+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 5 is a scratch magnet

is a discussion within the

Member Written iPhone News

forums, a part of the

iPhone News

section;
The black one I order arrived scratched near the microphone port out of the box. What happen to Apple's quality control on this one!??? Steve Jobs would be very unhappy.
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

The black one I order arrived scratched near the microphone port out of the box.
    What happen to Apple's quality control on this one!???
    Steve Jobs would be very unhappy.
    Although my white one arrived fine.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,573 Times in 3,861 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by piston597 View Post
    Just did not scratches. The micro scratches like ones on cars where they kinda look like swirls I've seen on my older electronics, none on anything new. Including my iPhone 4. The gorilla glass is built to deter micro scratches and protect against the big ones.
    Gosh I wish that were true.. Most people don't know how to hold their phone to see the surface. It has to be at a precise angle to the light in the room and often can't be seen except in sunlight. I've proven this to scores of my friends who swear they have no scratches. And in every case I can show them that they have zillions of mini scratches. I wish gorilla glass were all they say it is.. It's just not in my experience. I won't fight you, Piston. But I'll bet I could show you too. The good thing is that most Best Buy places don't know how to see the surface either and give you full trade in value... :-).. But I'm nut about my phone being scratchless and I used Invisishield until a recent thread on another forum SWORE there was no way to scratch Gorilla glass and people don't need Invisishield type products. So, against my better judgement I took my shield off. LOVE the feel without it -- but within 7 days - started to see the mini scratches again.. Never again...

I hear Invisishield's new HD product feels more like glass, less like rubber.

Thanks

I have had 2 palm pre, Samsung Vibrant, Droid X, and now the 4s. I don't care if it's scratch resistant, bullet proof, or waterproof, I always get a case. These products cost too much $ to not care of ur shiznit

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12