+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Mac 3D Desktop Patent

is a discussion within the

Member Written Mac News

forums, a part of the

Mac News

section;
Check this out. Future Mac OS X desktops could be presented in three dimensions. (Credit: U.S. PTO via MacRumors) Are you ready for a 3D desktop? Apple is working on
    iPhone? More like MyPhone calingasan's Avatar
    Thanks

Default New Mac 3D Desktop Patent
    Check this out.

Future Mac OS X desktops could be presented in three dimensions.
    (Credit: U.S. PTO via MacRumors)
    Are you ready for a 3D desktop?
    Apple is working on such a project, according to patent filings unearthed by MacRumors this week. The "multidimensional desktop" applications suggest that Apple wants to take familiar parts of the Mac OS X desktop--such as the dock--and add depth, allowing you to stack documents or folders behind application icons on the "floor" of your desktop.
    The idea of a 3D desktop is not new, but neither is it something that people are using in large numbers. When it comes to patent applications there's always a distinct chance that the technology never actually makes it into a product; still, it's always interesting to see what companies are working up in the labs.

3D desktop revealed in Apple patent filing | Apple - CNET News

Drool, drool, drool!!!

Thanks

Yeah I read about this on engadget and the general opinion is that this will be a clutter magnet
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Thanks

True but, Apple have always find ways to make a clutter into some sort of fad. I wonder how long before windows tries something similar.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by calingasan View Post
    True but, Apple have always find ways to make a clutter into some sort of fad. I wonder how long before windows tries something similar.
    I hope never... I keep my Mac looking just like my windows desktop.... CLEAN.... I always shged a tear when I see people with folders upon folders filling their desktop... these same people probably have the messiest houses ever!

And yes, there is too much going on for me in that image (I know it is an EXTREMELY rough concept image but still)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    I hope never... I keep my Mac looking just like my windows desktop.... CLEAN.... I always shged a tear when I see people with folders upon folders filling their desktop... these same people probably have the messiest houses ever!

And yes, there is too much going on for me in that image (I know it is an EXTREMELY rough concept image but still)
    My desktop and dock are pristine, but my room is a tip, lol.
    Last edited by dale1v; 12-15-2008 at 03:59 AM.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Thanks

Just like a mac. Windows Exposer.

CubeDesktop - 3D realtime virtual desktop manager and task switcher seems to have done a good job at making a 3d desktop in windows. It even includes Mac OS X Exposť-like experience.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by calingasan View Post

Just like a mac. Windows Exposer.

CubeDesktop - 3D realtime virtual desktop manager and task switcher seems to have done a good job at making a 3d desktop in windows. It even includes Mac OS X Exposť-like experience.
    i've seen this and awhile ago , actually theres another one thats better then that one , i forgot the name but i will remember soon
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]