Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Circus Pony + MacHeist = "sorry, no upgrades for you" (Thousands of people affected)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Default Circus Pony + MacHeist = "sorry, no upgrades for you" (Thousands of people affected)
    Notebook 3.0 upgrade is a free upgrade to anyone who purchased Notebook in 2008.

Hi,

I bought my Notebook license in 2008 from the MacHeist in January, I'd like my free upgrade to 3.0 please.

Hi xxxxx,

Unfortunately, as a MacHeist customer, you're not eligible for the free upgrade. However, you can purchase a singe-user upgrade from our Web site at www.circusponies.com/store

So, who do we unleash the dogs on? The company that will not honor the promise that users with a valid license purchased in 2008 can have a free upgrade, or MacHeist for selling us software with "second class" status?

Judging by the MacHeist sales, this is over 20,000 people affected I believe. Anyone have the stats for the packages sold for the January MacHeist?

I have this via MacHeist. I remember them being clear and up front about the upgrade policy about this particular application. Don't get mad at them cause you don't remember :P

Thanks

MacHeist did not say anything.

Thanks

With no conclusion nor resolution I have decided MacHeist to be the villain here as Circus Ponies knew they couldn't clear their bottom line, but MacHeist did not produce this information when selling the bundle.