+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: TomTom selling data

is a discussion within the

Member Written iPhone News

forums, a part of the

iPhone News

section;
So, now TomTom have apologised for selling data to the police so they can put speed cameras up where people speed most, how many people are happy that TomTom were
    Thanks

Default TomTom selling data
    So, now TomTom have apologised for selling data to the police so they can put speed cameras up where people speed most, how many people are happy that TomTom were trying to 'improve road safety'?

And how many are just glad they use CoPiloy instead?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Let me give you some advice that has cost me well over 1000 dollars while traveling EUROPE!
    1. obey the speed limit and you do NOT have to worry about the damn speed traps. (between 20 and 200.00 per violation.
    2. wear your seatbelt. 50.00 per violation
    3. have your first aid kit up to date. 20.00 per violation
    4. when your tomtom beeps that you are going too fast, there IS a reason.

In europe, tomtom has the best quality, but the fact that they were selling MY favorite places to speed does piss me off.
    unklbyl

Thanks

Depends where you are in Europe, here in the UK I much prefer CoPilot to TomTom.
    I've only been done for speeding twice in far to many years to remember, the last time was 6 years ago and luckily I'd slowed down so was only doing 96. If you're doing over 100MPH it's normally a ban. But that was a video camera in a car so CoPilot couldn't help

Seat belts are compulsory here.
    First Aid kits are not.
    CoPilot (and presumably TomTom) only beep when the speed traps are active, if it doesn't beep and your camera info is up to date you should be OK - not that I ever speed anyway...
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.