+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Blu-Ray, TouchScreen Display, Netbook; Answers!

is a discussion within the

Member Written Mac News

forums, a part of the

Mac News

section;
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Blu-Ray, TouchScreen Display, Netbook; Answers!
    During the Question and Answer session of yesterday's media event, Steve Jobs responded to a number of questions of interest. The Apple Core blog summarizes the answers. Of note:

Blu-Ray - "Itís great to watch the movies, but the licensing of the tech is so complex, weíre waiting till things settle down and Blu-ray takes off in the marketplace."

TouchScreen Display - "so far it hasnít made a lot of sense to us."

Netbook (low cost laptop) - "a nascent market thatís just getting started."

While Apple did drop the price of the lowest-end MacBook yesterday to $999, that model retains the old MacBook architecture and casing. Readers should note, however, that the new entry level MacBook ($999) now ships with a SuperDrive. The previous $1099 MacBook contained only a Combo Drive.

--

All credits for this article is given to MacRumors.com, I took it from there, but thought that it would be wonderful to share it with ModMyI.com

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I sure wish they would get over this super drive combo drive BS and just call it a dvd recorder, etc.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings