Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is MMi finally packing it in?

Default Is MMi finally packing it in?
    So I've been closely attached to a new theme that has been trying to get hosted by MMi to be for sale on Cydia. This is from a theme designer that has submitted their theme to MMi at least 3 weeks ago. Saurik has confirmed the approval almost 2 weeks ago and we are still waiting.

Now I understand that people have lives and things get busy, but this has been a problem for quite sometime now. It has happened to me when I waited almost 2 weeks to get a critical update out to my tweak WidgetWeather3. It's just bad business to not even have the decency to reply to an email to give some kind of sense that something is moving forward.

As an active member here, I realize that the forums are getting quiet and that the traffic has slowed down quite a bit since the iOS 4-5-6 days. But this is no excuse to just string people along. Some of us have been guitar faithful to this site and have even defended it for years. But this is just unacceptable. If it's a manpower issue, then ask for help. I for one would be glad to help get packages submitted in a timely fashion. But again, things just stay quiet without any information.

I think it's time to let others in to help, or if that control cannot be shared, maybe it's time to just pass the ball and be done. But to just ignore us is not working for me. For months we have been told that there were some great changes coming. Well if this is the idea of change, then we need a new plan.

KOH

Check out WW3 for iOS 9 - Widget-Weather 3.0

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Boots (01-11-2017), Glawrence33 (12-21-2016), KaiTa (12-30-2016), kristatos (01-02-2017), mike42 (12-21-2016), rasputin007 (12-21-2016), Ravenleigh (12-21-2016), sand_man (12-24-2016), Sital (12-21-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,446 Times in 7,544 Posts

Hopefully things will get back to a norm. I have sent this post as well as many others on to the owners. I pray things will change, I feel your pain and frustration.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (12-21-2016), Sniper488 (01-08-2017)

@King_O_Hill - first off, THANK YOU for posting this. We all feel terrible that some of you have been put through the wringer here. Wanted to post here to let you and all others know that we ARE listening. I'd also like to thank blkcadi for being such a great help and support since day 1. The community has a GREAT member here.

To get things started, I'd like to know WHO here is still waiting on approval. Once we have a list, I can confirm with Bla1ze (he's managing the repo AND the blogs as you may have noticed!) and work with the previous owners if possible to expedite these submissions ASAP.

There are a LOT of ins and outs to the whole backend system, and learning it has been, well, a 'challenge' to say the very least.

Regardless of everything that has happened up to this point, I hope you'll pull with us to provide any info or support we may need... and I appreciate your patience and understanding (you clearly have a lot of it!!!) through this whole process.

Talk with you soon!

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to James Falconer For This Useful Post:

Bla1ze (12-21-2016), blkcadi (12-21-2016), Glawrence33 (12-21-2016), hemptation (12-24-2016), King_O_Hill (12-21-2016), kristatos (01-02-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,935 Times in 1,162 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by James Falconer View Post
    @King_O_Hill - first off, THANK YOU for posting this. We all feel terrible that some of you have been put through the wringer here. Wanted to post here to let you and all others know that we ARE listening. I'd also like to thank blkcadi for being such a great help and support since day 1. The community has a GREAT member here.

To get things started, I'd like to know WHO here is still waiting on approval. Once we have a list, I can confirm with Bla1ze (he's managing the repo AND the blogs as you may have noticed!) and work with the previous owners if possible to expedite these submissions ASAP.

There are a LOT of ins and outs to the whole backend system, and learning it has been, well, a 'challenge' to say the very least.

Regardless of everything that has happened up to this point, I hope you'll pull with us to provide any info or support we may need... and I appreciate your patience and understanding (you clearly have a lot of it!!!) through this whole process.

Talk with you soon!
    Well, Alrighty then :/

After all this time, and confusion....I've JUST re-submitted my theme packages AGAIN. Please Modmyi, don't let me down.
    Last edited by Ravenleigh; 12-22-2016 at 12:04 PM.
    Reckoning - Triptych - Brass Tacks
    White Night and Syren

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ravenleigh For This Useful Post:

blkcadi (12-22-2016), King_O_Hill (12-22-2016), kristatos (01-02-2017), mike42 (12-22-2016), NewD (12-22-2016)

Almost another week has gone by and with nothing being done. I understand it's the holidays, but if you were going to shut down for the month of December, you should have just posted it. This is just crazy. I will not be submitting another package to MMi and I will be advising others to not do so either. I have seen packages in Cydia from MMi since I started this thread, so I know they are catering to some out there.

Thanks for the help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Irish_Man (12-26-2016), kristatos (01-02-2017), mike42 (12-26-2016), Ravenleigh (12-26-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,935 Times in 1,162 Posts

So, i went to another repo for my theme, as i never heard a peep from here. Now i have a question tho. What is to happen to all my themes that are being hosted by Modmyi? Have i just lost access to my own themes? I cant update my themes without someone at Modmyi.
    Reckoning - Triptych - Brass Tacks
    White Night and Syren

Unfortunately, your kinda stuck. You would have to submit an update thru the MMi dev portal and hope for the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

NewD (01-08-2017), Sniper488 (01-08-2017)

Thanks

Make ModMyI Great again!

This used to be one of the best go to info sites on apple apps stocks rumors and more. Most of all Jailbreak watch. We can do it. Change out some reporters. Make some quotas help the app/theme creators. We can do it all together.

Great Jailbreak news out there. I'll make a news post in a minute
    Last edited by Mookest; 01-09-2017 at 12:14 AM.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mookest For This Useful Post:

blkcadi (01-09-2017), NewD (01-09-2017)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Padgoi's Avatar
    Thanks

What makes this so much worse is the fact that you got a response saying things are going to change and they're working on speeding things up yet literally nothing has changed. And to be completely honest, if Bla1ze is the one in charge of the repo, he should be removed from the position because the repo itself is being run miserably. Some websites would kill for the traffic this place gets, so to take it for granted and treat the users like they don't matter really is a slap in the face.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Padgoi For This Useful Post:

menard_00 (01-20-2017), Ravenleigh (01-11-2017)