+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Games Reign Among Most Popular iPhone Apps

is a discussion within the

Member Written iPhone News

forums, a part of the

iPhone News

section;
According to Distimo application analysts, iPhone owners are more likely than any other mobile handset users to purchase games to play on their device. Research by these analysts showed that
    Thanks

Default Games Reign Among Most Popular iPhone Apps

According to Distimo application analysts, iPhone owners are more likely than any other mobile handset users to purchase games to play on their device.

Research by these analysts showed that
    nine of the 15 most purchased apps for Apple's smartphone were games.
    This comes as a bit of a surprise when compared with other phones on the market touting game support, including Google's Android G1 device, whose top 15 most downloaded applications from it's respective store included zero games. Distimo reports the same trend for free apps between the two competitors as well.

I found this interesting as it truly does show the iPhone emerging as a major (or at least minor) gaming platform, while this same pattern does not apply to other comparable competitors, hopefully a sign of things to come!

Source: Most Popular iPhone Apps Unlike Other Phones - PC World

Thoughts, MMi?
    Last edited by ALL DAY; 08-08-2009 at 09:14 PM.
    Respect your elders.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Makes perfect sense as the iphone has never been dealt as a "business" phone.

PS- Nice sig

Thanks

This is most interesting news. I didn't know that none of the G1's tops apps were games but 9 of 15 are games on iPhone. I guess it makes since being that the iPhone is marketed mostly as a heavy media device which it is. I mean hell after all it does have one of the most popular media players in the world built right in.
    160GB iPod Classic
    8GB 2G - Firmware 2.2.1 PWN'D
    8GB 3G - Firmware 3.0 PWN'D
    16GB 3G S - Firmware 3.0 Ra1n'n Purple
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Makes perfect sense as the iphone has never been dealt as a "business" phone.

PS- Nice sig
    Yeah, indeed. And thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by A_DuB187 View Post
    This is most interesting news. I didn't know that none of the G1's tops apps were games but 9 of 15 are games on iPhone. I guess it makes since being that the iPhone is marketed mostly as a heavy media device which it is. I mean hell after all it does have one of the most popular media players in the world built right in.
    True. Just as CPJR said, since it's more of a media device, it should be expected. I just couldn't believe the G1 didn't have one game as a top app, though since that's not really a business-oriented device either.
    Respect your elders.