Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
10-14-2012, 04:58 PM #1NEW How To Semi-Tether Jailbreak iOS6 For iPhone 4/3Gs & iPod Touch 4 - Redsn0w 0.9.15b
So after a long wait, an official release of redsn0w has landed and this means no more SSH to install cydia, as redsn0w will install it as part of the jailbreak process (as we have come to expect in the past). This is a semi-tethered jailbreak, meaning that once you turn your phone off you cannot access cydia and some other apps until your tether boot. The new version of redsn0w (0.9.15b1) will automatically tether boot your device when it recognises that it is in DFU mode, a handy feature.
1. Download appropriate redsn0w and firmware versions.
2. Open redsn0w > extras > select IPSW file and navigate to your firmware file
3. Click back then hit jailbreak (make sure install cydia box is checked).
4. Place device into DFU mode (redsnow provides tutorial by hitting next)
5. Wait around 10 minutes for device to reboot.
6. If cydia does not show, in redsn0w click extras > just boot and then place into DFU mode again.
7. Wait for device to restart again and you will be jailbroken with cydia!
Last edited by djfeelofficial; 10-15-2012 at 04:08 AM.