+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SYN - is sinful

is a discussion within the

Member Written iPhone News

forums, a part of the

iPhone News

section;
I got a message on Facebook that one of my friends was recommending Syn - an iPhone app that gets contact information from FB so you have to give it
    Thanks

Default SYN - is sinful
    I got a message on Facebook that one of my friends was recommending Syn - an iPhone app that gets contact information from FB so you have to give it access to FB.

I am very careful about allowing anything to post to my FB account but Syn posted to all my friends that I was recommending it.

I have now deleted this appalling App and would thoroughly recommend that everyone avoids this like the plague.

It is posting itself - it is a virus. Do not fall for it.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

I complained to iTunes about this App.
    They refunded my money and said they would look into it. I thought that was a decent response.
    I then received another email asking if the response was satisfactory as I hadn't replied.
    I then replied to say I was satisfied and thanked them for their help and thought that was the end of it.
    I just received this:
    Dear Confucious,

This is Santosh from the iTunes Store Customer Support. You're welcome and thank you for replying. I'm so glad to hear that the assistance provided to you was satisfactory.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Remember support is just an email away if needed. I wish you the best and hope you continue to enjoy the iTunes Store.

You've truly been a remarkable asset to the iTunes Store Family and as such I will be closing this response as needed.

Have a nice day!

Sincerely,

Santosh
    iTunes Store/Mac App Store Customer Support
    It's nice to see good CS - I'm quick enough to complain when it's bad so just thought I'd let you know that iTunes does provide good CS - at least in this case!
    YMMV
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.