Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: Dream JB?is a discussion within the
Member Written iPhone Newsforums, a part of the
Xbmc= cross bar media center. If you don't have it on your Pc/Mac your missing out! Definitely look it up! Then get the repository for icefilms (shows under unofficial xbmc...
12-10-2012, 12:52 PM #21
Xbmc= cross bar media center. If you don't have it on your Pc/Mac your missing out! Definitely look it up! Then get the repository for icefilms (shows under unofficial xbmc repositories if you google search) Xbmc can run your programs, music, videos, and it's super customizable! Completely open source and the xbmc forum is very informative! Basically it's out for every os. Even Apple TV!
And I went to dreamjb.com just now and he updated it and said he will have video proof of the whole process for 6.0.1 on Wednesday! Fingers crossed....
Last edited by Woejangles; 12-10-2012 at 01:02 PM.
12-10-2012, 01:21 PM #22
I have my doubts on this. But ill keep em crossed and hope
12-12-2012, 05:25 PM #23
12-12-2012, 05:44 PM #24
The FAQ page on dreamjb.com is awesome... Especially the very last point lol
Last edited by Woejangles; 12-12-2012 at 05:54 PM.
12-12-2012, 05:55 PM #25
12-12-2012, 06:03 PM #26
1) If the device were running an actual WebKit exploit, the device would still be on and in userland during that time. It could not have forced an entry into DFU mode from a working OS installation. A reboot may be possible to force, but no reboot occurred.
2) Note that verbose booting cannot occur when a device already has the kernel fully loaded; the device must reboot first.
3) Note that a userland-only jailbreak (which Dream purports to be) cannot set arbitrary boot arguments; therefore, the device cannot run a verbose boot.
4) Note the device is not in DFU mode. DFU mode cannot be entered by a device that has a working OS installation without hardware intervention (i.e., pushing the buttons after a reboot). Further, DFU on a working OS installation will require the Apple logo to display, if only momentarily, before entering the mode.
5) Notice that the "verbose boot" clears itself at the exact point redsn0w is set to. Unless explicitly set to, the verbose boot will not clear or reset the screen.
And my favorite:
6) iOS does not boot into the first page of SpringBoard, it boots into the lock screen. No Cydia tweak would have had an opportunity to change that behavior, either.
Say good night, Gracie...
The Following User Says Thank You to Orby For This Useful Post:
Anthony Bouchard (12-12-2012)
12-12-2012, 06:06 PM #27
12-12-2012, 06:48 PM #28
Good editing of the vid though. Props for that.
Like they say in Missouri, "Show Me".
Time will tell, but In 5 years in the scene I have seen this type of jailbreak hype happen a ton of times. None to date have proven true, (unless it came from the dev-team).
We all would like to be believers...
12-12-2012, 07:40 PM #29
Yeah wish maybe one day someone will come out with one or help the dev team out.
12-12-2012, 07:51 PM #30
12-12-2012, 08:02 PM #31
Well, now we know for sure
Too bad, the wait continues....
I do have a sense of humor and I find this the Best Rick Roll ever
Last edited by The.Drifter; 12-13-2012 at 10:10 AM.
12-12-2012, 08:11 PM #32
12-12-2012, 08:12 PM #33
Fux this I'm getting a droid
And you were all right 😑🔫
Last edited by Woejangles; 12-12-2012 at 08:16 PM.
12-12-2012, 08:17 PM #34
I wouldn't jump overboard yet, a jailbreak will happen.
This guy may even be for real, just don't know for certain, I hope so but probably not. Agree with 2k1, would be nice to see some new blood.
12-12-2012, 08:18 PM #35
Very convincing although still not interested in trying. It will be Interesting to see what happens next.
12-12-2012, 08:20 PM #36
Not real the dreamjb was an experiment or in all likelihood part of that mans semester finals in computer science lol his website says it all
12-12-2012, 08:21 PM #37
12-12-2012, 08:23 PM #38
@woejangles, u can't blame the man for trying, lol. A lot of people want this pretty bad (me included, lol).
12-12-2012, 08:24 PM #39
We go through this every year when the new OS is dropped. Web sites pop up, claims on twitter, all BS. The dev-team are the pros, they have never let us down, and way too much money potentially lost if a jailbreak doesn't happen. I'd bet big money it does.
12-12-2012, 08:24 PM #40
Said to say if that was a virus or something. Lot of people would of been screwed.