+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UK SatNav next week?

is a discussion within the

Member Written iPhone News

forums, a part of the

iPhone News

section;
    Thanks

Default UK SatNav next week?
    ALK makers of CoPilot hope to have Version 8 available with UK maps in the App store next week.

Price is expected to be similar to the Android version which retails at 25.99

It is the one app I have really missed since my defection from Windows Mobile and I am really looking forward to it. By far the best SatNav app for mobile devices IMHO.

I just hope Apple won't take months to approve it!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

^ Sounds cool. Damn u Apple! Approve already

Thanks

I've been using CoPilot for 5 years now and have really missed it since getting the iPhone. This is one release I am looking forward to.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

But its the ones that you look forward to that get declined after 6 months of sitting on Apple's desk.

Thanks

I believe this will actually be available in the app store next week

Thanks

Is it Uk only, do they do other countries?
    iPhone 4 | iMac 24" | MacBook Pro 15" | ATV | iPod Classic | Time Capsule | iPad 16 Gb |

Thanks

They do other countries, including Australia, but I am not sure when it will be released in other markets.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

nickh (08-04-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    They do other countries, including Australia, but I am not sure when it will be released in other markets.
    Ahh, nice one, I have pretty much given up on Tom tom, thought it may have been a few weeks after it was shown off at the WWDC month or so ago. But still nothing!! Will give this a go if it comes out before hand.

Cheers for the reply
    iPhone 4 | iMac 24" | MacBook Pro 15" | ATV | iPod Classic | Time Capsule | iPad 16 Gb |

Thanks

I believe TomTom is due out in August some time but you will need their holder (with additional GPS receiver) so will be expensive.
    ALK have enhanced the iPhone's very poor GPS via software.
    I prefer CoPilot to TomTom anyway but it will be interesting to see how they compare.

Thanks

And the hits just keep on comin..

Was going to get Sygic app, been out in Oz for a few months now but the reviews aren't the best. You have sold me, I'm going with CoPilot.

Cheers for the heads up mate.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    ALK makers of CoPilot hope to have Version 8 available with UK maps in the App store next week.

Price is expected to be similar to the Android version which retails at 25.99

It is the one app I have really missed since my defection from Windows Mobile and I am really looking forward to it. By far the best SatNav app for mobile devices IMHO.

I just hope Apple won't take months to approve it!
    You must be the same Confucious in the HTC Athena forum then. How are you my friend? Good to see you again here. You made the right decision much sooner than I did. I took a longer detour before "seeing the light".

Still vividly remember your strong preference for Copilot and our discussion comparing it with TomTom and iGo then. The lack of navigation software was one of the reasons I took longer to adopt iPhone (G-Map's release was one of the key factors making me comfortable enough to make the switch), but now we have Sygic and Navigon in the Applestore. Tom Tom and Copilot will be coming soon. Let's hope iGO, Garmin, Mapking and the rest will make it too.
    Last edited by eaglesteve; 08-04-2009 at 02:40 AM.

Thanks

Hi Eaglesteve, it is indeed me. CoPilot on the Athena was awesome but since I donated my Athena to the AP team I only have it on my Universal now.

It will be interesting to see what other offerings come along for the iPhone but, as you know, I do like CoPilot.

Nice to see you have finally come across to 'the dark side' - enjoy your iPhone

Thanks

Any info on the design yet? Is it using iPhone style UI like Navigon?

Thanks

No further details available. NDA prohibits.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default images of co pilot
    I just found this thread on google, and further down the list was a link to the electric pig site which has screen shots of it running from january.

iPhone satnav from CoPilot: sneak peek! | Electricpig

Thanks

As I posted here

Thanks

Confucious,

Now that the application has been released, I think you can more freely share all the goodies with us. Can you tell us:
    1) If it has legal speed limit for roads in the database, and if so, roughly how many percent of the road has such info?
    2) Does it give both visual and audio warning when you exceed the road's legal speed limit?
    3) Does it allow users to be warned when approaching chosen POI such as a school?
    4) Does it warn when approaching speed camera? (edit: I see that this feature will be coming)
    5) Does it warn when approaching a red light camera?

TIA for the info.
    Last edited by eaglesteve; 08-05-2009 at 09:04 PM.

Thanks

Aaagghhh!
    I didn't realise it had been released so I bought it.
    While I was downloading it the rest of my emails came through including the one from ALK with my promo code so I could get it for free.
    I have not actually been able to beta test this version but I should imagine the answers are very similar to the ones I gave you for the WinMo version.
    The obsession with speed limits is peculiar to Australia (yes, I do know why, but it's not an issue in most countries) so I doubt if the answer to 1 or 2 will be yes. 3? Not sure, 4 & 5 - coming soon.

Thanks

Aw Confucious has himself a little friend
    Yes you would do that.

Sorry I'm quite bored at the moment
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Thanks

That's disapponting. Thanks anyway for the reply. I bought navigon yesterday but immediately demoted it to a junk status because the Australian map had no speed data for it's roads. A real pity since it has the best UI in the market that uses the standard keyboard, and let's you pinch/spread/move maps.

I'm personally not interested in any gps software that only tells me how to get to a place.