+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T iPhone Unlocking Down Worldwide since Tuesday - Suggest Permanent Shutdown!

is a discussion within the

Member Written iPhone News

forums, a part of the

iPhone News

section;
Surprised no one have picked up this story yet... ATT Suspends iPhone Unlocking for 3rd party direct sources. Seems it's permanent. AT&T iPhone Unlocking Services Suspended -Shutdown Likely For Good
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Lightbulb AT&T iPhone Unlocking Down Worldwide since Tuesday - Suggest Permanent Shutdown!
    Surprised no one have picked up this story yet...

ATT Suspends iPhone Unlocking for 3rd party direct sources. Seems it's permanent.

AT&T iPhone Unlocking Services Suspended -Shutdown Likely For Good

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

That's false, and that is why the story hasn't been picked up.
    I can still unlock att iPhones.
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cowboy For This Useful Post:

Anthony Bouchard (10-06-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

AT&T’s website still indicates that active customers of their postpaid plans and prepaid Go Phone users can still submit device unlock request given the eligibility requirements are met. This suggest that AT&T is most likely behind the unlock shutdown for 3rd party providers.
    Funny but Apple can Unlock a phone..........
    At&t does not want to do it FOR NON CUSTOMERS, if you are a customer, like me, I can still get an unlock. (Just did Wed)

Thanks

Also Att doesn't have the control over the unlocking. It's through Apple

Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WHUDS View Post
    Funny but Apple can Unlock a phone..........
    At&t does not want to do it FOR NON CUSTOMERS, if you are a customer, like me, I can still get an unlock. (Just did Wed)
    Yes, it states for NON AT&T customers. Funny, seems all the "large" players for unlocking are down and out but at least stated by Cowboy, some of the small fries are up and running.

You know something is up ....

iphone 4s unlock code | eBay

4 listings on eBay for "iphone 4s unlock code" ...usually there is hundreds if not thousands of listings. Completed listings (last 30 days) shows 3,000 listings.

While not everyone might be down, something big has defiantly taken place.
    Last edited by monsterdustin; 10-06-2013 at 03:06 PM. Reason: typo

Thanks

The GSX method got closed aka the illegal method. The way me and some of the others are doing it is 100% legal

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cowboy For This Useful Post:

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Could you enlighten me as to what is illegal about the GSX method and what's that about and how yourself and some others are different?

Thanks

Google GSX apple unlocking method. Then read the terms and condition for GSX.

As for my method its a secret. I don't need more competition its hard enough to gain market space rather not have others come in for a piece.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cowboy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 14,784 Times in 6,877 Posts

Shhh. It's a sekret.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,527 Times in 5,846 Posts

Oh man, I hate sekrets. Tell me, tell me...

Thanks

Ill I am going to say is you need a 4 slotted toaster, a bunch of peanut butter, and a little luck

Thanks
    Thanked 9,527 Times in 5,846 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    Ill I am going to say is you need a 4 slotted toaster, a bunch of peanut butter, and a little luck
    Huh, I knew it would involve peanut butter. Nice

Thanks

Maybe it has to do with the flood of sold Iphones lately with the release of 5s? Too much for them to handle

Thanks

Has nothing to do with that

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just paid for the unlocking service from Cowboy. Hopefully it works. Have had 4 companies refund me so far in the last 3 days.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So Yea it appears that GSX method providers are shut down and others who have a different approach are still up.

Hehe don't have to tell about your source of method

I was more asking because everyone is saying that these providers who are shut down are doing it "illegally" and wanted to know how the others alternate method was legal or any different.

I guess with no explanation other than "it's a secret" I can only assume it's another alternate approach that hasn't been shut down and may or may not be "legal" or authorized or able to be detected.

I suppose it really doesn't matter. I don't think the burden of legality would pass to the user who purchased the unlock but rather the company that provides the unlock solution.

I just think the whole thing is bogus about having to jump through any hoops at all for devices. If it's not stolen and the previous user has fulfilled their obligations anyone should be able to unlock.

Everytime I go to Asia (HK, China or Philippines) there is no such thing as a carrier lock or subsidy sold devices with contracts and locks.

Thanks for the info on GSX.

I'm probably going to submit an Imei or two to you later on this week.

Thanks

Locking devices is stupid and makes no real sense, its the one thing I agree with the President who is asking Carriers to have unlocked phones for now on. The contract is the real chain to your provider. If you pay full price for and Iphone from At&t then it should be automatically unlocked, if you sign a contract and pay a percentage for the phone then it should be unlocked, no one comes to your home and takes back your phone if you break the contract, they charge you a fee and or give you a negative on credit report and can sue you for the money. SO a locked phone is silly and meaningless in the end.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by monsterdustin View Post
    So Yea it appears that GSX method providers are shut down and others who have a different approach are still up.

Hehe don't have to tell about your source of method

I was more asking because everyone is saying that these providers who are shut down are doing it "illegally" and wanted to know how the others alternate method was legal or any different.

I guess with no explanation other than "it's a secret" I can only assume it's another alternate approach that hasn't been shut down and may or may not be "legal" or authorized or able to be detected.

I suppose it really doesn't matter. I don't think the burden of legality would pass to the user who purchased the unlock but rather the company that provides the unlock solution.

I just think the whole thing is bogus about having to jump through any hoops at all for devices. If it's not stolen and the previous user has fulfilled their obligations anyone should be able to unlock.

Everytime I go to Asia (HK, China or Philippines) there is no such thing as a carrier lock or subsidy sold devices with contracts and locks.

Thanks for the info on GSX.

I'm probably going to submit an Imei or two to you later on this week.
    I wish i could tell you more but for the greater good of my business i can not say..
    I do look forward to your orders though thank you

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vjtk123 View Post
    I just paid for the unlocking service from Cowboy. Hopefully it works. Have had 4 companies refund me so far in the last 3 days.
    I paid earlier today to. I know the website says 1-5 days for completion. Just wondering if there is an estimate of how long it is currently taking to fulfill orders for AT&T Iphone 5. I have to travel this week, this phone is my only (waiting unlock to be activated), so need to know if I need to try and find another phone to travel with.

Thanks

Usually less than 48 hours. I put 1-5 days just to cover myself if we get backed up