Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "Enabled" Packages Popular Tweaks Together

Josh. I think I love you.

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    can someone validate optimo's accusation?
    If he did steal this then it is copyright infringement.
    Take this up with optimo and the developer of which he is referring to, Filippo Bigarella. I'm simply the messenger. Obviously if this infringement, it will be removed. I'm friends with Filippo and I use Springtomize also.

I maintain TheBigBoss repo. This Rees character is from the group of TAIH that seem to always 'reconfigure' someone elses hard work as their own.
    I have his submission in front of me. I'm more than qualified to give you the real lowdown.

Obviously, we are wise enough to see through it. Rees/TAIH never receives our declines because they don't answer emails; he probably is assuming it will be on Cydia soon but that won't be happening if I can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by optimo View Post
    I maintain TheBigBoss repo. This Rees character is from the group of TAIH that seem to always 'reconfigure' someone elses hard work as their own.
    I have his submission in front of me. I'm more than qualified to give you the real lowdown.

Obviously, we are wise enough to see through it. Rees/TAIH never receives our declines because they don't answer emails; he probably is assuming it will be on Cydia soon but that won't be happening if I can help it.
    Thanks for taking the necessary steps as it would seem this issue has been going on much longer.

By all means, for anyone reading this; if you like this idea of a combo-tweak suite, go and check out Springtomize on Cydia.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Is someone accusing him of giving out tweaks for free that someone made? Don't we see tweaks or apps that have the same use? This is free and he isn't selling for money

Thanks

I already paid for springtomized but not everyone can pay so if someone is making tweaks for free don't discourage him and stop calling him names what's his motivation here? Does free means hidden payment.and I like to say this it's about time developers start accepting liberty reserve as payment not everyone has a credit card that's why there are so many crack repos out there why won't someone use a crack version of an app if he or she has no cc to buy it? You should know by now that most people that jb their idevices are outside of the US

You are bringing other subjects into this conversation. It's not necessary to mix-up the topic here.

This Rees person has done none of the real work. He is a thief no matter if this is made available as a free package. Again, he did not 'make a tweak', he has only renamed some labels and put his name into the preference panes. I don't understand his motivations but I don't need to. Release of this package would be directly damagin the rightful author, Mr Biga.

It would not suprise me if Rees obtained Springtomize for free from a pirate repo and doesn't notice or care eitherway that it's a pay package. He and others from the TAIH group have a track record of doing this. They have done similar with: Badges (twice), NoWiggle, Springtomize (twice), and some other things. Some of these are pay, some are not. That is just what I can recall of the top of my head.
    Last edited by optimo; 05-11-2011 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I may be opening myself up for ridicule... but what exactly is "Tapper" and "Tapper Size"?

This tweak package looks very promising though!
    EDIT: Didn't know about Springtomize... if these accusations are true, this Nathan guy is a segment of the JB community that give all of us a bad name.

By all means, for anyone reading this; if you like this idea of a combo-tweak suite, go and check out Springtomize on Cydia.
    Will do! I hate pirates, thieves, and the like.
    Last edited by j.eck.art.3d; 05-11-2011 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

You are bringing other subjects into this conversation. It's not necessary to mix-up the topic here.

This Rees person has done none of the real work. He is a thief no matter if this is made available as a free package. Again, he did not 'make a tweak', he has only renamed some labels and put his name into the preference panes. I don't understand his motivations but I don't need to. Release of this package would be directly damagin the rightful author, Mr Biga.

It would not suprise me if Rees obtained Springtomize for free from a pirate repo and doesn't notice or care eitherway that it's a pay package. He and others from the TAIH group have a track record of doing this. They have done similar with: Badges (twice), NoWiggle, Springtomize (twice), and some other things. Some of these are pay, some are not. That is just what I can recall of the top of my head.
    Ok I know I brought in other topic but maybe it's worth considering and this is one of the platforms I can raise this.but reason if people can buy they won't care about free apps whether pirated or not
    But as to whether he is a thief or not you know better than I do so I will leave it there the writer of this article need to check this out and let us know

If his tweaks were different than the ones in Springtomize, then I don't see the big deal. BUT, if they are the same tweaks just renamed and distributed freely, then him and his programs should be banned from every repo, until he removes the tweaks in question.

However, there's a flipside to this: if no one else can make or use a tweak that someone else has made, then how does Springtomize even exist in its current state? It uses tweaks that can be found elsewhere, doesn't it? Aren't we simply paying for the convenience of having them all compiled into one place?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

area51crypto (05-12-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by j.eck.art.3d View Post
    I may be opening myself up for ridicule... but what exactly is "Tapper" and "Tapper Size"?

This tweak package looks very promising though!

Will do! I hate pirates, thieves, and the like.
    Hahahaha You now even hearing about springtomized how is life in the jungle son?

Quote Originally Posted by godfred212 View Post
    Hahahaha You now even hearing about springtomized how is life in the jungle son?
    that was helpful. thanks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    If his tweaks were different than the ones in Springtomize, then I don't see the big deal. BUT, if they are the same tweaks just renamed and distributed freely, then him and his programs should be banned from every repo, until he removes the tweaks in question.

However, there's a flipside to this: if no one else can make or use a tweak that someone else has made, then how does Springtomize even exist in its current state? It uses tweaks that can be found elsewhere, doesn't it? Aren't we simply paying for the convenience of having them all compiled into one place?
    You are right on this one did the developer of springtomized wrote all those tweaks? We are simply paying for the convenience of having all of them in one place

Quote Originally Posted by godfred212 View Post
    You are right on this one did the developer of springtomized wrote all those tweaks? We are simply paying for the convenience of having all of them in one place
    A tweak is not the idea but the implementation. Springtomize is a collection of tweak ideas all combined into one single tweak library. The author of Springtomize did the honest labor of writing the code for all these ideas for himself. They are borrowed ideas perhaps, but not borrowed or stolen implementations, or amalgamations of multiple dylib files into one.

Thanks

A tweak is not the idea but the implementation. Springtomize is a collection of tweak ideas all combined into one single tweak library. The author of Springtomize did the honest labor of writing the code for all these ideas for himself. They are borrowed ideas perhaps, but not borrowed or stolen implementations, or amalgamations of multiple dylib files into one.
    I can imagine your job is very hard having to jump on every comment I bet you will have just an hour sleep today If you gonna keep doing this don't mind me anyway lol

This 'Enabled' product is the real flipside. Rees just uses the well-made Springtomize.dylb, but redesigns the preference panels, reorganizes them and puts his name onto them. The preference panles are trivially modified with text editor, with the implementations of the tweaks still originatingin the code from the Springtomize library. What Rees aimed to do with his package was so brazenly foolish he does not even consider renaming the dylib he's stealing. Every file in his package has all the earmarks that it came from Springtomize.

Thanks

This 'Enabled' product is the real flipside. Rees just uses the well-made Springtomize.dylb, but redesigns the preference panels, reorganizes them and puts his name onto them. The preference panles are trivially modified with text editor, with the implementations of the tweaks still originatingin the code from the Springtomize library. What Rees aimed to do with his package was so brazenly foolish he does not even consider renaming the dylib he's stealing. Every file in his package has all the earmarks that it came from Springtomize.
    Oh This so called thief won't get rest today hahaha stop stealing if this allegation is true and sit your *** down and Learn how to come out with your own ideas

Stealing is stealing. If I put my name on something someone else made and try to sell it as mine, I am infringing on his work and copyright. That is clearly theft. There is no sense in arguing the point. A counterfeit is stealing. Even if no money is involved, he is is stealing rightful sales from the originator of the idea (in this case an app).

Any other discussion is just white noise. It's not about ANYTHING other than theft. If you steal (hack) an app, you are stealing. Your mom told you it is wrong to steal. Don't you listen to your mom?
    Senior

21. The Following User Says Thank You to mr117 For This Useful Post:

confucious (05-20-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post

Very correct statement. Springtomize is a rip-off thief app itself. It takes everyone else's pay for tweaks and compiles them into one app. So Springtomize is also just as wrong.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast