+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Update question

is a discussion within the

Member Written iPod News

forums, a part of the

iPod News

section;
Hey guys, I have a 4th gen 64gb iPod touch and I have a question. I currently have it jail broken, but really wanting to update it. I don't mind
    Thanks

Default Update question
    Hey guys, I have a 4th gen 64gb iPod touch and I have a question. I currently have it jail broken, but really wanting to update it. I don't mind so much losin the jailbreak, but don't want it to run real slow or stuff because I was planning on updating it throw my iPod. So if I update it throw my iPod, will I lose some of the videos that I put on my iPod throw various apps that I got through cydia (the videos are in my apple movies folder) and will it run weird if I don't restore it first? Any help is much appreciated!
    Last edited by BikeBuilder63; 11-20-2012 at 09:49 AM.

Thanks

Please, can someone tell me if it's safe???

Thanks

Alright, first: how many gigs do you have free on your touch? Because if you have at least 10 gigs left it should still run just fine. And as to updating it through your touch, I am not sure. Do you have the vids saved or backed up to anything? When I download stuff, the. Sync then sync my touch, iTunes automatically backs them up. I would try to back them up on iTunes or some folder in your computer. Or, if you can't or don't want to, just risk it and see what happens. Sorry I can't help more. I don't know much about this.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hmm its big problem, and I want known too what to do

Thanks

Here is something i just read in a different thread. Hope it helps QUOTE=King_O_Hill;6704361]Never update a jail broken device using OTA without removing the jailbreak first.

Never do a "reset" on a jail broken device either. [/QUOTE]