Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Could $99 iPhone Rule The World?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I thin more money conscious people would be less apt to even consider the luxury of an iPhone. But if the prices were $99/$199 I think more people just might go with the iPhone over a $50 phone.
    There are 4 people I work with that have his/hers iPhone. When you think about it2 16g phones, activation, first months service, accessories is an easy $800 day of shopping.
    Now if the same day of shopping was cut by 40% that might attract small % of people that were on the fence.

College tuition. Yipper. We have one in college (freshman) and the total cost this year, nearly $50k.
    Our college took a small hit. Fidelity did a fantastic job managing it during these rough times.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theetoothfairy View Post
    I agree I would like to see some as well...

Right now I know about ten people that would love to get one but can't afford to spend $200.00 and then their first bill as it is always more.... and I really think the data plans is what the concerns are here.... if they were not as much then $200.00 for the phone I think they would swing.... they all work but things are very tight for them..... especially the younger couples I know......

Don't worry no one thinks you are trying to argue...
    Haha, thanks.

I dont think the "price" of the data plan is as bad (considering alot of other data plans....blackberry plans, most WinMo data plans, etc are even more...ave. $45 a month)....BUT....

The problem is you HAVE to get the plan to own an iphone....if it were a "choice", add the plan or not....that in my opinion would make a big difference.

Thanks

College tuition. Yipper. We have one in college (freshman) and the total cost this year, nearly $50k.
    Our college took a small hit. Fidelity did a fantastic job managing it during these rough times.
    Thats some bill. I thought my kids was bad at $39,000 but that includes room and board.. My second son wants to go to a school, while he would commute from home, the tuition is still about $35,000. Next year $74,000 in tuition.

If I've helped you, you can help me by clicking on that Thanks button.
    iPhone, the Swiss Army knife of the 21st Century.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Yep. He has his own apartment 1 street over from Boston U. BU was cheaper than where he ended up going.

I hope the kids on the forum read this.
    You have to make about $105,000 a year to bring home $74,000
    Or slighlty over $50 dollar an hour.
    Any way you cut it, that's a lot of iPhones
    Last edited by bruinsrme; 10-29-2008 at 08:53 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone JackSchitt's Avatar
    Thanks

i have the Montgomery G.I. Bill i get to use. right now it is valued at $47,000. i have up to 10 years to use it after i get out of the military, which is in 6 months. when i joined the military 7 years ago, we had the option to sign up for it. the government took $100 a month out of our pay for 12 months, in return, you get college money. when i first joined the G.I. Bill was worth like $30,000 i believe, maybe a little more. if your kids are interested in the military, have them join the Coast Guard. it has been a great experience and I will miss it, but i have to move on with my life. start a new chapter.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Grassmasta View Post
    From an economic standpoint, they would be crazy to drop the price that low; well, any time soon. On a basic economic supply and demand model, if the demand is still rising (for the iphone it still is), then the price is just right, and they should be asking for no less. However, if in a few years they still have the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gens still lying around, sure, sell it off for a marginal price drop. Steve bathes himself in iPods and iPhones, and wipes his butt with Mac Book Pros; and as we all know, that's an expensive life style to keep up.
    If they ARE looking at dropping the price it is mostly likely to directly combat the BlackBerry Storm which will definitely launch at more than $99 with a MORE EXPENSIVE two year contract. Plus, demand isn't high enough currently to keep the phones sold out anywhere (at least in the states) so this wouldn't be a stupid move even if it's not to combat the Storm. It is the Hershey economic model.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12