Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iBluetooth brings file transfer via bluetooth to iPhone, but wait!

Up next: battle of the Bluetooth apps! After iPod 2G redsnow war

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stlcaddie View Post
    Soap Opera " AS THE IPHONE TURNS" on everyday on channel MMI. LOL, we all know who the devs are and so do they. I can only wish i was smart enough to even be apart of one of the teams. I'm tech savvy like a mofo but when it comes to coding, count me as a retard. So to whoever is the mastermind of the bluetooth at the end of this drama...MUCH LOVE, YOU GET MY GREEN PAPER.
    LOL
    Same!!

In all seriousness, and to be completely honest, whoever allows me to ditch my A2DP dongle first has my vote. I couldn't care less about who deserves what.

So, any news on this?

dam I bet I'm going to have to upgrade to 2.2 huh? lol I'm still on 2.1

Quote Originally Posted by laz305 View Post
    dam I bet I'm going to have to upgrade to 2.2 huh? lol I'm still on 2.1
    Its not all bad. The 2.2 update is really quick and painless.
    QuickPwn has made it amazingly easy.

Anyway, Back to the subject at hand.

I've spent the last 2 days adding the essentials to my iPhone.
    MMS, Copy and Paste, Video Recorder, Flash (just kidding).

Bluetooth would be a sweet addition.

Can someone please release a very buggy beta, it would make me a very happy man to see my bluetooth finally being used.

Thanks.

- Also waiting on the Flash support *cough*
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

My iPhone is a Part of Me JAG2621's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IndianCheese View Post
    In all seriousness, and to be completely honest, whoever allows me to ditch my A2DP dongle first has my vote. I couldn't care less about who deserves what.
    ok
    Last edited by JAG2621; 02-17-2009 at 01:19 PM.
    If anything was usefull a thanks would be great!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Broomhead View Post
    sounds alot like Ziphone... I'll wait for the bluesn0w team.
    I'll wait for whomever makes it available first, that's called Capitalism.

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2621 View Post
    You have no ethics. You would support a lying thief than the actual people who are making the program. I hope someone steals something from you. Its people like you that help the thief's survive. Are you one?
    A "lying thief" according to whom? Are you personally involved in the issue, or just hanging with the pack by agreeing with hearsay. Have copyright infringement motions been filed? God its the whole Polar Bear Express crap all over again. People should mind their own bloody business.
    Last edited by Eurisko; 02-17-2009 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

tattoojack (05-08-2009)

haha reminds me of the drunknbass "I got a video recorder" vs. polarbear "No, I made it myself" fiasco about a year ago. Drunknbass never came out with anything but got my $5.00 donation (which I'll never do again...) Polarbear was hacked and hacked and hacked. Along with enough to go to 2008's Mac thing in January. And Polarbear? Died out with the 2.0 upgrade.

*sheesh*
    If I've helped you or even just made you laugh, hit Thanks. Every time you do, an iPhone gets jailbroken. FREE THE iPHONES!!!

I just saw iBluetooth on Cydia for sale. Anyone actually try it out?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I couldn't get it to work!

Thanks
    App work great!!! Tried it out just a few minutes ago, transferred a couple files from my pc to my iphone...hahaha!!! Yeah!!

this app is a fail in my eyes. it doesnt work at all for me. other people cant see me and i cant send crap to them. it either crashes or nothing happens. im on a 2g and as of right now this app is FAIL
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

The app is a hug success... I've been able to send files from the built-in file browser, and receive files from the pc, and any other phone ranging from pictures, songs, and video files. My only question is for the others who've got it working, is there an option to send pictures from the image browser built into the program? because so far all the image browser does for me, is display the images i've got on my phone, but no option from within it to send a picture? For the person above me, make sure you've checked in the settings of the app, that your device is set to discoverable. That might do the trick before u give it a "fail" status. N for everyone hating on the fact the code was stolen, few hours after it was released, it got cracked. Both ways someone brought blue-tooth to this device that once wasn't able to do the most BASIC of things...simple file transfer.. since this changed that, kudos for the quality release. Can't wait for integration of more profiles though

Could someone help me, under file system then under saved path, what is the direction supposed to be? I messed mine up

And to everyone ibluetooth works, the only problem is that some people can't get it to work because of the huge request, and the server goes down.

my issue now is that i cant send anything. i constantly get a unable to connect to remote device error whenever trying to send a pic from the image tab. i have tried sending both as a png and as a jpeg. its not a FAIL but im also not happy with it only being half functional. if anyone could help it would be much appreciated.

Device is in discoverable mode
    i HAVE received photos from another device
    i cannot send anything. it either crashes. says unable to connect, or nothing happens
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Worked perfect for me. I sent a picture and a ringtone to a Nokia, but the ringtone didnt work since it wasnt an mp3. I'll probably buy this one.

Quote Originally Posted by cscho0415 View Post
    ALSO remember that medevil released months ago FAKE pictures of pairing when he first stole our work... the reality back them was that he had made a simply printf prgram that printed the text lying that the had paired... so i would not believe it till i see it... any way we are hoping to finish ours soon so keep watching
    Good luck on your release.

If he stole it then people will steal from him. Karma.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Works fine for me.
    Sent movies, pictures, songs all from my iphone 3g to 2 diffrent sony ericson's.
    Also received movies from a sony ericson.

I'll try diffrent manufacturers phones tonight and see if there any phones it cant pair with.

It'll be good when both versions of bluetooth are released. it's good to have competition.

Quote Originally Posted by cricketlang View Post
    this app is a fail in my eyes. it doesnt work at all for me. other people cant see me and i cant send crap to them. it either crashes or nothing happens. im on a 2g and as of right now this app is FAIL
    You may have to turn the phone you wish to connect to 'discoverable' and possibly put the default 0000 passcode to allow pairing.

I had to do it to 1 of the phones I tried to connect to.
    Last edited by lou rob; 03-13-2009 at 05:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone mwr_allen's Avatar
    Thanks

I tried this app this morning and it works but I had to change a few settings.

First make sure that your bluetooth is turned on, next open the app and select visible ON, then check that pin authentication is ON and auto pin is ON and also I selected to send images as JPEG and save images in library.

It worked with these settings but the app crashed a few times and also when I was trying to send a file to another iPhone with exactly the same settings it would not find any devices so I pressed the red x button on the top left of the application home screen and turned it back on again and tried again and either it would work fine or crash.

All in all not the best thing around so if there are any users who are either very impatient or are very new to the iPhone then don't bother.

Plus I don't like the fact that this guy has stolen the hard work of somebody else and I'm sure that the devs will make a much more stable application for us and I would be happy to pay them for it, but not this joker.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast