Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stop Getting Pushed to the App Store From Other Apps With 'NoRedirect2AppStore'

Default Stop Getting Pushed to the App Store From Other Apps With 'NoRedirect2AppStore'

Don't you just hate it when you're doing something on your iOS 7 device and then out of nowhere you accidentally tap on something and get bumped into the App Store?

It happens all the time in Mobile Safari when you're browsing the Web, and also when playing free ad-supported App Store games that can force you to accidentally tap on the ad and get bumped out of the game to the App Store application instead. It's annoying, and it's definitely a waste of time.

A new free jailbreak tweak called NoRedirect2AppStore by iOS developer JBKan96 fixes this problem by making it so that no matter now many times you tap on an App Store redirecting link, you will not be pushed to the App Store. In turn, you'll never have to worry about it happening again.

Since it disables all App Store linking, this also means that you will have to manually search the App Store when you want an application, as you won't be able to tap on a link to be directed to the App Store anymore unless you remove the tweak.

If you want to give the tweak a try, it's available for free in Cydia's BigBoss repository. There are no options to configure.

Name: NoRedirect2AppStore
    Price: FREE
    Version: JBKan96
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: JBKan96
    Editor's Rating: / 4.5/5

Not found in Cydia- and Yes, I have BigBoss repository, and typed correctly in my search box.

Quote Originally Posted by sashusmom View Post
    Not found in Cydia- and Yes, I have BigBoss repository, and typed correctly in my search box.
    It's definitely there, you may need to refresh your sources.

Worst case scenario is you have a caching issue and need to delete and re-add the repo.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,184 Times in 1,366 Posts

It breaks opening the YouTube.app from Safari. Uninstalled it cuz of that...

iPhone? More like MyPhone duceduc's Avatar
    Thanks

I can't find it either.

I can't find it either. I deleted and re-added the BigBoss repo, and also used iCleaner to clean up Cydia and it's resources. Still no dice.

Nope, not there. Not in the BigBoss list of new apps, either.

Given that it breaks Youtube links, it may well have been withdrawn. Shame, I REALLY wanted that sucker.

Thanks

Default Stop Getting Pushed to the App Store From Other Apps With 'NoRedirect2AppStore'
    Quote Originally Posted by SuncoastDave View Post

Given that it breaks Youtube links, it may well have been withdrawn. Shame, I REALLY wanted that sucker.
    Me too. Seemed to work for the few hours I had it. I bet you could still find the .deb floating around somewhere

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SuncoastDave View Post

me too, me too. I don't care for the break of youtube. don't see it much. It looks like a great tweak for my son to use since he doesn't know what he is doing but just press every button within the game and gets redirect all over the place.

Thanks

Got the .deb for anyone that wants to manually install:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pkf6kctwls...t2AppStore.deb
    Last edited by thazsar; 08-20-2014 at 07:18 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Me too. Seemed to work for the few hours I had it. I bet you could still find the .deb floating around somewhere
    Thanks for the reminder. I did find a .deb

It is installed but is worse in the actual Cydia app.

So does it work?

I used it then realized that all links in Safari we're being effected. Also links that would open into apps like maps, Facebook, YouTube, text, call. I uninstalled. It worked fine other then that