+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Enable Battery Percentage For iOS 5.0.1

is a discussion within the

Member Written iPod News

forums, a part of the

iPod News

section;
Enable Battery Percentage on iPod Touch 4g Running iOS 5.0.1 at the end there is an explanation video 1-First step is to install iFile on your iPhone / iPod Touch.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Enable Battery Percentage For iOS 5.0.1
    Enable Battery Percentage on iPod Touch 4g Running iOS 5.0.1
    at the end there is an explanation video

1-First step is to install iFile on your iPhone / iPod Touch. Install iFile 1.6.1-3 (also update mobilesubstrate(suarik))
    Open "iFile" and and go to "root" directory. Tab on top left corner of your screen, it will take you root (/) directory.

2-Go to /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app and look for N81AP.plist file.

3-Once you open N81AP.plist file, you will see the coding regarding your iPhone functions, you will need to edit the file and search or add "Battery Percentage" function to it and set it to "TRUE".
    Tab on "Edit" on top left corner of your screen.
    To enable Battery Percentage search for following strings to N81AP.plist file.
    <key>gas-gauge-battery</key>
    <false/>

and change it for:
    <true/>

4-Once you are done with adding these strings, just tab on "Save" and "Done" and close the iFile.
    Restart your ipod and go to Settings/General/Usage and enjoy!.

*I used redsn0w 0.9.10 tool to jailbreak my ipod touch 4g iOS 5.0.1
    ** Worked Just Fine For Me
    *** Source Enable Battery Percentage in iOS 4 on iPhone 3G without Redsn0w | Jaxov used this guide on my ipod and worked then i posted this for iOS 5.0.1

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Enable Battery Percentage For iOS 5.0.1-img_0097.jpg   Enable Battery Percentage For iOS 5.0.1-img_0096.jpg   Enable Battery Percentage For iOS 5.0.1-img_0098.jpg   Enable Battery Percentage For iOS 5.0.1-img_0102.jpg   Enable Battery Percentage For iOS 5.0.1-img_0101.jpg   Enable Battery Percentage For iOS 5.0.1-img_0096213x320.jpg   Enable Battery Percentage For iOS 5.0.1-n82ap.plist-file.jpg   Enable Battery Percentage For iOS 5.0.1-ifile-root-directory.jpg  

Last edited by ipodtouch4; 03-10-2012 at 12:03 PM.

Thanks

You can do this with redsn0w before jailbreaking just by checking a box. Nice detailed tut tho
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

is for the people that didn't check the box like me .

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Great tutorial. Just tried this on a new ipod touch 4 with 5.1.1. Edited the N81AP.plist file but there were no

<true/>

Lines. Simple job to enter them and save the file. Battery Percentage toggle was the in usage on reboot. Thanks again.