+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dream JB?

is a discussion within the

Member Written iPhone News

forums, a part of the

iPhone News

section;
http://m.autoworldnews.com/articles/...d-out-when.htm What do you guys make of this?
    Thanks
    Default Dream JB?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default time will tell
    Just have to wait and see if its true or not i think No proof yet though

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,063 Times in 4,205 Posts

Agree when i see the devs post then ill believe it.

Thanks
    That's what was so interesting, he's not affiliated with the dev team. Website and release date is humorous. 12-22-12 lol

2k1
    Thanks

Ya probably fake if I would have to guess about.

Thanks

I'm skeptical, but keeping an open mind... I realize how difficult it is to come up with a jb as the Dev Team have stated and obviously much harder for an individual, but im sure it's not impossible... Having said that, here's what I'm wondering: If this "Dream JB" person is legit and acting alone as he/she says, could it be a blast from the past? Maybe Geohot or Comex? Both could possess the knowledge to do this alone... Geohot for obvious reasons, but Comex is no longer associated with Apple. Could he have some advanced knowledge from his internship there? Also, the timing matches up perfectly with his departure from Apple... There are others that could have the skills too, and that's why i'm not totally dismissing the idea. Like i said, i'm not a believer yet, but I am hopeful... although i'm probably waaaay off... I guess we'll see in 15 days (if we're all still here)

Thanks
    I just don't often see fake jailbreaks having a release date and not charging anything lol and it would be nice to see other people get my five free of apples noose!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boozie View Post
    I'm skeptical, but keeping an open mind... I realize how difficult it is to come up with a jb as the Dev Team have stated and obviously much harder for an individual, but im sure it's not impossible... Having said that, here's what I'm wondering: If this "Dream JB" person is legit and acting alone as he/she says, could it be a blast from the past? Maybe Geohot or Comex? Both could possess the knowledge to do this alone... Geohot for obvious reasons, but Comex is no longer associated with Apple. Could he have some advanced knowledge from his internship there? Also, the timing matches up perfectly with his departure from Apple... There are others that could have the skills too, and that's why i'm not totally dismissing the idea. Like i said, i'm not a believer yet, but I am hopeful... although i'm probably waaaay off... I guess we'll see in 15 days (if we're all still here)
    i was thinking Geohot or Comex guess we might never no who

Thanks

The only downside I can see to this is possibly "burning" an exploit before apple inevitably puts 6.1 out.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,090 Times in 6,938 Posts

Meh, I call fake.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,987 Times in 932 Posts

Sometimes a fresh perspective to a problem spurs innovation.

I think its entirely possible that a unknown hacker can find a jailbreak before the DEV Team.

If I remember right, one of the exploits for a previous jailbreak was from a unknown who gave the exploit to the DEV Team to distribute into a jailbreak method for the public. Please correct me if Im wrong on this

Since this guy did announce a set date, I guess the only way we will truly know if he is legit or not is to wait til the 22nd and see if he actually does release his jailbreak to the public.

It would be nice to see a unknown save the day for the jailbreak community, I sure do miss my jailbreak and cant wait to have one again for my iPod Touch 5g.

Any hope is better than no hope

Thanks
    Thanked 9,626 Times in 5,901 Posts

One can only hope...I believe a jailbreak will happen. I think that it may be naive to think that only the "Dev Team" can crack the security in Apple OS.
    It would be cool to see some new players jumping on board to free our devices.
    I would also agree that releasing a jailbreak before Apple finishes with updates and a final iOS 6.x.x may be a bad idea.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,090 Times in 6,938 Posts

While it is true that the jailbreaks/exploits haven't always come from inside the dev team (or chronic dev team) the people who found them have always been associated or began to be associated with them. Every jailbreak has followed the same pattern of coming out. Not one has come out of the blue with their own website and no association whatsoever with any of the current people involved in the jailbreak dev community (which is far more than just the dev team). That is why I call fake. I have seen this tons of time throughout the years when everyone is waiting for a jailbreak. People posting on here that they have a jailbreak, people posting on twitter that they have one, people saying they are some new "cr8zy n8m3" dev team, people making websites with some elaborate hoax about a forthcoming jailbreak (which is what this one falls into). All the same every time and are very easy to spot.
    I'm not saying the next jailbreak/exploit can't come from a unknown hacker, I am saying it won't come from one who doesn't talk to or make themselves known and accepted by the current jailbreak devs and community.

Thanks
    Well I guess judgement day will tell! Lol

2k1
    Thanks

Ill keep my fingers crossed. A lot of themes coming out love to have on my five

Green Apple
    Thanks

Being too cautious about burning exploits is a good thing but what's the point of the exploit if you never use it? SHAtter? We need Geohot back so these dev teams "will do the right thing". Exploits aren't easy to come by but holding back doesn't make it better.

Thanks
    I really want to try out XBMC on my 5 when the jb comes out! I'm still on iOS 6.0 won't upgrade until something happens

2k1
    Thanks

Xbmc? What is that?

Thanks

I really hope there is a new team other than the dev team. Sick of waiting on them to tell us hardly anything, to not answer our important questions and then to top it of go to some awards ceremony to suck it all up. Im quite bored of them now.

2k1
    Thanks

Well they said stuff before and promised people dates on older jailbreaks and well they didn't make release for reasons personal or just ran into a bump. So it's best to keep quiet and not say anything cause that's when people start expecting stuff. They won't let us down I'm sure. It will come out just have to wait and give them space.