+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Gates: Apple is 'a force in doing good things'

is a discussion within the

Member Written iPhone News

forums, a part of the

iPhone News

section;
<object id="cnbcplayer" height="380" width="400" classid="clsid 27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,0,0" > <param name="type" value="application/x-shockwave-flash"/> <param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"/> <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"/> <param name="quality" value="best"/> <param name="scale" value="noscale" /> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"/> <param name="bgcolor" value="#000000"/>
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

Default Gates: Apple is 'a force in doing good things'
    <object id="cnbcplayer" height="380" width="400" classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,0,0" >
    <param name="type" value="application/x-shockwave-flash"/>
    <param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"/>
    <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"/>
    <param name="quality" value="best"/>
    <param name="scale" value="noscale" />
    <param name="wmode" value="transparent"/>
    <param name="bgcolor" value="#000000"/>
    <param name="salign" value="lt"/>
    <param name="movie" value="http://plus.cnbc.com/rssvideosearch/action/player/id/1328638028/code/cnbcplayershare"/>
    <embed name="cnbcplayer" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" bgcolor="#000000" height="380" width="400" quality="best" wmode="transparent" scale="noscale" salign="lt" src="http://plus.cnbc.com/rssvideosearch/action/player/id/1328638028/code/cnbcplayershare" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" />
    </object>

I want to be a force for good. Doesn't everyone?
    Which is why I was delighted to be moved by the words of Microsoft's Bill Gates during a CNBC TV special in which he and Warren Buffett discussed the meaning of life. Or something similar.
    Asked by an audience member what he thought of Steve Jobs and Apple, Gates began with an insouciant smile.
    Then he tossed garlands of roses and pearls of praise at the Apple co-founder.

He said: "He's done a fantastic job."
    Which was charming in itself. But he continued to describe how Jobs saved Apple: "He brought in a team, he brought in inspiration about great products and design that's made Apple back into being an incredible force in doing good things."
    So, from now on, everyone who happens to be a fanperson of either brand should seek out one of his or her supposed mortal enemies, hold hands with them and see if, together, they cannot try to be a force for good things too.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Thanks
    Thanked 9,105 Times in 2,700 Posts

Gates was an early developer for the Mac, always admired the Mac's GUI and encouraged Apple to open source the OS even while he was developing what turned into Windows. The boy ain't dumb.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

Whatever people say. Bill gates is a good guy

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Gates and Jobs have been on stage together several times talking together complementary. Nothing new, just what most don't realize is how close the two companies work together on several products.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Thanks

It's funny how when people talk about 'enemies' they usually don't know what they are talking about....

Microsoft saved Apple before, now they don't need too as Mr Jobs is doing it for them. Mr Gates has a lot to thank him for....
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    It's funny how when people talk about 'enemies' they usually don't know what they are talking about....

Microsoft saved Apple before, now they don't need too as Mr Jobs is doing it for them. Mr Gates has a lot to thank him for....
    WTF are you talking about?

Thanks

What part do you need explaining?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    What part do you need explaining?
    All of it. Try it in English.

Thanks

I never knew that Microsoft and Apple were that close. An awesome reply from Bill Gates.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bengo View Post
    All of it. Try it in English.
    If you didnt understand I would try hitting yourself in the head with a big book a few times.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME