+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple, AT&T sued for lack of MMS capability

is a discussion within the

Member Written iPhone News

forums, a part of the

iPhone News

section;
TG Daily - "Apple, AT&T sued for lack of MMS capability [quote]A class action started in a Louisana district court alleging that Apple and AT&T touted the iPhone as supporting
    iPhone? More like MyPhone timbo's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple, AT&T sued for lack of MMS capability
    TG Daily - "Apple, AT&T sued for lack of MMS capability

[quote]A class action started in a Louisana district court alleging that Apple and AT&T touted the iPhone as supporting MMS (multimedia messaging service) but have not as yet provided the service.

The plaintiffs allege that Apple "advertised heavily that the new version of iPhone, the 3G, as well as the even newer version the 3G-S would allow MMS. Apple's print and video advertisements in and on television, the internet, the radio, newspapers and direct mailers all touted the availability of MMS." AT&T advertised the same functionality, the filing says.

But since the launch, in the USA, such functionality is not yet available. The court filing says the AT&T Answer Center page said: "Customers who are sent a MMS message and own a non-MMS capable device will receive a text message instead of an actual MMS message."

But, the filing alleges: "AT&T is not a carrier which offers MMS! Of course, AT&T is the only carrier in the United States used by the iPhone. In other words, AT&T's towers do not support MMS."

Apple, says the filings, has revealed that AT&T has never upgraded its towers so as to support MMS functionality. "The only excuse offered by AT&T and Apple is a mouseprint disclaimer on the website, in barely readable font, which reads 'MMS Support from AT&T coming in late summer'"."
    Thanks,

Timbo

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

That's to funny! Because we all know it works but AT&T keeps blocking it. Maybe now they will speed it up a bit and let us finally have it.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

lol. I doubt this will do anything

Green Apple
    Thanks

Finally a fire is lit under AT&T's rear end regarding MMS. Five minutes for an iPhone MMS to go through?Now if they would just put up a 3G tower in my area......

Theme Creator
    Thanks

Uh, yeah...good luck with that. are these guys serious? By the time they even get around to taking the issue to court, it will be out (sometime around late summer...2013).

Thanks

Doubt anything will come from this but they're right I mean this is getting flat out retarded! We should have all had this feature MONTHS ago. AT&T is draging the hell out of their feet and it's getting extremely old.
    160GB iPod Classic
    8GB 2G - Firmware 2.2.1 PWN'D
    8GB 3G - Firmware 3.0 PWN'D
    16GB 3G S - Firmware 3.0 Ra1n'n Purple
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

takes 30 seconds to send on on my 2g but i will switch to a 3g once att allows MMS officially
    Same username on: hondatech, 7thgenhonda, clubrsx, orlandoforums, civicforums

Green Apple
    Thanks

well summer is almost over.. so they better get the move on