Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia's Unexplained Crash Fixes

Default None of these Worked!
    Im on 4.1 and none of these fixes worked. I just tried uninstalling a bad repo and out of nowhere my cydia started crashing every time. I figured the "bad repo" would work.
    It did not. LUCKILY, i just sshd to var/lib/cydia and deleted metdata.plist and metdata.plist%. This fixed cydia! the only other thing it did was make all the manual repositories show up as installed by package ?? Weird.

SOS someone please help. I'm at my wits end on this. Had to restore, MyWi screwed up wifi, restored again, now Cydia not loading. I've since restored and relailbroke several times since but to no avail. Each restore tried different things in attempt to fix Cydia:
    1) normal restore jailbreak. Cydia starts to load, shows errors, resprings, then never fully loads after that (like all else have found I think).
    2) restore, jailbreak, Cydia load with Pkg BackUp contact renamed to Pkg xyz. =same result.
    3) restore, jailbreak, Cydia load with Pkg BackUp deleted from contacts. =same result.

Info: iPhone 3GS, restored with 3.1.2, BB 05.11.07, JB: Blackra1n

please help! I need my tethering back in a bad way. Please inform if any further info is required. Thanks in advance!!!

Thumbs up Couldn't fix Cydia, jailbroke to 4.1.2... so there! :)
    well, no matter what I tried to get Cydia working again in jailbroken 3.1.2 would not work. So, after much online studying, I jailbroke to 4.1.2 with sn0wbreeze 2.2.1 and unlocked with ultrsn0w in Cydia. It was not painless and took about three tries with sn0wbreeze and iTunes, but I finally got it!

So far the unlock is good and everything seems to be working. Now to try to get MyWi working again (which is what put me in this situation in the first place! )

Thanks anyway...

I have some trouble when I go to my Cydia downloads "Manage" list. I guess I have a lot of stuff installed, because three times out of five I'll scroll down the list and it will crash. Funny thing is, if I jump to the letter I can browse just fine, it's only when I scroll down I have problems.

I know it's not a system memory problem, because no other program is open. I'm assuming it's a problem with how Cydia caches the list.

Thanks
    Default umm yeaa
    Number 7 worked great! Thanks
    mannnnnn, i'll get to this later

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12