+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UK SatNav next week?

is a discussion within the

Member Written iPhone News

forums, a part of the

iPhone News

section;
Hopefully the OZ version is not far away.
    Thanks

Hopefully the OZ version is not far away.
    iPhone 4 | iMac 24" | MacBook Pro 15" | ATV | iPod Classic | Time Capsule | iPad 16 Gb |

Thanks

Update :
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglesteve View Post
    Confucious,

Now that the application has been released, I think you can more freely share all the goodies with us. Can you tell us:
    1) If it has legal speed limit for roads in the database, and if so, roughly how many percent of the road has such info?
    Yes - most in the UK

The quality of maps varies from country to country as it depends on the map info available. The UK is very well covered as we have Ordinance Survey maps as a starting point. Ireland is pretty poorly covered as there is no base info. I'm not sure what it's like in Oz

2) Does it give both visual and audio warning when you exceed the road's legal speed limit?
    Visual - Yes, audio, not sure as I had my audio off today.

3) Does it allow users to be warned when approaching chosen POI such as a school?
    Yes

4) Does it warn when approaching speed camera? (edit: I see that this feature will be coming)
    Yes - Can be added manually now if your phone is JB - will be included in app soon.

5) Does it warn when approaching a red light camera?

TIA for the info.
    Yes
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post

The quality of maps varies from country to country as it depends on the map info available. The UK is very well covered as we have Ordinance Survey maps as a starting point. Ireland is pretty poorly covered as there is no base info. I'm not sure what it's like in Oz
    Copilot uses Navteq, the same map that Navigon is using. In Australia the map is atrocious. Lot of missing roads. In NSW and Queesland, speed limit is almost non-existent. In Victoria, only some roads has speed limit kept.

ALK has consistently shown very little interest in Australia. As one of the former customers I was initially a big fan of theirs but not anymore.

Thanks

Then I guess CoPilot is not for you in Australia.
    Here in the UK though, it is excellent. As with most things, one size does not fit all.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12