Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tetherme

Default Tetherme
    From @MuscleNerd
    For those wise enough to not spend ridiculous $20 on MyWi, look into the $2 TetherMe app now, and yet another in next week
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

i cant find it on cydia =0(
    "Jane, get me off this crazy thing !!!!"

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

^^Look again. It's there.

all i can see is an app called "tether" from big boss repo.. maybe i dont have the right repo???

ok just popped up.. installing now...cheers

ok one more thng.. where can i find the tetherme toggle for sb settings or is that not up yet?
    Last edited by evolasme; 08-14-2010 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Jane, get me off this crazy thing !!!!"

its there all one word tetherme suposidly its now working on ios4 devices anyone try it?

UPDATE Im reading now that this app does support wifi tethering. But an app due to be released next week for $2 will.
    Last edited by iphone565; 08-15-2010 at 02:07 AM.

Hi
    I downloaded tetherme but wanted to know about charging. Im wuth o2 ireland and they allow tethering but charge an absolute fortune to do it. even though i have 3 gb of data in my bundle it can not be uses to tether!!!
    After downloading this app i realised theres no icon. You just turn tethering on through settings.*
    My question is will my carrier know that this data usage is tethering and charge me for it????
    Hiw can i verify this without using it then getting a monster bill.*

Thanks in advance.

if you read the description in cydia it explains that "the data it uses appears to come from the phone itself"

If your data plan does not include tethering you 'could' be charged.
    My data plan does include tethering but I am not with an official carrier so this is ideal for me.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Tested it out and without tetherme I have a "tethering data usage" reading in the network settings. When I install tetherme I have only got "cellular data usage" reading.

Fantastic app.

iPhone? More like MyPhone rugbrn's Avatar
    Thanks

just installed the latest update for tetherme and now all my apps get resized and unusable... I attached images and am in the process of restoring..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0158.png   -img_0159.png  
    I think, therefore I Jailbreak.

Is the SBSettings toggle up yet? If so, what source?

I think is the SBSetting Tethering Toggle

That's it!! SBSettings Tethering is what needs to be searched. Thanks!!