Closed Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Forces Their Hand on iPhone Trademark. We are changing domains.

is a discussion within the

MMi Site News

forums, a part of the

ModMyi

section;
I'm glad to see Apple working so hard at pissing people off - trying to shove their "legal rights" on people. Why am I glad you ask? Well, the harder
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm glad to see Apple working so hard at pissing people off - trying to shove their "legal rights" on people. Why am I glad you ask? Well, the harder they shove and the more they try to stop modders, unlockers, and those who try to enjoy new technology - the more of a backlash that's gonna hit 'em. I'm glad to see them clamping down on "unlockers" by limiting purchases to 2 per person and credit cards only. In their effort to make their slavemaster (AT&T) happy, they're just building up a backlash in America that's going to overturn laws and force companies like this to stop bullying smaller companies. I hope they clamp down even harder because you always reap what you sow - Apple has sown seeds of slavery in forcing people to use their products the way they dictate, and now they're going to reap an army of people that just want the freedom to do as they please.

For them to ask you guys to change the name of this website reeks of hypocrisy. When they were being sued by the Beatles, who argued that consumers would confuse their "Apple Records" label with Apple Computers, Apple's response by their lawyers was that, "Even a moron in a hurry could not be mistaken about that." So, out of Apple's own reasoning, only a "moron in a hurry" would confuse this website as being affiliated w/Apple Computers. Seriously Apple (& the Townsend OG's), get a life!

Sprint and T-Mobile both just recently lost major lawsuits here in the US due to locking phones and I hope AT&T is next. A legalistic approach will never win in the long-term. Sure, Apple may have a "legal right" right now to lock phones and force you guys to change your name - but is this really the best idea? If we are to use some of the "logic" they use, then the local cops in Cupertino should be able to follow Steve Jobs to work everyday and write him a traffic ticket for every moment he goes so much as 1 mile per hour over the speed limit! If they did that, what could Steve say - after all, the cops have a "legal" right to do that. Is this realistic?! No, it's silly to think about - but that's where a legalistic mindset leads so that you're always trying to protect "your rights". You can get so consumed in "doing things right" that you forget to do the "right thing".

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Don't forget to replace the 'shop the modmyi store" button at the bottom of each page.

Oh, something else I noticed. All the menu links at the top work correctly in the forum sections, but in the main page, some still point to the old domain and end up as broken links.
    Last edited by alfaphlex; 10-31-2007 at 01:03 AM.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,269 Times in 652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alfaphlex View Post
    Don't forget to replace the 'shop the modmyi store" button at the bottom of each page.

Oh, something else I noticed. All the menu links at the top work correctly in the forum sections, but in the main page, some still point to the old domain and end up as broken links.
    it will takes us a few days to get everything

My iPhone is a Part of Me lifesmymachine's Avatar
    Thanks

You know what, it actually looks pretty cool with an f instead of ph
    "The glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall."

Thanks

cash7c3 buddy....better not forget to change your sig... just trying to help man.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ikkviper View Post
    cash7c3 buddy....better not forget to change your sig... just trying to help man.
    lol

Thanks

Just ridiculous how they can come up with bs, obscure reasons for legal action and sleep at night. Let's just wait for 1.1.2 to be released so that we can kick 'em in the nuts again with hacks etc... Its our say of saying "SCREW YOU!" to our good, user friendly monopoly-wannabes. I feel bad in a way for owning this phone; all of the hacking I've had to do on it reminds me all the time about how stupid apple have been. I'm glad that 250 000 of their phones got unlocked. Can't wait for the next figure to be released.

Thanks

Wow, total bullsh*t.

Apple, man, you used to be cool.

iPhone? More like MyPhone vinodis's Avatar
    Thanks

Never mind. The new name rhymes well!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just my .02,

but does this mean that the State of Washington is going to get sued for selling Washington Apples since Apple is what is being sold?

Maybe I should sue someone at Apple for having the name Dan. Its been in my family for years. So its mine.

One last note, Since you are an owner of an iphone, does that mean when someone asks you what kind of phone you have, are you not allowed to say iphone? of course you are, because its free advertisement.

Ok, this is my last note.... now you have to make sure that all internet sites that have iphone in them, are being treated the same, due to federal law that prohibits a company attacking one person for one thing, and not doing the same to others. They by law, have to attack all the other sites containing iphone in the url. if not, you are not obligated to change yours.

ok, so that was like .10

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Did I miss something? I thought iPhone was owned by Cisco. That is referenced at the bottom of the webpage.

If it isn't I'd just claim to be based in Canada.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

what a bunch of twats.Them and microsoft are idiots.Do apple not know you guys enhance the iphone.they sell more because of you.God almighty what is this world coming too.They need to learn from Nokia.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rydan View Post
    Did I miss something? I thought iPhone was owned by Cisco. That is referenced at the bottom of the webpage.

If it isn't I'd just claim to be based in Canada.
    http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2007/02/21iphone.html

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm glad Apple decided to waste all that time and money to force you to make those changes. I personally thought ModMyIphone was Apples website and Poetic Folly was Steve Jobs, they really cleared that up for me.

Now I realise the error of my ways I will remove all mods and apps on my iPhone immediately and I will flog myself 100 times while chanting "Forgive me Steve"....

Thanks
    Well, really stupid ! dictatorial

Anyway, I prefer Modmyifone , haha ...

And on october 13th, I'll buy a Zune 2 instead of an ipod ,no more Apple product , too much is too much

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Let's give our moded ifone a new name
    Why don't we start referring to moded devices as "ifone". So actually we are playing with a device much better than apple originally provides (suggests).

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    here, problem solved, i blurred the iPhone© picture. now nobody will get in trouble

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Apple Forces Their Hand on iPhone Trademark.  We are changing domains.-apple-iphone2.jpg  

Green Apple
    Thanks

no one was expecting this.. well i can understand trying to shut down the website, or kill anybody who is trying to unlock the iFone and offers the knowledge for free... but this!!! totally unexpected... it changes nothing.. anyway up urs Apple.

one of the earlier posts mention that Apple WERE the cool guys.. i do agree!!

lets wait and see how apple will beg people to buy their products when they will meet the same destiny as microsoft.. Nyahahaha

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trent J.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Put a bad word filter on iPhone,
    And make the filter word iFone =]]]
    Proud MMi Retired Moderator.

Thanks
    iPhone, iPhone, iPhone, iPhone, iPhone, iPhone, iPhone, iPhone, iPhone, iPhone, iPhone, iPhone, iPhone, iPhone, iPhone, iPhone, iPhone, iPhone.

There you go Apple, suit me.