+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Pulls iPhone 5S for In-Store Pickup

is a discussion within the

Member Written iPhone News

forums, a part of the

iPhone News

section;
What a difference a day makes. Just 24 hours after we first reported that Apple made the iPhone 5S available for in-store pickup at many (but not all) Apple retail
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Apple Pulls iPhone 5S for In-Store Pickup

What a difference a day makes.

Just 24 hours after we first reported that Apple made the iPhone 5S available for in-store pickup at many (but not all) Apple retail stores, this option has effectively come to an end for the time being.

On Tuesday, amidst ever-increasing demand for the short-supply of new iPhone 5S devices, online buyers are no longer greeted with an option to pick up the flagship iPhone at their nearest Apple Store.

Although the iPhone 5C is still available for in-store pickup, the iPhone 5S becomes harder to find with each passing day.

Prior to the weekend launch of both devices, industry watchers and analysts warned of limited supply. But in response to the 9 million units Apple sold in just the first three days, supplies have managed to dry up even faster than expected. And, as of this writing, it isn't clear how soon the iPhone 5S will become more readily available.

Source: Apple

Thanks

Tbh it's been a complete clusterfuck of a release. They should have made pre-orders available 7-10 days in advance of release.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hedrush For This Useful Post:

rickuk (09-24-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If they did that, then customers would not be forced onto the 5C at the apple store (unable to pick up a 5S of course).

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

I ordered mine (32GB Gold) yesterday...it says it probably won't ship until Nov. 1st-Nov. 21st! So lame, that's forever away! I think Apple did this on purpose so they could make the news with "outages" and "pushed back shipping dates." They should be prepared for this by now! Yes I'm only complaining cause I have to wait so f-ing long!

iPhone? More like MyPhone SAVAGE5's Avatar
    Thanks

Got my 32GB Gold for pickup before they pulled it thank you baby Jesus
    i5-

Long time reader. I don't care if you have 1 million post.

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    I ordered mine (32GB Gold) yesterday...it says it probably won't ship until Nov. 1st-Nov. 21st! So lame, that's forever away! I think Apple did this on purpose so they could make the news with "outages" and "pushed back shipping dates." They should be prepared for this by now! Yes I'm only complaining cause I have to wait so f-ing long!
    You waited all year, what's a few more days? You need to quell that 'instant gratification' affliction you have. Same for anyone who wanted a 5S and bought a 5C because they just couldn't wait, or a different colored 5S. Jeesh people, just wait a short while and get what you want.

Thanks

Yeah..that 5C hosed production. Apple is very concerned with the newly opened doors of China as they should be. At the same time, finding a 5S is hard these days..especially AT&T versions.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by luvmytj View Post
    You waited all year, what's a few more days? You need to quell that 'instant gratification' affliction you have. Same for anyone who wanted a 5S and bought a 5C because they just couldn't wait, or a different colored 5S. Jeesh people, just wait a short while and get what you want.
    Lol! I could care less when I get the phone, obviously I'd prefer sooner than later like most people. A few days?? The email said the shipping date was between Nov 1st and Nov 21st...I think that's more than a few day...or is my math wrong?.......I made that comment because I'm excited to get the iPhone 5s, so don't try and go off on some moral argument that I need to be patient and not expect instant gratification...

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    Lol! I could care less when I get the phone, obviously I'd prefer sooner than later like most people. A few days?? The email said the shipping date was between Nov 1st and Nov 21st...I think that's more than a few day...or is my math wrong?.......I made that comment because I'm excited to get the iPhone 5s, so don't try and go off on some moral argument that I need to be patient and not expect instant gratification...
    My bad, I must have read it wrong

Thanks

My bad, I must have read it wrong
    Lol no worries! I could see it coming off that way.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Maybe he's implying the fact that apple should have been prepared before the release so people get it on time. Get your nose out of apples behind...

What's Jailbreak? ChandlerWhaley's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SAVAGE5 View Post
    Got my 32GB Gold for pickup before they pulled it thank you baby Jesus
    My dad got on and ordered the 64GB gold on AT&T for pickup at our local Apple store, and when we went back right after he ordered it, it said that there were 0 left in stock at that store. The guy that sold it to us said that it was the first gold one that he had sold to anyone, and the guy at the AT&T store said that it was the first one that he had even seen. Pretty crazy.

Green Apple
    Thanks

My 16 gig gold was shipped sunday from China, it left Alaska earlier this afternoon and is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow! Got someone who wants to trade their 16 gig space gray + 250$ for my gold! Winning!

iPhone? More like MyPhone SAVAGE5's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ChandlerWhaley View Post
    My dad got on and ordered the 64GB gold on AT&T for pickup at our local Apple store, and when we went back right after he ordered it, it said that there were 0 left in stock at that store. The guy that sold it to us said that it was the first gold one that he had sold to anyone, and the guy at the AT&T store said that it was the first one that he had even seen. Pretty crazy.
    That's what is said after I ordered mine! They said if I got an email that it is mine and there waiting. I'm pretty pumped.
    i5-

Long time reader. I don't care if you have 1 million post.