Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: White iPhone 4 screen has been cropped??

Default White iPhone 4 screen has been cropped??
    I was one of the lucky ones to get a white i4 on release day last week. After I got done marveling over the white exterior I immediately noticed that the screen does NOT extend all the way out the edge of the phone. There seems to be a black barrier about 1cm thick that surrounds the whole entire screen!

This I am not happy with. If you notice, the iPhone 4 original has the screen extending all the way to the edge. Now some of you may know this and some may not but if you have ever had to get your screen replaced on your black i4 then you probably have the black barrier that I speak of. Only the factory stock i4's have the full screen extended without the barrier. Why is this? I have no idea but it frustrates me alot.

If you dont believe me look for your self. Compare your white i4 to a black i4 (one that hasnt had the screen changed) and see for yourself. its Bull$hit!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

My black ip4 looks like that. I'm on it right now. Looks fine. Just isn't noticeable on a black phone.

Did you get it brand new out of the box and never had your screen replaced. My was definitely not like that. I have studied it before.

Thanks

No i got it new. I had both at&t before and now Verizon both new, they're all like that. I mean maybe the newer ones after the first release of the black wasn't like that but I got my AT&T one in September and my Verizon in February.

my black phone has this also, its not unique to just the white bro

Like A Boss

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ya my black one with verizon has it as well, but as previously stated its harder to see on the black ones....

Its normal
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks

I really just think it isn't noticeable in fact, it's hard to see on the black iPhone. I didn't even know it was there until I saw this thread. I've had my iPhone 4 as mentioned since September so I'm gonna guess nobody really knows it is there until they 1) read this thread or 2) get the white iPhone

Thanks
    Thanked 3,156 Times in 1,355 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    I really just think it isn't noticeable in fact, it's hard to see on the black iPhone. I didn't even know it was there until I saw this thread. I've had my iPhone 4 as mentioned since September so I'm gonna guess nobody really knows it is there until they 1) read this thread or 2) get the white iPhone
    Agreed. My black ip4 has the band and I never even noticed it on the white ip4 I got for my wife on launch day. Now I see it but didn't prior to this thread...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbymodmyi.jpg  

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

It is normal and it is only about 1mm thick. A 1cm border would be quite noticeable and would definitely be grounds to be upset.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Never noticed it before . Also on a 3GS 4.2.1. Offset by 1 pixel on the left side only. BTW: Stock message icon w/added text

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -3gs-4.2.1.png  
    Last edited by Mes; 05-03-2011 at 01:08 PM.

I guess i stand corrected

Thanks

You should be happy lol. That means your phone isn't all whack and cropped and that's how iPhones have always been. I'd be relieved to know I didn't lose a mm of my screen

Lmao Annie

Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks

Lol isn't that right Wes? How would you feel if Apple yanked a mm off your screen?

A whole mm lol

You guys crack me up lol

Thanks

No I'm serious! I'm really not being sarcastic! I think 3.5" is a decent sized screen but it'd be nice to have a bigger screen. But if you know the iPhone only has 3.5 right now I'd want every bit of that 3.5.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Lol isn't that right Wes? How would you feel if Apple yanked a mm off your screen?
    "Where's The Beef!" resurrected

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast