Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia Adds Account Management!

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Cydia Adds Account Management!

One of the most requested updates to Cydia has finally arrived! SaurikIT has updated Cydia to allow you to manage your account. After logging in just like you would if you were going to purchase something in Cydia, you are taken to an account homescreen that identifies what account it is and gives you the ability to view the packages you have purchased through Cydia.

Before you cry in outrage that some of your packages are not showing up, Saurik does point out a few reasons this may be the case:

• The package might be discontinued by the vendor. I have spent a bunch of time figuring out how to maintain a list of what is "currently hosted", so this list only includes things that are available.
    • You probably logged in with the wrong account. Remember: Cydia does not ever use PayPal or Amazon accounts for login, only for payment.
    • You purchased the product directly from the vendor, and Cydia does not keep the records for that transaction.
    • You didn't buy this product from Cydia, you bought it from Rock. In this case, while Cydia has tried very hard to automatically connect together accounts "as if by magic", sometimes you will need to manually associate your Rock account.
    Please keep in mind that Cydia has no way of linking multiple logins with the same account. Therefore, if you purchased something in Cydia and it's not showing up on your facebook linked account, try it with your google account (or one of your multiple Facebook accounts you Farmville fiends!). Yes, this includes those of you swearing that you bought it on account "x" and it isn't showing up. Go ahead and try your other account(s).

Also, for those packages described that are bought directly from the vendor, such as SmartScreen, the packages will still show up as Officially Purchased when you go to them in Cydia, however that is enabled on the vendors end of everything and thus they will not show up in the list.

I for one have been waiting for this feature for quite a while now and I'm certain just about everyone else has too. It's been annoying trying to recall some of the less often used packages I bought way back in the original days of Cydia. Thankfully the solution has finally arrived!
    Last edited by mortopher; 01-19-2011 at 02:44 PM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mortopher For This Useful Post:

Karla18 (01-22-2011), Sassybreeze (04-05-2011), Simon (01-19-2011), unklbyl (01-19-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,539 Times in 7,105 Posts

Very nice feature. I never realized how many I have purchased and dont even use anymore.

Nice facebook pic there btw lol

Thanks

Thank you so much for posting this. I just found out that infiniboard is now available for the ipad, and installed it. I owe you a beer! If you ever come to germany, i will buy you a rack! (that's 20 beer for you stateside troops)
    unklbyl

Thanks

Ha! A simple thanks is more than enough unklbyl... I sobered up almost five years ago.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Its simple but works

Thanks

In lookin over my purchased packages, it reminded me that wifi sync was supposed to be having a major update released in December. I wonder whatever happened to that.

Thanks

Am I the only one the pictures aren't working for anymore?

Thanks

Interesting. On my Mac, the images all show up, but when I try it in the MMi app, the images fail.

Thanks

Ya, they are failing for me now, but they worked earlier.