+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple iNews

is a discussion within the

Member Written iPhone News

forums, a part of the

iPhone News

section;
Watch "Nightline" anchor Bill Weir's exclusive full report on a special edition of "Nightline," "iFactory: Inside Apple," TUESDAY, Feb. 21 at 11:35 p.m. ET/PT, with a preview on "Good Morning
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Default Apple iNews
    Watch "Nightline" anchor Bill Weir's exclusive full report on a special edition of "Nightline," "iFactory: Inside Apple," TUESDAY, Feb. 21 at 11:35 p.m. ET/PT, with a preview on "Good Morning America" and "World News with Diane Sawyer," all on ABC.

A Trip to The iFactory: 'Nightline' Gets an Unprecedented Glimpse Inside Apple's Chinese Core - Yahoo! News

Should be a good show on tuesday.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

2. The Following User Says Thank You to one1 For This Useful Post:

blkcadi (02-21-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Starting NOW on ABC.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Thanks
    Thanked 9,669 Times in 5,934 Posts

Good stuff, thanks for the heads up juan1. Some of it blew my mind. A million employees.............not going to stand on the soapbox. Zowie.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Cool BREAKING NEWS FOR iPHONE USERS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    IT IS AN INFERIOR DEVICE! STOP BEING BRAINWASHED AND CORRUPTED BY THE MONOPOLIZING LEACHES OF APPLE! THERE ARE FAR SUPERIOR ALTERNATIVES!!!

Now, more seriously conveyed, there are much better things out there then iPhone or iPad or all of the "i" products. Apple intentionally limits all aspects of it's devices capabilities in order to make any alternative other than paying them more of your money, tiringly discuraging. They limit compatibility of widely used programs and formats so that you either have to buy what others get for free, or are forced to go through back doors, breaking warranties(jailbreaking) and endless other processes that are pointlessly wasting your time.
    To be honest with everyone, I will admit, I was once an ignorant and foolish user of the all empowered iPhone! And at the time, it was vastly superior to it's counterparts available at the time. But once other manufacturers, got their hands on them, opened them up and analyzed it to it's tiniest detail, they created their own versions with their own added innovative ideas. At first, some fell short, but eventually, they got it right and now there are numerous competitors that you should seriously consider inquiring about. Don't feel like you're incompitent with another smart phone. I know the OS for the iPhone is entirely unique....but I assure you, you're capable of adapting. You did it when they went to digital capable with it's big boxes and crazy controls and overwhelming number of channels, you'll do it when we all go to 3D cable when it eventually hits the masses in their homes. If you consider those changes you've probably made without much thought....you really going to get nervous and scared of a little phone? Basic functions...dial number...put to ear...talk. The rest will become second nature in time.
    Last edited by iHaterExtraordinaire; 03-15-2012 at 08:50 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Yea but phones are more than just dial number put to ear anymore. Phones have become the consumption tool. It has become more than just a phone and some people hardly use it as a phone anymore at that. Everyone has different reasons for getting an iPhone. I used to try all sort of phones; even after having iPhones, but the OS has been polished in the form that I like the best out of BB or Android or Nokia(although the e71 was a fine machine). And unlike some Android devices my old 3GS is still getting OS upgrade love and is working like day one.

It's all personal preference. And there are the few that are doing following the trend.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I agree,that it's all preference. To clarify, I am entirely aware phones are hardly used for their first intended purpose which is calling. I was just explaining that it's still a phone. There was a time when most people used a land line to make a phone call, and at its root core function, a cell phone, along with smart phones, are still just phones. Start with what you know, and don't be timid to break free from the clutches of the unique OS of iPhone. I'm not denying that its OS is easily used by most, whether they be smart phone savvy, or a novice. It's very well made. But I also have no doubt that it was designed SO unlike any other for the purpose of users becoming dependant on their OS in order to increase repeating customers due to the "fear of the unknown" OS. In short, I admit that the siphoned is a finely crafted phone. Like I admittedly stated previously, I was once a fellow user of the iPhone. And still to date, I've never had a smartphone with as smooth an operating system. Far less glitches and freezing then any other. The "glitch" is the company who makes them. They're on a war path to own the individual person in all aspects of their life and make them dependant upon them. And they'll be happy to accommodated.
    .. for a price, of course.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

But that is for the most part how companies work. They are in it for the money. What company is not in it for the money and not in it for repeat users. And they found a way of giving updated devices without giving a full update to keep users baited. That is a great business. Most of their iDevices are majorly upgraded every other device so that way people still feel ok not upgrading yearly. But that next jump is big enough to grab those users. My wife has the 3GS and I have the iPhone 4. The wife is perfectly happy with the 3GS because it still does everything she likes and is still current. I skipped the 4S because it just didn't have anything to pull me from the 4 except Siri maybe. So I will just wait till next gen. They make well built products too which helps.

But point of that is companies are ran for money. This goes for the non-profit companies too. The more money they make the more money they can give back to their cause. Apple has figured out a pattern that works very well. One of the keys to a well run business is return customers