremity: at the end of the table; the west end of town.
- the furthermost imaginable place or point: an island at the very end of the world.
- termination; conclusion: The journey was coming to an end.
- the concluding part: The end of her speech had to be cut short because of time.
- an intention or aim: to gain one's ends.
- the object for which a thing exists; purpose: The happiness of the people is the end of government.
- an outcome or result: What is to be the end of all this bickering?
- termination of existence; death: He met a horrible end.
- a cause of death, destruction, or ruin: Another war would be the end of civilization.
- a remnant or fragment: mill end; ends and trimmings.
- a share or part in something: He does his end of the job very well.
- Textiles. a warp thread running vertically and interlaced with the filling yarn in the woven fabric.
a. either of the linemen stationed farthest from the center.
b. the position played by this lineman.
- Archery. the number of arrows to be shot by a competitor during one turn in a match.
- Cricket. a wicket, esp. the one where the batsman is taking a turn.
- a unit of a game, as in curling or lawn bowling.
- Kantianism. any rational being, regarded as worthy to exist for its own sake.
- either half of a domino.
- Knots. the part of a rope, beyond a knot or the like, that is not used.
- the end, Slang. the ultimate; the utmost of good or bad: His stupidity is the end.
–verb (used with object)
- to bring to an end or conclusion: We ended the discussion on a note of optimism.
- to put an end to; terminate: This was the battle that ended the war.
- to form the end of: This passage ends the novel.
- to cause the demise of; kill: A bullet through the heart ended him.
- to constitute the most outstanding or greatest possible example or instance of (usually used in the infinitive): You just committed the blunder to end all blunders.
–verb (used without object)
- to come to an end; terminate; cease: The road ends at Rome.
- to issue or result: Extravagance ends in want.
- to reach or arrive at a final condition, circumstance, or goal (often fol. by up): to end up in the army; to end as a happy person.
- final or ultimate: the end result.
- at loose ends, without an occupation or plans; unsettled; uncertain: He spent two years wandering about the country at loose ends.
- at one's wit's end, at the end of one's ideas or mental resources; perplexed: I'm at my wit's end with this problem. Also, at one's wits' end.
- end for end, in reverse position; inverted: The cartons were turned end for end.
- end on, with the end next to or facing: He backed the truck until it was end on with the loading platform.
- end to end, in a row with ends touching: The pipes were placed end to end on the ground.
- go off the deep end, Informal. to act in a reckless or agitated manner; lose emotional control: She went off the deep end when she lost her job.
- in the end, finally; after all: In the end they shook hands and made up.
- keep or hold one's end up, to perform one's part or share adequately: The work is demanding, but he's holding his end up.
- make an end of, to conclude; stop: Let's make an end of this foolishness and get down to work.
- make ends meet, to live within one's means: Despite her meager income, she tried to make ends meet. Also, make both ends meet.
- no end, Informal. very much or many: They were pleased no end by the warm reception.
- on end,
a. having the end down; upright: to stand a box on end.
b. continuously; successively: They talked for hours on end.
- put an end to, to cause to stop; terminate; finish: The advent of sound in motion pictures put an end to many a silent star's career.
Tonight marks the end of our contest. If you haven't participated yet all you have to do is post 5 new threads that add content to MMi to one of these forums:
If you aren't part of the contest yet just email [email protected] with your user name and we will give you access to the forums listed above.
It is not too late to play. We are giving away something like 30 prizes and I'm not sure whether or not 30 ppl have qualified to win yet. Take a few moments to post 5 good threads today and you have a great chance of winning something. If there are notenough qualified winners I'll just give things out to whomever I please
Winners will be announced Sunday or Monday
The end of ModMyI. ModMyI will end tonight at some point. The site will go down for some hours when ModMyI ends. You'll have to check back tomorrow when we will tell you what's up
Don't pm, email me, im me, etc about ModMyI's end I wont reply. The moderators don't really know either don't bother them. Bother me and it might be your end
09-13-2008, 09:50 AM #2
the end i was scared for a second lol
btw pwnage 2.1 is outiTouch 2.0 (free update/pwn'd)
iPhone 3G white (pwn'd)
MacBook Pro 15inch (using tethered)
2 broken wrists so give me a break. no more 2007 Yamaha r6
09-13-2008, 10:04 AM #3
Erm what if you don't have an iPod or a Mac?
09-13-2008, 10:53 AM #4
09-13-2008, 11:23 AM #5
09-13-2008, 11:28 AM #6
09-13-2008, 12:16 PM #7
I won't sleep a wink tonight
09-13-2008, 12:20 PM #8
09-13-2008, 12:39 PM #9
omg....i was soo scared lol
09-13-2008, 01:06 PM #10
I thought it meant the end of hacking. Phew..
Nice scare lol
09-13-2008, 04:32 PM #11
im confused, whats going on????????????
09-13-2008, 04:44 PM #12
dude! that is not right! i thought it was going to be the end of MMI. scared me to hell! nice intro though, got everyone held on to their seats and read it carefully! LOL!!
OLD INFO I forgot where to get this again. Link?
09-13-2008, 05:26 PM #13
I really hate while so-called 'smart' people makes simple things to become very complicated, end up been paid for.
What can we do? This is the world we being living.
09-13-2008, 05:30 PM #14
09-13-2008, 05:43 PM #15
ooooooohhhhhhh i see now....
i think u guys will be changing names tonight or modding interface, not actually taking the whole site down and ending this domain...
i think that's what u guys r doing, if im wrong, and this site is actually ending, then i might kill myself...
Last edited by btung; 09-13-2008 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost-btung
i gotz this whole coding thing down
09-13-2008, 05:46 PM #16
Yup, it's going to be a massive (maybe less so?) over-hual of MMi. If it was ending, that would upset many, many people (and there would be hell to pay!) Let's just hope it wont take too long.
09-13-2008, 06:58 PM #17
LOL I agree it is going to be a massive change.... I mean they just created new sections and giving away prizes... they are going to integrate the new sections in and there will be a change to the forum... it doesn't make sense to have a contest and then just shutdown the site..
Just wait and see the surprise.. I think it will be a nice one even if its not massive =)
my two cents...
09-13-2008, 09:35 PM #18
for a second i though u are talking about LHC LOL
09-13-2008, 10:05 PM #19
I know I wont win the comp as the admins always complain about nearly all posts I do. Either its so strict or, nope... this is the strictist site there is.
09-13-2008, 10:55 PM #20