Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The iPhone - has it become a living fossil ?

Default The iPhone - has it become a living fossil ?
    I love my iPhone-4 on a 4.3 JB - but not because it does everything I need it to ... for which I have an Android phone.
    I love my iPhone for 'just working' and for its stability.
    I love it for iOS which is pretty and by far, the most navigable OS ever written.

But its descendants have not evolved or advanced very far.
    So while I will always treasure this iconic device, I won't be buying one of its faster but largely unevolved descendants.

Thankyou Steve Jobs, for raising the bar and your magnificent legacy - but the iPhone really died with you.

Long may you both live in posterity!

Thanks
    Thanked 15,562 Times in 7,112 Posts

I have an iPhone 5 and a Nexus 4. Love them both. Still use the iPhone 5 as my main phone. The iPhone is far from dead, sales figures would more than back that up.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    The iPhone is far from dead, sales figures would more than back that up.
    Forget sales figures, it's market share that counts - and that my head-burying friend, is in DECLINE for the iPhone.
    Howdya like them onions ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneThereforeIAm View Post
    Forget sales figures, it's market share that counts - and that my head-burying friend, is in DECLINE for the iPhone.
    Howdya like them onions ?
    My head is far from buried. I have iPhones, iPads, Nexus 4, Nexus 7 and even a Surface. My mind is wide open to everything that is out there. The only head that is buried is yours trying to put down something just because you prefer something else.

As for your market share comment. Ask microsoft if market share is really what counts when they have had the overwhelming majority of market share with windows the last decade yet Apple has been the more profitable company. Given the choice between having a higher percentage or having a higher profit which do you think most would choose?

You also may want to actually check facts before proclaiming something is in decline. Here are some for you:
    iPhone 5 Tops Global Smartphone Marketshare In Q4 - Technorati Technology
    Apple's iPhone grew to 25.1% global market share in 2012

Apple's market share has actually been increasing. Samsung's has obviously greatly increased as well. The only ones in decline are the RIMs/Nokias/HTCs.

My head is far from buried. I have iPhones, iPads, Nexus 4, Nexus 7 and even a Surface. My mind is wide open to everything that is out there. The only head that is buried is yours trying to put down something just because you prefer something else.

As for your market share comment. Ask microsoft if market share is really what counts when they have had the overwhelming majority of market share with windows the last decade yet Apple has been the more profitable company. Given the choice between having a higher percentage or having a higher profit which do you think most would choose?

You also may want to actually check facts before proclaiming something is in decline. Here are some for you:
    iPhone 5 Tops Global Smartphone Marketshare In Q4 - Technorati Technology
    Apple's iPhone grew to 25.1% global market share in 2012
    Thanks for digging those facts up - but you know what I mean.

I too, have a variety of devices ... but of what relevance is that to iPhone fossilisation ?
    Last edited by iPhoneThereforeIAm; 03-19-2013 at 09:46 AM.

Thanks

The point is apple may not be alone at the top anymore but in my eyes that is a good thing. It doesn't mean they are fossilized. It just means there is some serious competition out there these days. What that means is apple and everyone have to step up there games to meet that competition. Which means even better things for us.

The point is apple may not be alone at the top anymore but in my eyes that is a good thing. It doesn't mean they are fossilized. It just means there is some serious competition out there these days. What that means is apple and everyone have to step up there games to meet that competition. Which means even better things for us.
    Excellent reply.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to iPhoneThereforeIAm For This Useful Post:

Simon (03-19-2013)

The only thing thats a fossil is your iphone4. If you like your 4 its a oxymoron to imply you don't like the newer models. They are your model on steroids. Aside from the 500 additional features from that device, the internal components can only be compared by saying your driving a pinto and a ferrari is available.

I like onions.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy View Post
    The only thing thats a fossil is your iphone4. If you like your 4 its a oxymoron to imply you don't like the newer models. They are your model on steroids. Aside from the 500 additional features from that device, the internal components can only be compared by saying your driving a pinto and a ferrari is available.
    You omit the slight issue of money - and the non-iPhone alternatives on which it may be spent.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Someone said onions?

Oh, and I'm not a fan of onions lol
    I'm not afraid of onions.