+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Orange UK now supporting iPhone???

is a discussion within the

Member Written iPhone News

forums, a part of the

iPhone News

section;
I was just on the Orange UK web sit looking for GPRS settings when I stumbled across this: Help and technical support orange are supporting iPhones now...bye bye O2
    Thanks

Default Orange UK now supporting iPhone???
    I was just on the Orange UK web sit looking for GPRS settings when I stumbled across this:
    Help and technical support

orange are supporting iPhones now...bye bye O2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Orange UK now supporting iPhone???-picture-3.png  
    Let it ultrasn0w let it ultrasn0w let it ultrasn0w

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

It'll probably be for official Apple unlocked iPhone's.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks

its never been there before!!! trust me I have looked lol

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

O2 won't be the official iPhone carrier next year so maybe Orange have also got the iPhone, that's why prices of the 3GS were ridiculously high this year, squeeze as much money as they can out of people, whilst they can. T Mobile is by far the best network though, why the hell would you want to go on Orange? lol
    I have to stay on O2 because all my mates are on O2, so free calls and texts.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks

I have been with Orange for years and found them to be excellent

besides 29 per month for 600 xnetwork min, unlimited text, and unlimited calls between members of your group cant be that bad!!
    they just need to sort out their data prices and will be the best in UK

just compare how the price of all the above with O2!!

Thanks

I really do hope Orange are NOT the carriers of the next iPhone. I hate that network with a passion.

Thanks

Orange used to be the best but since being taken over by France Telecom their CS has gone to pot and they really need to sort out their data prices.
    They were the first to promote true SmartPhones with the SPV range (yes, I know they are WinMo - but when they came out they were streets ahead of anything else)
    It could also be on T-Mob if this reportis anything to go by...
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Crana's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tl1000sy View Post
    I have been with Orange for years and found them to be excellent

besides 29 per month for 600 xnetwork min, unlimited text, and unlimited calls between members of your group cant be that bad!!
    they just need to sort out their data prices and will be the best in UK

just compare how the price of all the above with O2!!
    T-Mobile offers that deal plus free internet for 20...

Green Apple
    Thanks

T-mobile coverage within the UK isn't as good as what i should be.. so even if they do get the iphone in the future... along with Orange i still wont go to them. Perhaps if vodafone got it the story would be different.

o2 are a good network, there just being a little cheeky this time asking for so much money- there reason was that apple charged them quite a lot for each individual device they sold.

Thanks

T-mobile's coverage is now pretty good - it's not like the old days!

There 3G coverage is better than most as well.

But you do have to be wary of their 'free' internet, it does not include HSDPA.

T with HSDPA is by far the best for me
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Talking O2 rep shot down in flames today!!!
    my boss likes my iPhone so much he invited the phone provider to our work to discuss terms and tariff today

Rep shows up and gives boss demo of 3g iPhone and quotes 40gbp per month for 500 free min, 200 text and unlim data

boss asks me what I think, tell him I get 500min unlim text and data for 29.99 on orange!

rep smirks and tells us that iPhone is not on orange, so show him my phone and his jaw dropped!

rep comes in for a second shot with....yea but you wont get 3g on orange, turned my wifi off and 3g signal....he gets his phone out and no 3g! lol

reps final blow....you wont be insured cos your not on official carrier!...iPhone covered on my house insurance I tell him!!

rep departs shortly after lol

Thanks

Unlimited Data on Orange? I think not.

But that is totally irrelevant as you can't buy the iPhone on Orange, I use mine on T-Mobile but you obviously don't want your company to get the iPhone.

Or are you going to Unlock them all and support them?

Thanks

confucious, you are obviously a wise being lol and you are correct I only get 25mb data on orange, but I have wifi at home and work so find this is sufficient

would be happy to support our works iPhones if I get paid for it....spend most of my time doing it for friends and family for free at the moment so would make a nice change!!

Thanks

I reset my data usage 5 days ago - just checked and I have used 211Mb since then...

Thanks

lol orange will not do unlim data, they r gay lyk that...

Like A Boss

Thanks

That's why I steer well clear of Orange - a phone without data isn't worth having.

Green Apple
    Thanks

T-Mobile and Orange will get the iPhone in the coming weeks

Apple will shake up the industry in the second half of 2009 by breaking O2’s exclusivity on the iPhone, with the expectation that it will add Orange and T-Mobile as UK distribution partners.

The move, set for as early as September, will have repercussions for all the networks, the established manufacturers and even in retail.

Despite essentially having just one device, Apple will start to closely resemble a conventional manufacturer with its distribution strategy.

Apple reached over one million UK sales by the end of February 2009, and it’s now considering how to grow in its next phase.

The 3GS version is a small but significant iteration on its predecessor. With the same screen size to support applications that fit the original, the developments are on experience, rather than looks or a new price bracket.

The decision has also led to Apple enjoying better terms with component and chip suppliers as it looks to buy on a bigger scale.

IPhone applications have attracted one billion downloads in the last year, and the manufacturer’s first quarter results showed income from networks and other associated services rose to $1.52bn (1.03bn), compared with $378m (258m) one year earlier.

The iPhone sold more than 3.7 million units worldwide during the period – a 123% increase on the same three months in 2008.

In January, Apple announced it had sold 4.4 million iPhones during the final quarter of 2008 – an 88% surge on the previous year.

But many consumers in the UK have so far been deterred by what is perceived to be prohibitive pricing from O2, leading many to import iPhones and unlock them for use with other UK operators.

Some analysts believe there is a proportional increase with the addition of new networks. Neil Mawston at Strategy Analytics says: ‘If you triple the operators you could triple share. In Q1 2009 with O2, Apple’s share was 2% of the overall market. Based on that, it could start to close in on LG with 5%.’

read the full story here: Impact of further networks getting iPhone - Mobile Today